UNIL Master’s scholarship 2023 iis offered to international students who are interested to pursue their masters degree from University of Lausanne Switzerland for academic year 2023-2024. UNIL grants around ten scholarships a year.
UNIL masters scholarship 2023 is a scholarship for excellence awarded exclusively to students who have graduated from a foreign university and whose academic results are of a very high level. The UNIL Master’s Grants are offered to international students on a competitive basis by the University of Lausanne in Switzerland.
The UNIL campus is on the shore of Lake Geneva and offers a beautiful natural environment. The campus aims to be sustainable and you will find waste recycling bins throughout the site.
The campus is easily accessible by public transport from the centre of Lausanne (metro M1); the journey time to the city centre is around 10 minutes by metro.
When you arrive at UNIL, you will be given your student card (Campus Card), which you can use to print documents anywhere on campus but also to purchase food and drink in the various cafeterias. You will need to validate your card at one of the dedicated terminals and then top it up with cash at one of the other terminals. You will also be given your UNIL IT credentials.
Hence, Few students enrolled in Bachelor courses are invited to a welcome day on the Friday preceding the September academic year, during which they can become familiar with the various services at their disposal and student associations. They will receive an invitation a few weeks before the start of the academic year.
Importantly, International students who do not speak French and who are starting a Master program at UNIL masters scholarship 2023 are invited to a special English-language welcome session organized by the Social Affairs and Student Mobility office. (SASME). It is a very good opportunity for them to get to know their new university in a pleasant setting. These students also receive an invitation a few weeks before this event, which is held the week before the start of the academic year.
Finally, the UNIL offers each year a dozen Masters scholarship for international students who want to carry out a Master programme in one of its faculties. You will find more information about these grants under the page entitled “UNIL Master’s grants“.
Details of UNIL masters scholarship 2023:
- Level: masters
- Deadline: November 1,2022
- Funding: fully funded
- Eligible nationalities: open to all international students
- Type of study: full time and part time(varies) course-work
- Country: Switzerland
- University: University of Lausanne
- Field of study: various field of study: check below
Note: The University of Lausanne will offer 42 Master’s programmes in 2022. All programmes, with the exception of the MSc in Nursing Sciences and the MSc in Health Sciences, can be attended part-time.
Eligibility of UNIL masters scholarship 2023:
- To have obtained a foreign university degree considered equivalent to a bachelor at UNIL before the beginning of the masters programme at UNIL.
- To have distinguished yourself during your studies, especially through particularly brilliant academic results.
- To have a language level of at least B2 (according to the European Language Portfolio global scale) in French or at least C1 in English according to the language in which your chosen masters is taught.
- have not been registered with UNIL before
- To have paid the CHF 200.00 administration fee (see document, “list of documents to attach to your application”).
Benefits of UNIL masters scholarship 2023:
UNIL Scholarship 2023 offers the recipient with the following benefits:
- The scholarship is granted for the minimum statutory period of the programme chosen by the student. It amounts to CHF 1,600 per month from 15 September to 15 July (or 10 months a year) for the complete duration of the masters (one and a half years or two years depending on the chosen masters), with the exception of cases of definitive failure after the first year.
- Candidates are made aware of the fact that the sum of the scholarship awarded is not sufficient to live in Switzerland.
- With regard to this, they invite candidates to consult the following page about the reference budget of a student at UNIL here.
- Students offered a scholarship will be exempt from the fixed registration fees for the courses, with the exception of the CHF 80.00 fees to be paid each semester
Read also: Binghamton university scholarship 2022
How to Apply for UNIL masters scholarship 2023:
Candidates must send their completed application (refer to the document in the margin, “list of documents to attach to your application”), unbound, by post only to the following address:
Université de Lausanne
Service des affaires sociales et de la mobilité étudiante (SASME)
CH – 1015 Lausanne
The application form must be completed on a computer and duly signed by the candidate.
The application for the Masters scholarship also serves as an application for admission to your chosen masters (and therefore an application to register at UNIL).
The deadline for applications is 1 November to begin a masters degree during the following academic year, in the autumn semester or the spring semester if the programme allows.
Incomplete applications, particularly those lacking certified copies of the academic documents requested, will not be considered.
Documents required for UNIL masters scholarship 2023:
- A passport-sized photograph inserted in the application form (in JPEG format).
- The application form, duly completed and signed.
- A certified copy of your academic qualifications and of all the grade transcripts from all examinations taken at the university.
- A copy of your secondary school diploma. A certified/notarized translation of any diplomas not written in French, German, English or Italian is required.
- A copy of the programme description of the last semester of your bachelor degree, if the degree has not yet been obtained.
- A copy of your passport or identity card.
- A cover letter.
- A complete curriculum vitae.
- A copy of the official certificate of knowledge of the language in which the master is taught (TOEFL or IELTS for English and DALF or DELF for French). B2 is the minimum level required to follow the course.
- Two original letters of recommendation from the candidate’s lecturers, in sealed envelopes.
- Proof of payment of the CHF 200.00 administration fee (application processing fee)
Calendar of the selection process
- 1 November: application deadline
- November-December: Processing of applications by the Social Affairs and Student Mobility Office (SASME) and the Admissions department (SII)
- December-January: The SASME informs candidates whose application is incomplete or has not been accepted by the admissions department that their application for the scholarship has been unsuccessful.
- January-February: Complete applications are transferred to the faculties for consideration of their eligibility for the chosen masters degrees.
- February-March: The SASME informs candidates whose application has not been accepted by the faculty.
- March: The selection board for masters scholarships selects the candidates who will be offered a masters scholarship.
- Early April: candidates are informed of the selection board’s decision.
Deadline of the scholarship: The deadline for the UNIL scholarship 2023 is November 1,2022.