The Dublin Business School PhD Scholarship is open to applicants who will register in Year 1 of the full-time PhD program in DCU Business School for the 2022/2023 academic year in Ireland.
Dublin Business School PhD programs combines scholarly theory-building with a strong applied focus. Research scholars work under the supervision of academic experts and are an important part of DCU Business School’s vibrant research community. The scholarship offers the successful students to undertake research in one of the following academic field:
- Work, Psychology & Strategy
- Enterprise & Innovation
- Financial & Operational Performance
About Dublin Business School:
DCU Business School is internationally accredited by AACSB and AMBA. This means the Institution has undertaken a rigorous process to demonstrate that it meets the highest standards in teaching, research and student support. Students go to DCU Business School knowing that the school has met the highest of international standards that mark its quality and luckily, as a successful student, you can begin your career with a firm educational footing that sets you apart. Dublin Business School programs rank in the Financial Times and QS rankings and the School also ranks in the top 90 European Business Schools by the Financial Times.
- Funding: Full Funding
- Level: PhD
- Deadline: August 15, 2022
- Type of Study: Full Time
- Country: Ireland
- Institution: Dublin Business School
- Nationality: International
Eligibility of Dublin Business School PhD Scholarship:
Successful applicants are required to meet the PhD eligibility criteria of DCU. They will normally hold a honor in master’s degree (taught or by research). Students in the final year of a master’s degree may apply. The following criteria must be met;
- Applicants must have the support of a DCU Business School academic supervisor. Potential supervisors can be identified from the DCU Business School website.
- The DCU Business School Scholarship will only be awarded for full-time PhD study based at DCU for the period of the award. Successful applicants will register in year 1 during the academic year 2022/2023.
- Applicants should indicate if they have any additional stipend or alternative external sources of funding. DCU Business School scholars on an annual stipend of €18,500 cannot normally be in receipt of a concurrent scholarship or educational grant greater than €4,000 per annum during the period of their scholarship.
- The award will commence on 1st November 2022. Please note that international applicants intending to travel to Ireland must meet the visa requirements for Ireland prior to the commencement of a scholarship. International applicants will not be able to receive scholarship payments until they have arrived in Ireland and set up a bank account and applied for a PPS number.
- Selected students will be required to engage in, on average, six hours of relevant academic service per week. This service may take the form of tutorials, lectures, grading, research assistance or other relevant activities deemed appropriate to the scholar’s personal and professional development.
The selected students will receive the benefits of;
- A scholarship with an annual stipend of €18,500 per annum (for a maximum of four years).
- Payment of PhD fees (for a maximum of four years).
- Up to €5,000 to support research activity (over the four year period).
Submission and Deadline Dates:
- Application opens on Monday 13th June 2022
- All applications must be received, in full, by 12 mid-day GMT on Monday 15th August 2022.
- Candidates will be notified of the outcome by Thursday 8th September 2022.
- Interviews will be held during the week of Monday 19th September 2022.
How to Apply:
To apply, applicants are to read through the application form details and follow the prompts. To get these details, click on the link below.
For more PhD scholarships, check HERE.