Peking University Scholarship Program. Outstanding and motivated foreign students who desire to enroll in one of the University’s degree programs for the 2023–2024 academic year are invited to submit applications for the Peking University (Overseas Students) Scholarship.
The Peking University (Overseas Students) Scholarship was created in 2012 to help deserving students attend Peking University to pursue undergraduate or graduate degrees.
Beijing, China’s Peking institution (PKU) is a public research institution. The Chinese Ministry of Education provides funding for the university.
When the Guangxu Emperor granted it a royal charter, Peking University was founded as the Imperial University of Peking in 1898. The institution, which took the place of the more established Guozijian Imperial College, is known by its romanized name, Peking, which still uses the older transliteration of Beijing that has been replaced in most other contexts.
Peking University has consistently been rated as one of the best universities in China and the entire world. According to Times Higher Education, in 2021, it was ranked 16th globally and first in the Asia-Pacific & Emerging Countries, and in 2022, it was ranked 12th globally, second in Asia, and first in China.
Details of Peking University Scholarship Program
- Category: College School
- Organization: Peking University (PKU)
- Country to study: China
- School to study: Peking University
- Course to study: Not specified.
- Application Deadline: May 31, 2023
Benefits of Peking University’s undergraduate and graduate scholarships
Two categories have been established for the scholarship:
- The full scholarship pays for all costs, including tuition, a monthly stipend (which includes a living allowance), and health insurance.
- Only the tuition fees are covered by the half scholarship.
The monthly stipend is given as follows:
- Undergraduate: 2000 CNY/month
- Postgraduate: 2500CNY/month
- PhD: 3000CNY/month
Requirements for Peking Undergraduates & Postgraduates
- International students must be the applicants.
- The applicant must be in possession of a scholarship offer to study abroad at Peking University.
- Applicants must be university freshmen.
- A full-time program is required for applicants.
- Candidates who have not previously received scholarship funding
- Applicants for postgraduate and undergraduate programs
- Students engaged in programs leading to professional degrees, combined degrees, or programs where English is taught are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Peking University (PKU) on studyinchina.csc.edu.cn to apply
- Visit PKU Online Application System (http://www.studyatpku.com), click on “Scholarship Application” – “New student”, fill in the application form and submit.
- Please submit the letter of appeal in person to ISDPKU or mail them before the deadline.
- The committee will assess the applications
- The list of selected candidates will be submitted for final review
- The list of successful candidates will be announced.
- Scholarship winners will have to undertake an annual appraisal in April annually in order to enjoy the scholarship for the following year.
May 31, 2023
Recommended for you:
- Newsweek Global Leadership Scholarships 2023
- Saltire Scholarships for Postgraduate Students in Scotland 2023
- Scotlands Saltire Scholarships 2023
- Abertay University Scholarships 2023
- UAL International Postgraduate Scholarships 2023