GIST International Scholarship 2023 in South Korea is now open to international students from all over the universe. The GIST Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship program that will cover all the cost of the selected Candidates. GIST offers a unique opportunity to acquire education and experience in one of the most technically advanced countries in the world.
In essence, The GIST campus is situated at the = hub of South Korea’s “Silicon Valley”, surrounded by hi-tech companies, as well as research institutes, and venture capitalists. GIST students have admittance to state-of-the-art facilities and resources, enabling them to undertake their studies in an environment that is at the front position of global technology.
GIST provides a strong and supportive community for its students, with plenty opportunities for leadership and personal development. Indeed! If you are looking for a stimulating and elevating educational experience, then GIST International Scholarships in South Korea is the perfect opportunity for you!
The GIST Fully-Funded Scholarship Program is a corporation between GIST and the South Korean Ministry of Science and Technology aimed at inviting talented international students from all over the world and providing them with the chance to study in South Korea.
However, GIST is one of the top science and technology universities in Korea and is ranked among the top universities in the world. The GIST International Scholarship program is a great opportunity for talented international students to undertake their studies at GIST.
The GIST International Scholarships is highly inexpensive and only the best and most deserving applicants will be selected for the scholarships. There is a large amount of programs available at GIST Scholarship in electrical & computer engineering, materials science & engineering, mechanical engineering, including earth sciences & environmental engineering, as well as life sciences, physics, photonics, chemistry, biomedical sciences, nanomaterials & integrated technology.
GIST, the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, is a world-class research university located in South Korea. Established in 1993, The university has rapidly become known for its wide research and academic excellence. The university offers an extensive range of undergraduate and graduate programs in fields such as engineering, science, and technology. With state-of-the-art facilities and a strong assurance to research, GIST is playing a top role in transforming South Korea into a global innovation hub. In addition to its world-class research, GIST is also known for its beautiful campus and animated student life. Situated in the picturesque city of Gwangju, GIST provides students with an ideal atmosphere for studying and living. With its cutting-edge research and outstanding facilities, GIST is dignified to become one of the world’s top universities.
Details of GIST international scholarship 2023:
- Level: Masters and PhD
- Deadline:October 15,2022.
- Funding: 3,415,000 won per semester
- Eligible nationalities: open to international students
- Type of study: full time study
- Country: South Korea
- University: Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology
- Field of study: various field of study (check below)
- School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Life Science
- Department of Physics and Photon Science
- Department of Biomedical Science and Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence Graduate School
- Department of Chemistry
- School of Integrated Technology
- School of Materials Science and Engineering
- School of Earth Sciences and Environmental Engineering
Eligibility of GIST international scholarship 2023:
- All international students are eligible to apply for the GIST Scholarship 2022-2023.
- Aspirants applying for the Masters program must hold a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree.
- Contenders applying for the Ph.D. program must hold a master’s or equivalent degree
- Must demonstrate financial need and be willing to commit to working full-time for two years at a US-based company in the field of your choice.
Benefits of GIST international scholarship 2023:
- Exemption of tuition fee as well as 3,415,000 won per semester.
- Meal allowance: nearly 100,000 won per month
- M.S. students: 140,000 won per month
- PhD students: 295,000 won per month
- Health Insurance
- Airfare grants
- Research assistantship will be provided to those students who participate in research projects
How to apply for GIST international scholarship 2023:
- Scholarship applications for the GIST South Korea program must be submitted online.
- GIST online applications need to be filled out carefully by all candidates to be successful.
- Applicants must attach copies of all required documents.
- You will receive notification once your application has been evaluated and confirmed by the International Admissions Coordinator.
- Following notification, you must further complete the enrollment process by submitting the required documents in hard copies and by paying the Matriculation Fee. (Please note that students with financial difficulties can waive the matriculation fee).
Documents required for GIST international scholarship 2023:
- Statement on Application Documents Submission (Form1)
- Official transcripts & certificates.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- English proficiency test( IELTS )
- Candidate Passport Copy
Deadline of the GIST international scholarship 2023: The deadline for GIST international scholarship 2023 is October 15,2022.
How a scholarship can help you achieve your goal
To start with, various students use financial assistance to help them pursue higher-level education. School can be costly, and earning a scholarship can help offset the payments of both in-class requirements and living expenses. Overall, getting a scholarship can make education more accessible to more people.
However, There are many areas where scholarships can benefit your life in and out of the classroom, which also includes:
Higher-education can be expensive. Many students leave school with a degree and some level of student loan debt. Those in fields like medicine or law may incur the most. Earning a scholarship can help lower or eliminate the amount of money owed to the government or a private lender following graduation. With fewer bills, you can spend more time focusing on finding a career that suits you rather than taking the first available job to pay back your loans.
Like other types of financial aid, issuing institutions may earmark scholarships for certain types of expenses, such as tuition, housing or educational materials. Having scholarships that cover one or multiple uses may help reduce the risk of dropping out, taking fewer credits or delaying education. This may be because students aren’t required to work additional jobs to pay for their necessities. Without the extra responsibilities, they have more time to focus on studying and learning.
Having a scholarship may make your overall education experience more relaxed and flexible. If you need less money, you may spend more time exploring hobbies and other interests that could lead you toward new career pursuits. If your scholarships require you to take part in activities like sports or societies, it may help you meet new people or encounter career opportunities you wouldn’t have otherwise.
Earning a merit-based scholarship is something you can add to the awards or achievements section of your resume. Similar to competing for an open position, there may be competition to win certain scholarships. The ability to not only apply to certain scholarships but also win them can show off your academic, athletic, artistic or other skills and dedication to pursuing ways to better yourself and your future.