The Asian Development Bank Internship 2024 is a stepping stone for recent college graduates on the path to illustrious careers. A diverse work environment is guaranteed for interns at the Asian Development Bank, as ADB employees hail from over 60 countries. The international internship program provides trainees with the opportunity to work on project-oriented schemes and mechanisms.
It is an opportunity for graduates to acquire professional experience through research and projects supervised by world-class professionals. Moreover, it is a golden opportunity for those whose academic fields are related to ADB’s activity.
In order to achieve its vision of a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, the Asian Development Bank selects trainees twice a year. Individuals with exceptional aptitude, motivation, and influence are being selected for international internships at the ADB.
In order to promote social and economic development, ADB offers scholarships and apprenticeships to self-motivated individuals in order to alleviate poverty in the region. The purpose of this paid internship program is also to bring together exceptional graduates so that they can make a significant impact collectively.
The Asian Development Bank Paid Internship 2024 equips interns with the skills necessary to impact the public and private sectors of their developing countries in terms of economic and development. Moreover, ADB interns have the opportunity to develop their skills in accordance with the institution’s objectives for its 2030 vision.
The international interns at ADB will have the opportunity to work on their preferred projects, as they will submit for their desired project during the application procedure. The Asian Development Bank is engaged in a number of initiatives related to sustainable social and economic development, one of which is mitigating the effects of COVID-19 through vaccination, financing, knowledge, and partnerships.
Asian Development Bank has partnerships with a variety of international multinational banks and multilateral financial institutions, including the World Bank, Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Global Environment Facility, World Health Organization, World Trade Organization, Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, and many others.
During their time at the Asian Development Bank, interns from developing countries will have the opportunity to study the operational strategies of the world’s leading banks and financial institutions. ADB prefers its interns over other individuals for the provision of any position, so it is a wonderful opportunity for students to obtain employment opportunities at ADB after completing the internship.
Also read: Microsoft Internship Paid Program 2024-2025
Details of the Asian Development Bank Internship
- Internship Location: ADB Head Quarters, Philippines.
- Duration: 8 to 11 weeks
- Benefits: Fully Funded
- IELTS: No
- On Board: January 2024
Benefits of the Asian Development Bank Internship
- The stipend will be paid to the interns in accordance with their location, Stipend will be paid for up to 56 calendar days.
- ADB provides a limited amount to cover part of the airfare travel cost should air travel be necessary between the internship location and the authorized point of origin.
- ADB prefers its interns for full-time jobs over others if there arises any related job opportunity.
- The interns will get a chance to start their careers in a world-class organization under the supervision of highly talented and experienced professionals.
Eligibility of the Asian Development Bank Internship
- The candidate must be a national and citizen of ADB member countries.
- The candidate must be either a master’s or PhD student in one of the ADB member states.
- The candidate must have academic/study related to ADB’s projects.
- The candidate must be proficient in English.
- The candidate must have some professional experience related to the ADB projects.
How to apply for the Asian Development Bank Internship
- The eligible candidates have to apply online through ADB Career and Employment System (ACES).
- The candidate must have selected the related ADB assignment.
- An essay and CV must be uploaded on the online form.
- All the essay questions must be answered properly.
- The candidate has to submit a motivation letter that shows the interest of the candidate towards the chosen assignment.
- Make sure to submit the application before the deadline avoids any error.
FAQs On Asian Development Bank Internship
How do I know if my internship is paid?
If there's no salary or mention of one in the job description, look at the rest of the company website to see if the information is on another page. For example, the company might include that it pays interns on its main “careers” or “internships” page but not include this information on a specific internship's page.
How long is the application process in ADB?
Typically, it takes between two and six months before a new staff member can report for work from the date of application.
Which bank is best for internship?
ICICI - This particular bank has earned a positive reputation for how it has streamlined its operations and maintained good relations with customers in all kinds of economic sectors.
Is an internship a job?
A job is a paid position that involves working for an employer regularly. On the other hand, an internship is a temporary position, typically unpaid or partially paid, designed to provide students or recent graduates with practical work experience in a specific field or industry.
Is ADB work from home?
ADB promotes the use of flexible work practices to support the well-being of its staff while enhancing productivity in delivering ADB's mission. This includes flexible work hours and occasional work from home within and outside duty station.