Do you intend to work as a massage therapist? Then you want to look at the best schools for massage therapy in the world. The need for massage therapists is rising along with the demand for massage therapy. In fact, massage therapists are among the greatest healthcare support professions, according to U.S. News & World Report.
This article includes a list of the best schools for massage therapy worldwide that grant reputable, accredited massage therapy degrees.
What is Massage Therapy?
Let’s briefly discuss the program before listing the best schools for massage therapy in the world.
How does Massage Therapy work?
Massage therapy is the manipulation of the body’s soft tissues utilizing various forces, motions, and methods.
The advantages of Message therapy
- Massage treatment can be used to recover from sports injuries, decrease pain, boost relaxation, and reduce anxiety and depression.
- Medical specialists also advise message treatment for patients who have cancer, heart illness, or stomach issues.
Massage Therapy Careers
The field of massage therapy offers a wide variety of job options. Jobs for certified massage therapists are available in;
- Massage therapists
- Rehabilitative facilities
- Resorts and inns
- Health facilities
- Work independently or in fitness facilities.
Duration of the Program:
- Depending on the kind of school you choose to enroll in, the length of your massage therapy education will vary. The curriculum lasts anywhere from six months to 24 months.
- While degree programs can take one year or over two years to complete, diploma programs can be completed in as little as six months.
Requirements for Enrollment in the Best Schools for Massage Therapy
Before enrolling in a message therapy program, you must have finished your secondary schooling. The majority of the top schools for message therapy also do not accept students who are less than 18 years old.
List of the World’s Best Schools for Massage Therapy
The best schools for massage therapy worldwide are listed below:
- American Holistic Institute
- Southwest College of Healing Arts
- National University of Health Sciences
- Colorado School of Healing Arts
- Canadian College of Hydrotherapy and Massage
- College of Massage Therapy in the Okanagan Valley
- College of Health Professions in New York
- Massage Therapy Program at Miami Dade
- College Center for Natural Wellness
- Hollywood Institute of Beauty Careers
- Northwestern Health Sciences University
- Myotherapy College of Utah
- London School of Massage
- Cortiva Institute
- ICT Massage Schools.
15 Best Schools for Massage Therapy for 2022
Let’s briefly assess the 15 best schools for massage therapy in the world.
Established in 1979, National Holistic Institute is one of the oldest and best schools for massage therapy in California, USA. In California, the Institute maintains ten campuses. The NHI offers advanced neuromuscular therapy programs, comprehensive massage therapy training programs, and massage therapy continuing education courses.
Students at the National Holistic Institute have access to a clinic where they can learn a lot about the massage therapy program.
NHI has received national accreditation from the U.S. Department of Education-recognized Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training (ACCET).
2. Southwest Institute of Healing Arts
In Tempe, Arizona, the Southwest Institute of Healing Arts offers excellent, cost-effective training in the healing arts. There are several massage programs offered by SWIHA that can be finished in between 750 and 1000 hours. Additionally, it offers ongoing training in integrative medicine.
Southwest Institute of Healing Arts is evidently among the best schools for massage therapy. The institution is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training (ACCET) and approved by U.S Department of Education. The National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork also acknowledges SIHA (NCBTMB).
3. Colorado School of Healing Arts
One of the best schools for massage therapy is Colorado School of Healing Arts, which was founded in 1986 and is situated in Lakewood, Colorado. It provides outstanding massage therapy training.
- The massage therapy program at CSHA can be finished in nine or twelve months.
- CSHA is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and a member of the American Massage Therapy Association and the Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals (ABMP) (AMTA).
- Additionally, the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork has authorized CSHA (NCBTMB).
4. National University of Health Sciences
An elite education in integrated medicine is offered by NUHS, a private, non-profit university founded in 1906. Students can earn an associate of applied science in massage therapy from NUHS.
Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and the Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation both grant National University of Health Sciences accreditation (COMTA).
5. Canadian College of Hydrotherapy and Massage
One of the best schools for massage therapy is the Canadian College of Massage and Hydrotherapy, which is situated in central Halifax and has been offering top-notch instruction in massage therapy since 1946.
- The college makes the claim that it was the first to offer massage therapy education in Canada.
- CCMH offers a free education on body systems and medical terminology to applicants.
- At CCMH, the fast track massage therapy diploma program can be completed in as little as 16 months, the conventional track in 20 months, and the mixed option in 3.5 years.
- The Canadian Massage Therapy Council for Accreditation has granted CCMH accreditation.
6. Okanagan Valley School of Massage Therapy
A supplier of certified massage therapy education since 1994 is Okanagan Valley College of Massage Therapy. The registered massage therapy curriculum there can be finished in up to two years. The college also offers a program for spa professionals.
