Japan OIST Internship is a unique opportunity to continue research in the world’s most advanced laboratories. The best internship in Asia gives the students the opportunities to learn technical skills and contribute to the research activities of Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology. OIST research internship instills confidence and competences in the internees by giving them the privilege to continue their researches under the supervision and guidance of the world’s top supervisors. The OIST fully-funded internship in Japan create a brighter future for the students who are selected for the internship regardless of their background, race, gender and intellectual efficiency.
OIST has many faculties which are among the world’s best faculties responsible for assigning the appropriate research works for interns. The research or project work could be related to these fields; Energy Unit, Integrative Community, Physics Unit, Non-linear Equilibrium, Quantum Systems, Fluid Mechanics, Evolutionary Genomics, Computational Neuroscience, Building Technology and many others. Each unit has its separate supervisor who is in charge of his internees research and project works.
- Funding: Fully Funded
- Level: Graduates of any degree.
- Deadline: October 15, 2022.
- Country: Japan
- Institution: OIST graduate school
- Field of Study: Various (science, engineering and technology)
- Nationality: International
- Duration of Internship: 2-6 months.
- Internship Dates: April 1, 2023- September 30, 2023.
OIST Internship Research Areas:
- Nonlinear Physics
- Evolutionary Genomics
- Fluid Mechanics
- Computational Neuroscience
- Femtosecond Spectroscopy
- Neural Computation
- Biodiversity and Biocomplexity
- Electronic and Quantum Magnetism
- Mathematics, Mechanics, and Materials
- Embodied Cognitive Science Unit
- Sensory and Behavioral Neuroscience
- Neural Coding and Brain Computing Unit
- Continuum Physics
- Theoretical Physics
- Immune Signaling
- Organic Optoelectronics
- Coordination Chemistry and Catalysis
- Quantum Dynamics
- Membrane Cooperativity
- Protein Engineering and Evolution
- Genomics and Regulatory Systems Unit
- The applicants who are in the final two years of their Bachelor’s or Master’s program in Japan or foreign countries are eligible to apply.
- Students who are recently graduated can apply.
- The students who are currently enrolled in a degree program at the OIST.
- Applicants must have approval for the OIST internship from their domestic institution.
How to Apply for Japan OIST Internship:
- Applicant needs to log in and create a profile online to apply.
- At least one letter of recommendation.
- Your recommendation must have reached OIST by your referee.
- After the letter is submitted, you will receive a notification message and then you can apply successfully by submitting your application.
- All application are online and you do not need to contact the institution via an agent. Visit the OIST official website.
Benefits of the Scholarship:
- The intern will get daily allowance of 2400 JPY, the weekends will be excluded and the allowance will be taxable.
- Interns will receive a free OIST shuttle bus ticket.
- A paid round trip air ticket will be provided to interns.
- The interns will be provided free fully furnished apartments on or off the campus. Depending on your choice of residency.
- Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology will also assist with vis acquisitions and local registration procedures.
- Curriculum Vitae. Learn how to make a perfect CV here
- Academic qualifications Transcripts (In English translation, if necessary).
- Recommendation Letter from a trusted referee.
- Identification photographs (ID).
When is the Japan OIST Internship 2022 Deadline:
The Japan OIST Internship deadline for the 2022 application process is on the 15th of October, 2022.