Bihar Post Matric Scholarships for Indian Students 2022 is a program to award scholarships to meritorious students belonging to economically weaker sections of minority community so as to provide them better opportunities for higher education.
Details of Bihar Post Matric Scholarships
Level: secondary school/college/university
Application deadline: 22nd January
Conditions for Bihar Post Matric scholarships
- Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs.2.00 lakh. Students from BPL families, having the lowest income shall be given preference in the ascending order. The renewal applications would be fully exhausted before the new applications are considered.
- The award will be discontinued if a student fails to secure 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination. Scholarship will not be awarded for more than the normal period of time taken to obtain Certificate/ Degree/M. Phil Degree/ Doctorate Degree.
Scholarships will not be given to more than two students in a family.
- The students should be regular in attendance for which the yardstick will be decided by the competent authority of the school/college/university.
Migration of students from one school/institute to another is not allowed for renewal applicants during the period of academic course.
If a student violates any other term and condition of the scholarship, the scholarship may be suspended or cancelled.
- The State Government/Union Territory Administration can also directly cancel the award if duly satisfied of the reasons of violation of these regulations governing the scheme.
- If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statement/certificates, his/her scholarship will be cancelled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid shall be recovered, at the discretion of the concerned State Government/Union Territory Administration.
- Course fee/tuition fee and maintenance allowance will be credited directly to the students’ bank account
- The State Government/Union Territory Administration will maintain a separate account and records relating to the funds received from the Ministry and they will be subjected to inspection by the officers of the Ministry or any other agency designated by the Ministry.
- The student obtaining benefits under this scholarship scheme shall not be allowed to avail of benefits under any other scholarship scheme implemented by State Government/UT Administration, for the same purpose.
- The State Government/Union Territory Administration shall constitute a committee of the departments implementing such scholarship schemes to ensure that the students from the minority community, who may also belong to SC/ST/OBC category, does not avail scholarship from other sources for the same purpose and avail only from one source.
- The State/Union Territory shall place all relevant details of financial and physical achievements on their website.
- The regulations can be changed at any time at the discretion of the Government of India
It will be necessary for the eligible applicants to provide Aadhaar number while applying for the scholarsh ip and in case, an individual does not possess Aadhaar one can provide the details of alternative identification documents, as stated in the Gazette Notification – S.O. No. 1284 (E) No. 1137, dated 21.04.2017.
- Students who have entered Aadhaar in their online application correctly and Aadhaar seeded with any of their bank account, in such cases the amount of scholarship will be credited to Aadhaar seeded bank account only (though student has mentioned any other non-seeded bank account in online application).
Renewal of scholarship
The scholarship, once awarded, may be renewed during the next academic year of the course on the production of certificate that the student has secured 50% marks in the examination.
Eligibility for Bihar Post Matric Scholarships
Students belonging to Muslim/ Christian/Sikh/ Buddhist/ Jain / Parsi are eligible.
Students who have secured 50% and above marks in previous final examination.
The annual income of his/her parents/guardians from all sources not exceeding Rs. 2 Lakhs.
Both Day scholar and hostellers are eligible to apply.
Student Photo. (Mandatory)
Institution Verification Form. (Mandatory)
An Income Certificate, issued from a Competent Authority in the State/UT Governments is required in respect of parent/guardian of the student.
A Self-Certified Community Certificate is required from the student who has attained 18 years of age. For others the Community Certificate certified by parent/guardian of the student is required.
In case of Fresh: Self Attested Certificate of ‘Previous Academic Mark sheet’ as filled in Form. (Mandatory) .
In case of Renewal: Self – Attested Certificate of Previous Year Marksheet as filled in the Form. (Mandatory) .
Fee Receipt of current course year. (Mandatory) .
Proof of Bank Account in the name of student. (Mandatory)
Resident / Domicile Certificate. (Mandatory)
For application, visit this link