Application for the University of British Columbia Fellowships 2023 is now open! Both Domestic and International Students are eligible for the Schmidt Science Fellowships. The University of British Columbia is one of the best 100 universities in the entire world to nominate international candidates.University of British Columbia Fellowships 2023 are looking for the glowing minds in the field of computer, natural sciences, engineering, and mathematics who are interested in expanding their knowledge.
Details of the University of British Columbia Fellowships 2023
- Funding: Stipend of $100,000
- Deadline: April 2023
- Country: Canada
- University: University of British Columbia
- Eligible Nationality: Open to all National and International students.
- Natural Sciences
Also Read: Oxford University Scholarships
- Canadian, Permanent Resident, and International candidate.
- Candidate must hold a graduate degree in Computing, Engineering, Natural Sciences (Earth Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, Astronomy, Biology including Neurobiology).
- Must complete a Ph.D. or expected to be completed between 1st June 2022 to 30 July 2023. ( Ph.D. has to be done from UBC).
- Must be available for the entire period from the July 2023- July 2024, including Global Meeting.
Benefits of the University of British Columbia Fellowships 2023
- Schmidt Science Fellows program will receive a stipend of $100,000 and are supported by the program to undertake a full-time, postdoctoral study for at least one year in a world-leading laboratory in a field different from their existing area of expertise.
- Fellows also spend five weeks during their Fellowship year at four residential meetings around the globe where they receive bespoke training to help them become the next generation of science leaders.
How to Apply:
A complete application will consist of the following:
- CV of the nominee, including publications (maximum three pages)
- Statement from the nominee (maximum one page), addressing the following two points:
- alignment with the Schmidt Fellows program – interest in pursuing a year or more of postdoctoral study in a field different from the topic of study for which the nominee received his/her doctorate
- Collaborative spirit – demonstrated history of effective collaboration with diverse team members.
- Proposal from the nominee (maximum two pages), addressing the following two points:
- potential postdoctoral research direction.
- Brief rationale for up to three potential postdoctoral Fellowship labs
- Note: Successful UBC nominees will be invited directly by the Schmidt Science Fellows program to submit a full application at a later date.
The last date of the University of British Columbia Fellowships 2023 is April 2023.