Are you good at solving Mathematical problems? If you are, here is an opportunity for you to earn with that prowess. International Math Youth Challenge 2022 is on for application by young and talented youths. The International Youth Math Challenge ranks as one of the biggest online math competition for students from all around the world: Unleash your potentials and mathematical skills to win awards and cash prizes worth over $700.
About International Math Youth Challenge:
IYMC offers you the outstanding opportunity to unleash your math skills and to apply them to challenging problems. Participants will receive certificates, awards, cash prizes and global recognition. The competition has 3 rounds and they are as follow;
- Qualification Round: The qualification round consists of five math problems. In order to qualify for the pre-final round, you need to solve at least three (under 18) to four (over 18) of the problems correctly. You can submit your solutions online until 16. October 2022. Certificates will be given to all participants.
- Pre-Final Round: Successful participants can register for the pre-final round in October. You have four days to solve 10 problems of the pre-final round.
- Final Round: Successful finalists can participate in the final round. You will take an online exam supervised by your teacher.
- Funding: $700
- Level: All
- Deadline: October 16, 2022.
- Mode of Entry: Online
- Subject: Mathematics
- Nationality: International
Eligibility of International Math Youth Challenge 2022:
To be considered for the competition, you must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must have to be a high-school or university student
- Depending on your age (over 18 years or under 18 years) you will have to solve more problems to qualify for the next round
- Students from all grades and all countries are invited to participate
- To solve the problems you should be smart, open-minded, and creative
- You should have a working internet connection to submit your solution online
- All participants receive participation certificates.
- The best students receive the 1st prize, 2nd prize, and 3rd prize with a cash prize of respectively $150 USD, $100 USD, and $50 USD (in both age categories).
- A successful participation allows you to join the IYMC network: You will get the rare chance to connect and exchange with outstanding, similar-minded, and inspiring students worldwide.
- Winners and motivated students are encouraged to become official IYMC ambassadors with the aim to inspire students and to encourage them to engage in math and to participate in IYMC.
- All participants that use professional computer programs (e.g. TeX) to write down their solutions receive a special honorary note on their certificates since this skill is important for the future career.
- Special School Awards;
Schools and teachers with many participants and an excellent performance throughout the competition receive special awards. The awards are not connected to a cash prize but are supposed to honor the efforts of the schools and of the individual teachers
Read Also; How to be good in Maths
How to Apply:
- Clearly mark your final solutions (e.g. underlining, red color, box).
- The solution file may be typed digitally or it may be a clear picture of your handwritten notes. Digitally typed solutions receive a special honorary note on the certificates!
- You can upload one single file. If you have multiple pictures, compress them into one single file.
- You can upload PDF and image (jpg, jpeg, png) files. No other formats will be accepted (e.g. ZIP or Word files)!
- The file size has to be below 10 MB otherwise it will be rejected.
- Make sure that you write your name and birth correctly. It will be used for all certificates!
Further Procedure; After you have submitted your solution via the submission form, you can log into your status page. This status page allows you to do the following;
- check your status and to check your uploaded solutions.
- view your results and performance reports of each round.
- download/access all your certificates.
- upload solutions for the pre-final round.
- view your personal information and more.
Please Note; you may not receive Emails properly, so you are advised to check your spam folder. Do check your status page in all rounds. Your results, certificates, and important information will be posted via your status page!