The Cyprus Institute Scholarship is a prestigious scholarship scheme for Master’s and Doctoral program students. This scheme provides the opportunity to young scholars that demonstrate outstanding academic performance to pursue their Master’s and doctoral studies at The Cyprus Institute while at the same time, enjoy the numerous benefits of stipends provided by the Institute.
Initially, the scholarship will be offered for the normal duration of the program but will be subjected to annual review of excellent performance.
About the Cyprus Institute:
The Cyprus Institute (CyI) is a world-class, non-profit research and educational institution with a strong scientific and technological orientation. It is a regional Center of Excellence, addressing issues of regional interest but of global significance, with an emphasis on cross-disciplinary research and international collaborations. CyI is being developed as an international science and technology organization to strengthen the research community of Cyprus and to help transform its economy to a knowledge-based economy.
- Funding: Full Funding
- Level: Master’s & Ph.D
- Deadline: August 27, 2022
- Type of Study: Full Time
- Country: Cyprus
- University: The Cyprus Institute.
- Nationality: All Countries
Fields of Study:
- MSc/MPhil in Environmental Sciences
- MSc Simulation and Data Science
- MSc Digital Cultural Heritage
- PhD in Computational Sciences
- PhD in Science and Technology in Archaeology and Cultural Heritage
- PhD in Energy, Environment and Atmospheric Sciences
While reviewing the applications received, the Admissions Committee will make a recommendation to the Scholarships Committee on qualified applicants who may be considered for the Dean’s Distinguished Scholarship. The Scholarship Committee, comprised of experts from the respective scientific field, will interview and evaluate short-listed applicants according to the following selection criteria:
- Applicants must have either a first degree (BSc/BA, etc.) or a subsequent degree that is relevant to the proposed studies, and which reflects excellence, great academic potential, and overall evidence of a high-achieving student.
- Applicants must submit a very strong application (i.e., solid personal statement and sample of previous or current work) to The Cyprus Institute Graduate School as per the judgement of the Scholarships Committee.
- Applicants will have an online interview with the Scholarships Committee (excluding the proposed primary supervisor(s)) to discuss the student’s application.
Benefits of The Cyprus Institute Scholarship:
- Tuition fees
- Living stipends
- Research Costs
Review and Selection Process:
The Admissions Committee reviews applications and makes its decision on the basis of the student’s academic merit and the match between the Institute’s research activities and the student’s research interests, that is, Cyprus Institute’s capacity to support the students’ Master’s research in terms of facilities, infrastructure and supervision.
Applicants may be asked for a personal interview. Students abroad will be interviewed through a video conference call.
Both Master’s and Ph.D programs have their required documents and they include;
For Master’s Programs;
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic Degrees and Official Transcripts. Students will have to upload their undergraduate degree (scan of actual degree diploma) and a copy of their official transcript
- English Language Proficiency Certificates. If your first language is not English, you must provide recent evidence that your spoken and written command of the English language is adequate for the program to which you are applying. Proof of English language proficiency may be demonstrated by submitting one of the following certificates (or equivalent as deemed by the Admissions Committee).
- IELTS Academic version: at least 6.5 (taken within the past 2 years
- TOEFL Internet-based Test: at least 79 (taken within the past 2 years)
- GCSE/IGCSE: Grade C or above (preferably with speaking)
4. Other Certificates. Applicants may upload up to 4 additional certificates that they feel are relevant in the Other Certificates section of the application (e.g. score reports of standardized tests such as the GRE, awards, prizes, certificates etc.)
5. Statement of Intent.
6. References. Applicants will be asked to provide the names of at least two references, they may be professors, supervisors, employers, or others able to comment on their academic performance and suitability for graduate studies.
For PhD Programs;
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic Degree Certificates and Transcripts. An official copy of the Master’s degree and official transcript(s) of past academic work and studies are required. The transcript(s) should include a detailed list of the courses/seminars taken along with the grades received in each course and a GPA. The Institute accepts Master’s degrees obtained from a recognized accredited institution. If an applicant has not completed a Master’s degree yet, a transcript(s) that list coursework and grades thus far, and expected date of completion of the Master’s degree, should be provided.
- English Language Proficiency certificates.
- GRE Score Report for General GRE test.
- Example of Written Work.
Read Also; Venkat Panchapakesan Scholarships
How to Apply for The Cyprus Institute Scholarship:
The Institute may occasionally choose to give priority in offering awards on the basis of strategic investment in case of specific initiatives or specific faculty members. The Cyprus Institute Graduate School reserves the right to not offer scholarships, if the applications received do not meet the eligibility requirements.
Scholarships will be based on availability of funds. Interested applicants should apply via the link provided below.