International students are eligible to apply for Vrije Universiteit Brussel Scholarships for the European Master of Science in Photonics. A number of full scholarships worth 10,000 euros each will be awarded by the Vrije Universiteit Brussel to help students with the additional costs of living in Brussels.
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Study in: Belgium
- Deadline: September 01, 2023
- Scholarship Value: 10,000 Euros
Also Read: Jacobs University Scholarships 2023 Germany
The fields of Bridging physics, engineering, and photonics are the recipients of the studentships. Candidates with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical engineering, (Applied) physics, materials sciences, or an equivalent are eligible for the program. These programs’ final-year students will also be taken into consideration. Candidates with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in another engineering subject are welcome to apply and join the program after completing a tailored preparation curriculum. You can combine this preparation curriculum with a certain bachelor’s or master’s degree program.
Applications for the preparation program of 30 ECTS are accepted from Belgian Bachelors in IR Architecture, Physics, Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Biotechnology, Industrial Science – Electronics/ICT, Engineering Science, and KMS Polytechnical Department.
Vrije Universiteit Brussel Scholarships Benefits
Receiving a VUB Scholarship entitles the recipient to:
- European Master of Science in Photonics VUB Scholarships
- A number of full scholarships worth 10,000 euros each will be awarded by the Vrije Universiteit Brussel to students enrolled in the VUB’s European Master of Science in Photonics program. This grant is intended to help with the living expenses associated with attending school in Brussels. Each application will be evaluated for quality and motive.
2. B-PHOT Excellence Scholarship scheme
- At the start of the first semester of the first year of the MSc, there will be three $1,000 entry scholarships. The honorees are the top three pupils who met our criterion for selection.
- The top three students, based on their academic standing after semester 1, will receive three continuation scholarships, each worth 1500 euros, at the beginning of the second semester of the first year of the MSc. Additionally, applicants for the Continuation Scholarship who did not receive the Entry Scholarship will be taken into consideration.
- At the beginning of the second year of the MSc, one Excellence Scholarship worth 5000 Euro will be given out.
Eligibility Criteria for Vrije Universiteit Brussel Scholarships
Candidates must meet each of the requirements listed below in order to be eligible for the VUB Scholarship:
- All nations in the world are eligible.
- English is a required language. For foreign students, the following language requirements apply:
- A TOEFL test with a minimum score of 570 (paper-based) or 87 (internet-based), taken no more than two years ago
- An authentic “test report from” (TRF) from IELTS that was produced no more than two years ago and has a minimum overall band score of 6.0
- First Certificate in English (FCE) from Cambridge-ESOL
- Holders of a secondary or higher education certificate from an accredited Flemish Community institution are excused from providing a proof of language competency.
- If you have successfully completed at least one year (60 credits) of secondary or higher education with English as the primary language of instruction, you are also exempt from taking the language test (an official certificate must be supplied).
- Please take note that you always have the option to submit your proof of English proficiency or APS certificate after the deadline if it is not ready in time.
How to Apply
Please click the link to the official website provided at the bottom. However, the following are crucial procedures to applying for this scholarship:
- Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible because applications can only be submitted online through the application form.
- Include the following files:
- A legible ID copy
- An explanation letter
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Official bachelor’s degree or official graduation certificate
- Full and authorized transcript of records for the BSc
- Valid master’s degree or official graduation certificate
- Official transcript of records, full, MSc
- Language proficiency certification
- Comprehensive content description of bachelor courses
Frequently Asked Questions
Is English taught at Vrije Universiteit Brussel?
For those language and literature fans out there, VUB offers a three-year bachelor's program in linguistics and literary studies taught entirely in English (180 ECTS).
What is the Vrije Universiteit Brussel application fee?
Students having diplomas from other countries will be invited to pay a €50 application fee.
What is the VUB minimum GPA?
You received overall grades above average, which in the US grading scale equates to level B or a GPA of at least three out of four.
Is VUB a private or public university?
Public. Four campuses make up the vibrant, cutting-edge Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB), a public institution in the Brussels-Capital Region.