For international students, the Macquarie University scholarship 2023–2024 is a subsidized award. This grant is available for graduate and undergraduate study. The Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship at Macquarie University offers an average of AUD $10,000.
The Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship is given to international students who demonstrate academic distinction. It offers deserving students a half tuition scholarship to pursue an undergraduate or graduate degree at Macquarie University.
- Level: Undergraduate/Master’s
- Host: Macquarie University
- Study in: Australia
- Field of Study: Unspecified.
- Gender: Male and Female
- Deadline for applications: May 19, 2023.
Also Read: Cambridge University MBA Scholarship
Macquarie University Scholarship: Goals and Advantages
The Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship at Macquarie University offers an average of AUD $10,000.
Eligibility for the Macquarie University Scholarship
In order to be eligible for a Macquarie University Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- English is a required language.
- All nations around the globe, excluding Australia and New Zealand, are eligible.
- Satisfy the academic and English criteria for a bachelor’s or postgraduate coursework degree from Macquarie University.
- Obtain a minimum WAM equivalent of 65 or an ATAR equivalent of 85 for undergraduate applications or a postgraduate application.
- Accept admission to a Macquarie University Bachelor’s or Postgraduate Coursework Degree starting in 2022 or 2023.
- As instructed in your letter of offer, enroll in and start your course. The start date cannot be postponed.
- Maintain your enrollment throughout the course, taking 8 standard units of credit per academic year, or a full-time study load.
- Become familiar with the University’s academic progression policy.
- This grant is only available for on-campus study.
- Students who have previously been awarded a scholarship from Macquarie University are not eligible for this one.
- If you have applied to or are enrolled in Macquarie University International College, you are not eligible.
- If you are an Australian or New Zealander citizen or have permanent residency in Australia, you are not eligible.
- Depending on the decision made by the scholarships and awards committee, you might be forced to repay any scholarship that was given to you while you were a student at Macquarie University if you leave your program before it is finished.
Also Read: Cambridge University MBA Scholarship
Important Dates for the Macquarie University Scholarship Interviews
Note: If you do not possess any of the following, you are regarded as an international student.
- Citizenship of Australia or New Zealand
- Permanent resident of Australia
- An Australian humanitarian visa that is perpetual.
- Session 1 2023 (Feb): 12 December 2022
(Application deadline: 2 December 2022)
- Session 2 2023 (Jul): 29 May 2023
(Application deadline: 19 May 2023).
How to Apply
Are you capable and interested? To apply, visit Macquarie University’s website at admissions.mq.edu.au.
1. Select a course.
2. Verify the prerequisites
- Check to see if your present degree is accepted and turn the score into an ATAR (Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank).
- Make sure you can speak English at the level required for the course you want to take.
- Find out if you qualify for RPL (recognition of past learning).
You can use:
- internet access straight to Macquarie University
- If you are an international applicant presently pursuing an Australian Year 12 qualification, the International Baccalaureate (IB), or a New Zealand NCEA Level 3 qualification, you may apply via Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) International.
- Via a designated agent. Licensed representatives can assist you with your application and might even provide package deals to enhance the basic package. Applications are only accepted by Macquarie University from authorized representatives who have a legal obligation to offer trustworthy and expert counsel.
4. Receive your Offer
If you accept an offer, a warm welcome to Macquarie to you! You only need to accept your offer to reserve your spot. Prior to the start of your program, specifics on how to complete your enrolling will be given.
Frequently Asked Question
Does Macquarie welcome students from other countries?
Yes. International students must fulfill both the minimal academic and English entry requirements in order to be accepted into a program of study at Macquarie University.
What is Macquarie University’s required minimum GPA?
Intakes at Macquarie University are primarily in February and July. International students must have at least 70% in Class XII (for UG courses) and a GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (77-79%), in order to be admitted to Macquarie University's undergraduate programs.
Is IELTS a requirement for Macquarie University?
Standard English, which is comparable to an overall Academic IELTS of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each band, is required for the majority of coursework programs at Macquarie, whereas Special English, which is equivalent to an overall Academic IELTS more than 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each band, is required for some programs.
In Australia, what constitutes a good GPA?
In Australia, a GPA of 6-7 is regarded as excellent, whereas the average GPA ranges from 5 to 6.
YOU MAY LIKE:
- Slovakia Government Scholarships for International Students
- GeneTex Scholarship Program
- University of Madrid Scholarships Spain 2023
- Leeds University Excellence Scholarships in UK 2023-24
- Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarship