Happy News! The Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center is presently accepting applications for internships. In this article, we’ll go into great detail regarding this internship program, its advantages, and how to apply.
International students are welcome to apply for the Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center Internships. The internship lasts between 10 and 15 weeks. Every semester, APAC provides modest internship stipends.
A great museum in the twenty-first century, according to the Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center, is more than just a physical space. They break through barriers and engage communities in unexpected and creative ways. Through cutting-edge museum experiences online and across the country, they are a migrating museum that brings Asian Pacific American history, art, and culture to you.
In order to convert museums into spaces for social justice, critical and productive discourse, and civic involvement, the Center aims to reimagine and broaden the conventional museum model. They engage the public through events that recognize art and culture as vehicles that can bring them together in a new model of the museum experience, such as signature series Culture Labs, which invite visitors to inquire, discover, and learn via direct exchanges with artists, scholars, and cultural practitioners.
- Host: Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center
- Locations: USA
- Internship-Focused Areas: All majors
- Internship Period: Internships typically run 10 to 15 weeks. They provide 20–30 hour per week part-time internships and are flexible with start and end dates, duration, and the number of hours worked per week.
– Summer 2023 (June-August): No later than March 10, 2023
– Fall 2023 (September-December): No later than June 09, 2023
– Spring 2024 (February-May): No later than November 10, 2023
Benefits of Internships at the Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center
The following benefits are included with internships at the Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center:
Every semester, APAC offers small internship stipends, but funding is scarce and applications are highly selective. Additionally, interns may be granted academic credit by their colleges. All applicants are urged to look into scholarships available to fund internships at their colleges.
Eligibility Criteria for Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center Internships
For internships at the Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center, candidates must meet the requirements listed below:
- Required Language: English Language
- All nations in the world are eligible.
- Graduate students, recent graduates, and current undergraduate students (current sophomores, juniors, and seniors).
- Open to all majors
How to Apply for Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center Internships
To apply for internships at the Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center, please follow the instructions below:
(1) Verify that you have all the required paperwork:
- Two pages maximum for a cover letter that addresses:
- Why do you wish to work at APAC as an intern?
- What skills and information are you hoping to gain from the internship?
- Unofficial academic records from each college or university attended.
- Please list any applicable experience on your resume, along with any technical knowledge of social networking platforms, programming languages, and applications like Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Academic ability is mentioned in 2 letters of recommendation. Professionalism. flexibility to change quickly with a fast-paced environment.
- 1 Example of Relevant Work
(2) Use the SOLAA site at the Smithsonian to submit the necessary application materials.
(3) Select the Asian Pacific American Center Internship Program by following the directions on the left-hand navigation bar after accessing SOLAA.
Note: Please contact APAC@si.edu if you encountered any issues or questions.
Please visit the official website to learn more about internships at the Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you work as a Smithsonian intern?
Smithsonian Internships are supervised learning experiences that take place in the workplace and give trainees practical work experience in a variety of professions.
Who is the Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center’s director?
In November 2016, Lisa Sasaki was appointed director.
Can non-US citizens work at Smithsonian Institution?
All foreign nationals must fill out the Foreign National Request Form and return it to OIR before the start of their job, even if you already have a non-immigrant status or visa. The eligibility of the person for a placement at the Smithsonian will need to be confirmed by OIR.
Is admission to the Smithsonian expensive?
All Smithsonian museums in Washington, D.C., offer free admission. Seven days a week, the museums are open. (Christmas Day is a holiday at the Smithsonian.
- Global Korea Scholarship 2023
- University of Adelaide RTP Scholarship 2023
- Microsoft Internship 2023
- Peking University Scholarship Program for International Students 2023
- Liberty University Online Scholarships Programs In USA 2023
- Lithuanian State Scholarships 2023
- Lanzhou University of Technology President Scholarship 2023