FAO Internship Program 2022 offers an Internship Program for international students to support agricultural development and food security through FAO (The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations) services and programs. If you are an international student interested in sustainable development, agricultural policy reform, rural economy, environmental management, or food security, you can apply for Internship Programs with FAO.
No Language Test like IELTS/TOEFL is required by FAO. The duration of an internship assignment is between a minimum of 3 months and ultimately 11 months. Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30 at the start of their internship.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that champions international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto translates; “fiat panis”, which means to “let there be bread”. The organization was founded on the 16th of October, 1945.
- Funding: Full Funding
- Level: Undergraduate, Master’s & Doctoral
- Deadline: Open
- Duration of Internship: 3-6 months.
- Country: Italy
- Host: FAO (The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations).
- Nationality: International
Eligibility of FAO Internship Program 2022:
- Nationality: candidates must be nationals of FAO Members countries.
- Educationally, candidates must be students enrolled in an undergraduate degree or graduate or recent graduates.
- Languages: candidates must have a working knowledge of at least one FAO official language. Including English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, or Russian.
- Applicants should be aged between 21 and 30 at the start of their internship.
- Skills: candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment, have good communication skill and be knowledgeable in the use of basic computer programs.
- Family relation: candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother, father) employed by FAO under any type of contract are not eligible for the Internship Program.
For more Internship programs, check here.
Fields of FAO Internship Program 2022:
The following specialties are mostly needed;
- Forestry and Animal Science
- Management and Finance
- International Affairs
- Society Studies
Tasks to be performed by Interns include the following;
The activities performed varies according to the opening and the requirements of each department which interns are allocated. Generally speaking, the main duties are:
- Carry out research relevant to the agency’s activities.
- Write and review reports, documents and publications.
- Provide administrative and operational support.
- Help conduct events and conferences.
- Take part in training programs with other staff members.
Benefits of the Internship:
- Interns will receive a Stipend in local currency and this do not exceed US$ 700 per month.
- In this amount, the interns can easily manage the other expenses.
- Career Development
- Professional growth
- Mobility; Since FAO’s work is global, their staff should be too; that is why FAO has a staff mobility program which enables and encourages staff to move around both geographically and to different functions within their duty station.
How to Apply:
- If you are a first-time user, before applying to any requisition (vacancy), create your candidate profile.
- An existing user; click on the “Access vacancies” button, fill out your credentials and click on Log In.
- Once you are logged in, you can access your profile by clicking on your name in the upper right corner. You can use this profile to apply directly to job openings in FAO’s career portal.
- Please note that only applications received through the FAO career portal will be reviewed.
- Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- Changes made to your profile when applying for a job are job-specific. Updating your application for one job does not change the version you submitted for other jobs.
- Please submit your application in the same language of the vacancy announcement or in the FAO language indicated in the vacancy announcement as most relevant for the assignment.
- To apply for FAO internship program 2022, visit the official registration page, create your application and follow the prompts. You can apply via here.