International students who wish to pursue a research higher degree at Flinders University are specifically encouraged to apply for the Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP) Scholarships (International).
International students who apply for the Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship (AGRTPS) will automatically be considered for the Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarship.
- Degree: Master’s or Doctoral
- Deadline: August 4, 2023
- Study in: Australia
- Course Begins in: 2023.
- Host Institution: Flinders University, Australia.
- Field of Study: Full-time research higher degree programs (Research Masters or Research Doctorate degrees) available at the University.
- Number of Awards: Up to 5 awards may be given.
- Target Group: Citizens of all foreign nations, excluding Australia and New Zealand, are the target group.
Also Read: Goldsmith University Scholarship
Scholarship Worth/Components and Duration
The Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarship covers the tuition fees for international students as well as a large living allowance of $33,000 annually (2023 rate, tax-free), overseas health insurance, and an establishment payment of up to $1,485 to help with moving expenses and travel.
For a Research Doctorate degree and a Research Masters degree, respectively, the scholarship is valid for a maximum of three years and two years, respectively.
- A Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarship can be used for:
- if pursuing a Research Doctorate, three years at full-time study;
- In the case of those pursuing a Research Masters degree, two years full-time.
2. If a Research Doctorate student is making satisfactory progress and the reasons for the extension pertain to the study and are outside of the student’s control, the Scholarships Committee may approve an extension of the FIPRS for up to six months. A scholarship extension is not available to research masters students. Scholarship holders pursuing a Research Doctorate degree may request an additional six-month extension of their scholarship’s term under exceptional circumstances. Before the first semester’s work has started, a second (extra) semester extension cannot be approved.
3. The scholarship’s duration will be altered for:
- Students with Research Masters degrees who throughout the term of the award upgrade their candidacy to a Research Doctorate degree;
- Students pursuing Research Masters degrees instead of Research Doctorates while the award is still in effect;
- Award recipients who, before accepting their FIPRS, completed periods of study toward the degree for which the grant was given.
Eligibility for Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarship
- To not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status, or New Zealand citizenship; to be a citizen of any country abroad other than New Zealand; and
- In the year for which the award is to be granted, intend to begin full-time study for a higher degree through research for the first time in Australia. Students who started their higher degree by research in the previous year but were unable to apply for a FIPRS in that year due to the timing of their admission application and subsequent enrollment, or students who started a higher degree by research but ended that enrolment within six months of starting may be taken into consideration; and
- Plan to enroll in a research concentration course. These are areas where the university excels, where it has focused its research efforts, and where it has garnered outside support;
- Satisfy all entrance requirements for a higher degree through research, including the English language proficiency requirements for HDR candidates.
A student will not be given a FIPRS if they:
- Getting money from another source that is larger than 75% of the student’s RTP Stipend rate to cover their basic living expenses while pursuing their course of study. money that is unrelated to the student’s course of study or money that is relevant to the student’s course of study but is not used to fund basic living expenses is not to be considered.
- Has previously been granted a FIPRS for a Research Masters or Research Doctorate degree, unless the Research Masters degree has already been earned and the student is pursuing a Research Doctorate degree;
- Holds a degree that is considered to be the equivalent of an Australian Research Doctorate or, if pursuing a Research Masters degree, a degree that is considered to be the equivalent of or higher than an Australian Research Masters degree;
- Having obtained a scholarship from the Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID/Australia Award) in the two years before beginning the FIPRS
- Is taking a compensated study break;
- Holds an academic appointment that is more than 0.2FTE on a fractional basis.
For a list of all eligibility requirements, please visit the conditions of award (link provided below).
You must first apply for admission to a research higher degree (PhD or Master of Arts by research) before applying for the International HDR Scholarship group in order to be considered for a FIPRS. You will have access to the student system where you can submit your scholarship application after completing your admissions applications. Applications must be submitted by August 4, 2023, at 5 p.m. Adelaide time.
It is critical to read the 2023 FIPRS Conditions of Award and go to the official website (link provided below) for complete instructions on how to apply for the Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarship.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Flinders International Research Scholarship?
The scholarship is intended to help students who have already completed the equivalent of at least one year of full-time study and is available to both domestic and international students. There are now 70 scholarships available, with a $1,000 value each scholarship.
Does Flinders University award scholarships to students from other countries?
The Flinders International Research Scholarship (FIPRS), a scholarship that covers international tuition expenses and also offers a stipend, is designed expressly to assist international students.
How long does it take for Flinders University to send an offer letter?
Applications for undergraduate study are typically handled in 10 working days. Applications for graduate school are typically handled in 10 working days. The processing of research applications may take up to eight weeks.
What is the Flinders University IELTS requirement?
Completed a secondary or tertiary qualification that was approved, taught in English, in a nation where English is the official language or the primary language spoken (for up to an overall IELTS of 6.5), with documentation that was obtained no more than five years prior to the proposed start date of the course.
YOU MAY LIKE:
- Goldsmith University Scholarship
- UST South Korea Scholarship 2023-2024
- Edinburgh Global Online Distance Learning Scholarships
- Weidenfeld Hoffmann Scholarships 2023 in the UK | Fully Funded
- University of Dayton Merit Scholarship 2023-24 in USA (Funded)
- University Of Montreal Scholarship Program For International Students 2023-2024