Leading SAFe® Certification Training; How to get started!
Large businesses benefit from the accelerated project delivery and shorter time-to-market provided by the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). SAFe® certified personnel continue to be in high demand. A trustworthy way to evaluate the knowledge, frame of mind, and abilities needed to manage complicated projects with more flexibility is through SAFe® certification training.
There are different SAFe® certification training levels, including basic, moderate or intermediate, and advanced levels, each of which is tailored to a certain purpose.
What is SAFe®?
For applying agile principles at an enterprise scale, there is a set of organizational and workflow patterns called the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®). A body of knowledge known as the framework provides systematic direction on roles and responsibilities, how to organize and manage the work, and values to uphold.
SAFe encourages coordination, cooperation, and delivery among numerous agile teams. It was built on the principles of three main bodies of knowledge:
- Systems thinking
- Lean product development
- Agile software development.
Advantages of SAFe® Certification Training
1) ADDRESS THE DIFFICULTIES IN ADOPTING AGILE
Agile may be implemented quite easily in small firms with only one or two teams. When you attempt to recreate the same success at the enterprise level, a problem occurs. This is due to the fact that agile methods and procedures utilized by small teams are not well adapted to scaling at the corporate level.
You can synchronize many development teams, accomplish IT collaboration while working with other departments, and yet provide value to customers while staying in line with company goals and vision thanks to the skills you learn through SAFe® certification training.
2) LESS FAILURES, DELAYS, AND IMPEDIMENTS DURING SAFE IMPLEMENTATION
Many teams and business divisions currently employ agile internally in major firms. But when you combine them, failures and challenges appear that, if not dealt with quickly, rapidly spiral out of control. Your SAFe® certification training has given you the necessary skills to establish an enterprise-wide agile strategy.
Your teams won’t have conflicting or out-of-synch agile methods any longer as you can help them embrace a unified strategy that will improve product quality and architecture.
3) RECOGNIZE THE CHANGING ROLES IN AN AGILE SETTING.
You will need to develop new roles and modify old ones if you want to scale agile at the enterprise level. Challenges will develop if you do not understand what new roles need to be created, which ones need to be modified, and how to change them.
SAFe® certification training courses give you knowledge of management abilities that will assist current and new team members in adopting the new agile mentality and practices, helping you to avoid these difficulties and prevent apprehension regarding the potential of existing roles throughout the entire organization.
4) RELIABILITY AT ALL SCALES
Without the right training, deploying agile across your organization can be tough since it becomes difficult to maintain consistency across many departments. Learning the abilities to create and sustain consistent enterprise-wide strategy is the core focus of the SAFe® certification training.
After completing the program, you will be equipped with the knowledge necessary to comprehend the procedures and guidelines that must be followed in order to align various departments with a single plan.
You gain the ability to effectively convey your approach at the program and portfolio levels thanks to SAFe® certification training. SAFe® is the framework that enables you to continuously apply Lean throughout the enterprise.
These are the justifications for why investing on a SAFe® certification training is worthwhile. You get an understanding of the critical roles, responsibilities, procedures, and metrics that enable you to successfully coordinate several agile development teams.
Frequently Asked Questions on SAFe® Training
Does SAFe® Certification Training Worth it?
More than you might expect, a Leading SAFe Certification has many benefits. Given the countless advantages it has for one's profession, this qualification is priceless. You will have a solid knowledge base to successfully guide the lean-agile transition in your company as a result.
How Difficult is a SAFe® Certification Training?
The SAFe Agilist test is challenging and difficult to pass, yet passing the exam is not impossible.
What is the Passing Grade for SAFe® Training?
The passing mark is 71%. To pass, you must get 32 of the 45 questions right. The exam is closed-book in format.
SAFe® Certification Training Principles
SAFe® is based on nine fundamental tenets that were drawn from existing lean and agile tenets:
- To provide the finest quality and value while allowing for the ideal lead time, use an economic perspective.
- Adopt a systems thinking approach in all areas of growth.
- Pretend market and technical variability by promoting innovation and retaining options.
- Build gradually, utilizing quick, integrated learning cycles that let customers provide input and lower risks.
- To ensure there is an economic advantage, base milestones on objective estimation and evaluation of functioning systems.
- To support continuous flow, keep the quantity of work in process to a minimum, reduce batch sizes, and control queue lengths.
- To identify commercial possibilities, use cadence (timing), synchronize with cross-domain formation, and leave room for necessary corrective action.
- Make knowledge employees more intrinsically motivated to realize their full potential.
