GRE scholarships in Canada. GRE general test is a computer adaptive test it is one of the admission requirements for graduates who are willing to study in Canada and the United States and in some other countries. GRE is administered and owned by Educational Testing Service. The GRE is used in measuring quantitative reasoning, verbal reasoning, analytical writing skills and critical thinking. It plays a compulsory role in the process of admission for professionals and graduate programs, in the world including both Law and Business.
The GRE is used in measuring skills that professional and graduate programs have been used in identifying ones success at the graduate level. The GRE test is administered and developed by the ETS in facilitating a common platform for all applicants or educational testing service
Assuming you have a nice GRE score for a Canada scholarship then you are lucky. Canada is one of the best place for pursuing one’s education and everyone would surly love to study from a university there. And this is because there is low tuition fee, low cost of living, more job opportunities, scholarships and co-program and so on. If you are very interested in studying in Canada here is some list of scholarships that are provided by the universities, Canada government and so on, that will be considering your GRE test.
GRE scholarships in Canada
These are the lists of the Canadian scholarships which are provided by:
- University’s Scholarship
- Canadian government
- Non-governmental Scholarship
1. University’s Scholarship: Below are the lists of the scholarships provided by the Canadian Universities to international and domestic students:
- York University: The scholarship offers scholarship to undergraduate students who are of its international student program.
- Simon Fraser University Financial Aid and Awards: Lots of scholarship are awarded to both international students and domestic students.
- HEC Montreal: This scholarship provides scholarship to the meritorious students and also to students who are in need, this scholarship is available for international students.
- Western University International President’s Entrance Scholarships: This scholarship is opened for international students who are interested in studying at the university.
- Concordia University: The scholarship awards scholarships to international undergraduate students, it offers admission to undergraduate students at the Concordia University.
- UBC International Leader of Tomorrow Award: The scholarship is awarded to students who portray excellent academic achievement and demonstrate leadership to those who are entitled to merit-based scholarship when they applying at the university.
- Quest University Canada: This is for international students who can avail scholarships which ranges from CAD 2000 to full tuition.
- The University of Saskatchewan: The scholarship is merit-based to international students who are looking to study the undergraduate programs.
- University of Toronto Ontario Graduate Scholarship: This scholarship is opened to both international and national students who are looking to study at the graduate programs at the university.
- Dalhousie University Scholarships: This scholarship is given to international students who are studying at the university.
- Queen’s University: The scholarship is awarded to international students in which the scholarship is exclusively opened to students from Pakistan, India and US. The scholarship also has several scholarships opened to international students.
- Humber College Canada: It offers international students scholarship program, It offers various international scholarship to students looking to study at the undergraduate level programs in the university.
- University of Calgary International Scholarships: The scholarship options and awarded by range between CA $500 to CA $60000 for the international students who intended to study at the University of Calgary.
- University of Waterloo: The scholarship is available for doctoral-level or the Master’s international students at the university through the international funding program.
- Fairleigh Dickinson Scholarships for International Students: This scholarship is awarded to international students.
- McGill University Scholarship and Student Aid: The scholarship offers two major scholarship programs which are applicable to the international students who have enrolled to the postdoctoral and graduate studies.
- University of Manitoba: The scholarship is opened to international students
- University Of Alberta International Scholarships: The scholarship ranges is available to both graduate-level study and undergraduate level study at the University of Alberta.
- Carleton University Awards for International Students: The scholarship is opened to the graduate students of Carleton University.
- UBC Graduate Scholarships: The scholarship is awarded to both PhD students and masters at UBC.
2. Canadian University: The Canadian government helps in providing scholarship for international students, who have good score in their GRE to help in funding their studies. Different schools offers admission in MS programs and doctorate, in which the government helps in providing of scholarship for those who are GRE eligible applicants.
Some Canadian government based scholarships are:
- Canada graduate scholarships – MS program
- Organization of American States (OAS)
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships Program
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
- IDRC Research Awards
- NSERC Postgraduate Scholarship
There are also some non-governmental organization that offers admission by GRE-based eligibility for international students. Most of these scholarship does not only provide one with financial aid but it sometimes also covers accommodation costs, stipends, airfares and also tuition fees.
3. Non-Governmental Scholarship: The Non-government organisations helps in providing scholarships for applicants who are interested and looking for scholarships in the postgraduate programs and doctoral programs across the universities in Canada. Some of the Non-governmental scholarships in Canada:
- Anne Vallee Ecological Fund
- Surf Shark Privacy and Security Scholarship
- Canada Memorial Scholarship
- Trudeau Scholarships and Fellowships.
Top universities also provide scholarships apart from the governmental and non-government organization use in supporting applicants in supporting their studies.
GRE-Based Scholarships Offered by the Canadian Universities
Theses universities provide GRE scholarships for international students who have good GRE scores.
Some of the schools whose eligibility is based on GRE are:
- York University
- University of Manitoba
- HEC Montreal
- University Of Toronto Ontario Graduate Scholarship
- McGill University Scholarships and Student Aid
- UBC Graduate Scholarships
- The Western University International President’s Entrance Scholarships, Queen’s University
- Carleton University Awards for International Students
- Concordia University
- The University of Saskatchewan
- Humber College
- The University of Waterloo
- Dalhousie University Scholarships
- The University of Alberta International Scholarships
- Fairleigh Dickinson Scholarships For International Students
- The University Of Calgary International Scholarships
- Quest University
- UBC International Leader of Tomorrow award
- The Simon Fraser University Financial Aid and Award