The Canadian Massage Therapy Council for Accreditation has recognized Okanagan Valley College of Massage Therapy (CMTCA).
7. New York College of Health Professions
Located in Syosset and Manhattan, New York, the New York College of Health Professions offers quality training in massage therapy, acupuncture, and oriental medicine.
The massage therapy curriculum at New York College of Health Professions is a 72-credit advanced Associate in Occupation Studies (AOS) degree program. 20 to 24 months are needed to finish the program.
The New York State Board of Regents and Commissioner of Education have accredited New York College of Health Professions. The National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork also acknowledges the college (NCBTMB).
8. Miami Dade University
In Miami, Florida, there is a public institution called Miami Dade College. In Miami Dade County, the colleges have roughly eight campuses. Miami Dade University ranks among the best schools for massage therapy in the world.
A variety of alternatives are available for the massage therapy curriculum at Miami Dade College. The program runs for a full year.
The Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools has accredited Miami Dade College (SACSOC).
9. The Center for Natural Well-being Massage Therapy School
Since 1998, the Center for Natural Wellness School of Massage Therapy has offered students interested in a profession in therapeutic massage and bodywork a well regarded curriculum.
- The school provides three different formats for its New York-recognized massage therapy training curriculum: a full-time day program lasting nine months, a part-time morning program lasting fourteen months, and a part-time evening program (22 months).
- Only U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents may get education at the Center for National Wellness School of Massage Therapy.
10. Utah’s Myotherapy College
The Myotherapy College of Utah offers massage therapy training and education of the highest caliber.
A 750-hour, 30-credit massage therapy curriculum is available through the college.
11. London College of Massage
A specialized training facility for massage and body treatment education is the London School of Massage.
The London School of Massage appears among the best schools for massage therapy. It offers a number of courses, including a diploma in massage and a diploma in advanced therapeutic massage.
12. Cortiva Institute
The Cortiva Institute offers top-notch instruction and practical experience in massage therapy and skincare. A professional massage therapy program is available through the institution.
- The largest massage therapy organization in the US, Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals (ABMP), offers students at Cortiva Institute an immediate student membership.
- Cortiva Institute has received accreditation from both the Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation and the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) (COMTA).
13. Northwestern University of Health Sciences
A private university called Northwestern Health Sciences University situated in Bloomington, Minnesota is also among the best schools for massage therapy. The Northwestern College of Chiropractic was established in 1941.
NWHSU offers message therapy degree and certificate programs.
Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and the Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation both accredit Northwestern Health Sciences University’s massage therapy programs (COMTA).
14. Hollywood Institute of Beauty Careers
In Hollywood, Florida, there is a beauty school called Hollywood Institute. HI prepares students to work as certified experts in the fields of wellness, health, and beauty.
The massage therapy program at the beauty school can be finished in 5 months.
The National Accrediting Commission of Careers Arts and Sciences has granted Hollywood Institute accreditation (NACCAS). A member of the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork is also Hollywood Institute (NCBTMB).
15. ICT Massage Therapy Schools
Last on our list of the best schools for massage therapy. ICT Massage Therapy Schools offers high-quality massage therapy education.
- ICT Northumberland College is based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, and ICT Kikkawa College is located in Toronto, Ontario.
- There are three types of massage therapy diploma programs: standard (82 weeks), fast-track (73 weeks), and part-time.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Best schools for Massage Therapy in the World
Here are the answers to the most asked questions about the best schools for massage therapy and their programs.
Who is a Massage Therapist?
A message therapist manipulates the body’s soft tissues by using various forces and motions.
Other than spas, where can a massage therapist get employment?
Hospitals, rehabilitation facilities, physical therapy and chiropractic clinics, cruise ships, hotels and resorts, and gyms are among places where massage therapists might find employment.
How can I learn massage therapy?
You must first enrol in an approved and reputable massage therapy program. You will take the licensure test after finishing the curriculum. Following success on the licensing exam, you can now submit an application for a license.
How lengthy is the massage therapist training process?
Depending on the sort of curriculum, a massage therapy program might last anywhere from six months to 24 months.
How much money does a masseuse make?
The median pay for massage therapists, according to U.S. News & World Report, is $43,620.
What dangers come with massage therapy?
Because they stand for extended periods of time, massage therapists frequently experience bodily fatigue. It’s essential to be physically active and healthy to work as a massage therapist.
Is a career in massage treatment a good one?
Numerous advantages come with a profession in massage therapy, including a wealth of employment options, high earning potential, and the capacity for independent work.
This is the conclusion of our list on best schools for massage therapy, we hope you find the one that is most suitable for you. If your field is Makeup or aesthetics, you are recommend to check the Free Online Makeup Courses with Certificates in 2022.