Heinrich Böll Foundation Scholarship provide students from all countries the chance to study in Germany for a year. Owing to the prestige and high ranking of the foundation, Heinrich Böll Foundation Scholarships are highly competive, hence, the bests of the Applicants will be selected. Applicants all over the world are eligible to apply for the scholarship either for their Master’s or Ph.D programs.
The foundation is now accepting applications for Masters and Ph.D. Scholarships in Germany. Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is offered for masters and PhD studies. The scholarship covers all academic expenses of the students during their studentship in any German University. So, if one of your educational goals is to study in Germany, here is an opportunity to actualize it with an added advantage of a free scholarship. You do not have to pay a dime for application. What are you waiting for? Apply today!
About Heinrich Böll Foundation:
Heinrich Böll is one of the most important and best-known writers of the Federal Republic of Germany. To give back to the community and promote literacy culture both in Germany and all over the world, a foundation was birthed in his name to aid students having financial difficulties around the world.
Funding: £1, 350 monthly.
Level: Master’s, Ph.D
Deadline: September 1, 2022.
Type of Study: Full Time
Host: Heinrich Böll Foundation
University: Any German University.
Number of Awardees: 1, 400.
Major Fields and Specialities:
- Accounting and Finance
- Human Sciences
- Science & Technology.
Eligibility of Heinrich Böll Foundation Scholarship:
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must;
- Have a proof of the Required level of German language (B2 odder DSH).
Posses excellent School grades and academic standing. If requested, first graded proofs of academic achievements.
- Be socially engaged and have interest in politics.
- Reckon with the goals of the Foundation.
- Be responsible, motivated, reliable individuals willing to play an active role in the Foundation’s work.
Selection Process and Criteria:
The Heinrich Böll International Scholarships selection process are under the following procedures;
- Applicants must submit their admission forms online.
- Interview with a Liaison Lecturer is required through skype or any other medium deployed by the foundation.
- Participation in a selection workshop in Berlin consisting of a one-to-one meeting and a group discussion.
- Age of applicants will not be a criteria in selecting winners.
Read Also; McGill University 2022 Scholarship
- The Heinrich Böll Foundation Scholarship benefits is a-two way coverage, one for the Master’s degree applicants and the other for the Ph.D degree applicants.
For Masters Studies:
- Non-european students; the monthly allowance is €850 per month plus various allowances. In some cases, tuition fees are possible in Germany.
- For European students, the amount varies, but a maximum of €649 per month plus €300 for book money; tuition fees are not possible in Germany but are possible to a limited extent in other countries.
- The scholarship covers the regular study period but may be extended by one semester.
For Ph.D. Studies:
- Students from outside the EU are entitled to a monthly allowance of €1,200 plus a €100 mobility allowance, plus various extra allowances; tuition fees are not possible.
- For students from the European Union: €1350 per month stipend plus €100 per month allowance for research costs.
- There are no tuition fees in Germany, but limited fees may be possible elsewhere.
- The scholarship is usually awarded for two years but can be extended twice by half a year at most.
- Application Form
- University Entrance Qualification or Equivalent
- A list of Study Certificates to date if you have already commenced your studies
- For foreign applicants for a scholarship to study for a master’s degree: Certified copy of your first-degree certificate
- Student enrolment certificate
- Written proof of German language proficiency. Minimum DSH 2 or Level B2
- A third-party reference on your social commitment
- An expert reference letter from a university or college lecturer.
How to Apply for Heinrich Böll Foundation Scholarship:
- The application process for the Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship 2021 is completely online, you need to fill out the application form that include your personal information along with the required documents.
- Application portal will be opened 6 weeks before the deadline, to apply, visit the apply link provided below.