- Decentralize decision-making to improve its effectiveness and agility.
The list of SAFe® certification training that can help you launch your SAFe® career in a whole new path is provided below.
Leading SAFe® Certification Training
You need to select a SAFe® certification training that will point you in the proper way based on your position within the organization, the needs of the organization, and finding holes in the current processes.
But you must first make sure you are eligible and satisfy all the requirements for the SAFe® certification training course you have chosen. Once you have satisfied the prerequisites, you should begin preparing by identifying your objectives, carefully going through the study materials, and taking practice exams.
There are several SAFe® certification training available. Some are great for managers, coaches, and senior professionals, while others are best for engineers, architects, and managers. Find yours below:
1. SAFe® AGILIST 5.1
Product managers, scrum masters, release train engineers, team leads, and other professionals who want to be a part of the Agile transformation are eligible for the SAFe® Agilist 5.1 certification. The course includes:
- Scaling Lean and Agile Practices Using SAFe®
- Cultivate a lean, agile attitude.
- Establishing a strategy to outperform the competition
- Agile Release Trains (ARTs) execution for ongoing development
- Create a lean, agile portfolio.
A candidate must have at least five years of professional experience in software development, testing, analysis, and product management, as well as a working knowledge of Scrum, to be eligible to become a SAFe® Agilist.
2. PRODUCT OWNER PRODUCT MANAGER (POPM) IN SAFe®
Project managers, Scrum masters, release train engineers, chief technical officers, product development managers, and other SAFe professionals who work closely with the development teams in large businesses are encouraged to earn this SAFe® POPM certification. The following skills should be possessed by the candidates:
- Employ Lean-Agile principles and SAFe® principles.
- Recognize and identify the objectives and needs of the consumer
- Based on client feedback, give delivery of high-quality products a priority.
- Candidates should have previous knowledge of Lean and Agile principles.
3. SAFe® LEAN PORTFOLIO MANAGER
Business managers, agile coaches, trainers, and other senior SAFe professionals who are involved in strategy development and investments are the best candidates for this SAFe® LPM certification. The course’s topics include a variety of:
- Establishing a Lean portfolio vision and using it for Lean portfolio management
- Implementing Lean budgeting through Lean governance
- Linking Lean portfolio operations with organizational strategy
- Develop value streams, and monitor results
Candidates should have working knowledge of SAFe and prior knowledge of value streams, portfolio management, and fundamental agile concepts.
4. SAFe® SCRUM MASTER (SSM)
Team leads, architects, engineers, developers, quality managers, and other anyone working to apply Scrum techniques in a company may consider taking this SAFe® SSM certification course. In this course, you learn:
- To implement team events using Scrum and Kanban
- Guiding agile teams
- Finding and fixing issues will improve team management.
- Enhance the workflow pattern and produce more value
- Using modern coaching methods and cutting-edge problem-solving strategies, to continuously improve current procedures.
How to Ace the SAFe® Certification Training
The following are the proven ways to succeed in your SAFe® certification training:
1. WORK HISTORY
Five years of prior experience working on IT projects, mostly in the agile sector, is a requirement for the SAFe® certification training. To comprehend and use them in the exam, you must have practical experience. Although the questions are MCQs, they are scenario-based, thus in order to pass the test, you’ll need experience in the field.
2. STUDY RESOURCES
We agree that experience is useful, but in order to fully grasp what must be covered from the perspective of the examination, it is necessary to have the necessary resources in hand. The necessary book material must be planned for and purchased, either online or via a bookstore.
You can learn the information needed for the SAFe® Agilist test when you join the 150,000+ SAFe® communities that have already completed the exam. With the right information, you can plan and get ready for the SAFe® certification training exam with the aid of these communities.
Collecting information in paper copy and online will not improve your preparation; instead, you must find the suitable mentor to help you. A mentor who has already passed the test can advise you on how to apply your knowledge to practical activities.
4. REPUTABLE INSTITUTIONS
Due to a shortage of time, finding a mentor and utilizing their assistance is becoming increasingly difficult. You must therefore maintain your resolve and select the best college to train you and prepare your thoughts for passing SAFe® certification training examinations.
SAFe® certification training is a comprehensive framework for scaling up Agile, Scrum, and Kanban methods. A trained trainer with experience in comprehending SAFe® values and functions is required for adequate training in order to become a SAFe® expert.
YOU CAN ALSO CHECK:
- 20 Best Military Schools for Boys – 2022 US School Rankings
- 20 Best Military Schools for Boys – 2022 US School Rankings
- 8 Tips for Writing Good College Essays