NZ-GRADS doctorate scholarship (PhD) is offered to science students from developing countries to have the opportunity of studying their PhD programs at a New Zealand university.
The Global Research Alliance on Agricultural Greenhouse Gases (GRA) offers a wide range of capability building and research programs through various partners within New Zealand and internationally. NZ-GRADS awardees will be actively supported through various extension and networking events that the GRA hosts in New Zealand. ENZ is a New Zealand’s government agency for building and promoting international education.
New Zealand Global Research Alliance Doctoral Scholarships (NZ-GRADS) in support of the Global Research Alliance on Agricultural Greenhouse Gases (GRA), is pleased to offer a PhD scholarship for students from developing countries.
This scholarship offers the possibility for students from developing countries to visit New Zealand to work on research projects related to agricultural greenhouse gas mitigation.
The body promotes New Zealand as a study destination and support the delivery of education services offshore. They also administer scholarships to support New Zealanders studying overseas particularly in Asia and Latin America.
- Funding: Full Funding
- Level: Ph.D
- Deadline: 30, September 2022, 11:59 PM (NZT Time Zone)
- Type of Study: Full Time
- Country: New Zealand
- University: Any University in New Zealand.
- Nationality: Students from developing countries.
Field of Study of NZ-GRADS Doctorate Scholarship:
This edition of the NZ-GRADS doctorate scholarship, there will be four PhD projects, aligned with New Zealand priorities on agricultural greenhouse gas emissions. You will have to select one of the four PhD projects available that interests you. They are as follows;
- Assessing soil carbon changes associated with land management and land use change.
- Long-term soil phosphorus fertilizer implications for soil nitrogen cycling and Greenhouse Gas emission.
- Plant and plant/microbiome traits impacting N2O emissions from soil.
- Climate Neutral Farms (ClieNFarms).
Eligibility of NZ-GRADS Doctorate Scholarship:
Please note that these criteria are non-negotiable;
- Your PhD study must be conducted in New Zealand and not from any other outside location.
- You cannot hold citizenship or permanent residency status in New Zealand or Australia
- As an applicant, you must be a citizen of a developing country.
- You are limited to apply to only one of the available projects.
Check Also; University of Wollongong Scholarship in Dubai
Selected students will receive the following;
- Full Tuition fee
- Housing/Accommodation expenses
- Thesis stipends.
- Doctorate Research funding
Applicants must possess some documents for the course of registration and they must be uploaded to the application portal. They are given below;
- Evidence of citizenship for every country for which you hold its citizenship.
- Academic transcripts, grading scale and certificate of completion.
- A Motivation letter (One page) explaining why you would be the best candidate for the selected project.
- A CV ( must not exceed two pages).
- You will also need to provide the names and emails of two academic referees.
How to Apply for NZ-GRADS Doctorate Scholarship:
For interested candidates, the admission to the NZ-GRADS program is conditional to the following which you must follow;
- Successful candidates will have to apply for a PhD program from the university associated to the selected PhD project and must fulfil the admission requirements.
- All applications must be completed and submitted by 30th of September, 2022, 11:59 pm (New Zealand time) exclusively through the NZ-GRADS application portal.
- To ensure swift and smooth processing of the application documents, all attachments are required to be uploaded in the application portal in the form of PDF files only.
- To apply, visit the application portal via the link below;