Zipcar Student Discount Review
College students are aware of how challenging it is to find a ride. If you don’t have access to a car on campus, this is especially true.
Even though you don’t need a car every day, having one occasionally would be good. For instance, if you want to spend the weekend away from your college town or just need to transport a substantial amount of food to your dorm.
In the past, using a car rental service was the only way to obtain a vehicle for a brief period of time. If you’ve ever attempted to hire a car while you were a student, you are aware that some rental car agencies are not very accommodating to students. In fact, if you’re younger than 21, these businesses might not even let you rent a car. Furthermore, if you are under 25 and are over 21, you will still be required to pay a sizable price.
Fortunately, there is a scheme called Zipcar. The service is causing a stir on college campuses around the country as one of the newest private car rental companies.
All of this is what Zipcar seeks to alter. They want to increase everyone’s access to automobile rentals, including students. We’re going to cover all you need to know about Zipcar student discount in this tutorial. We’ll go over the program’s operation, registration process, and locations where it’s accessible.
Also Read: British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM 2023
How Zipcar Student Discount Work?
Let’s begin by outlining Zipcar’s definition.
An innovative substitute for conventional automobile rentals is Zipcar. You have to deal with paying a lot of fees and other extra charges when renting a regular car. Gas and additional safety measures like insurance must also be paid for in addition to the rental fee.
Additionally, conventional rents are not very flexible. For instance, you still have to pay for a full day even if you just need to rent a car for a few hours. Wouldn’t it be amazing if you could borrow a car for only a few hours? And wouldn’t it be even better if you were exempt from paying any fees at all? What Zipcar provides is this.
Your rental is much more flexible with Zipcar. You can reserve the rental by the hour or by the day using an app on your phone or the Zipcar website.
Gas, insurance, and any additional fees are included in the price of renting a Zipcar. All you have to pay is a set hourly charge as long as you return the car in the same state as when you picked it up.
Also Read: Japanese Government Scholarships (monbukagakusho: MEXT) 2023
The Zipcar Student Discount
Even if you are familiar with Zipcar, you might not be aware that it also has a plan just for students. The pricing and terms of this plan are essentially the same as those of normal Zipcar.
The primary distinction is that the plan is now available to students who are at least 18 years old thanks to Zipcar’s collaboration with institutions. Contrast this with the standard Zipcar service, which typically restricts rentals to those who are at least 21 years old.
Also Read: Imperial College London PhD Scholarship 2023
There are a few minimal qualifying requirements that must be satisfied in order to enjoy the Zipcar student discount:
- You must first be at least 18 years old. One of the unique advantages of using Zipcar through your university is this. If you use Zipcar through your university, the minimum age requirement is 18 instead of the standard 21.
- You need to be at least 18 years old and have a spotless driving record. Although Zipcar is a little hazy as to what this entails, they merely want to make sure that you are a careful driver. One speeding ticket won’t automatically disqualify you, but multiple tickets within the past two years will. Of course, Zipcar won’t allow you to utilize their platform if you have any significant moving infractions (such as reckless driving, hit-and-run, etc.).
- Finally, you must have a valid edu email account and be a currently enrolled student at the university. While some colleges provide alumni discounts on Zipcar, the discounted rates are often only offered to current students.
- Visit the website of your university to learn the precise requirements.
Also Read: 6 Google career certificates 2023
How to Get the Zipcar Student Discount
- Renting a Zipcar is simple assuming your university has them available. Start by looking up your university on Zipcar.com.
- Choose your school from the list.
- After that, you’ll be taken to the Zipcar registration page for your university.
- Click “Join student plan” after scrolling down to register for the program.
- You will be directed to a website with further details on the fees for your university by pressing this. These prices often match those of the city where your university is located (unless your university is in a very remote place, in which case it may have its own rates).
- Once there, select “Join for $X/year” from the menu (the precise cost will vary based on your university).
- You will then be taken to a page where you must enter your phone number, a password, and your school email address in order to create an account.
- After that, Zipcar will check your eligibility by asking you a few questions. You must upload a copy of your driver’s license so that Zipcar can confirm that you are at least 18 and look up your driving history. The annual membership fee is then due.
- If your driving history is clean, Zipcar will approve your application and mail you your Zipcard, which you need to unlock Zipcars.
Also Read: Swedish Institute Scholarship for Global Professionals 2023
Where Can Students Rent a Zipcar?
Across all American university campuses, Zipcar provides on-demand car sharing. Listed below are just a few of the cities where Zipcar has partnered with universities:
- New York City
- San Diego
- San Francisco Bay Area
- Los Angeles
In the end, searching for your school on the official Zipcar for Universities page or visiting your university website is the best method to learn if your campus has a Zipcar.
Also Read: Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2023
Frequently Asked Questions
What distinguishes Zipcar Student Discount from the standard Zipcar plans?
The cost of the membership fee is the primary distinction. Students that enroll through their university pay a lesser cost. Additionally, rather than needing to be 21 years old, students using Zipcar through their university just need to be 18 years old.
Does Zipcar provide student discounts codes?
Numerous Zipcar discount codes are offered. Zipcar does not, however, provide a unique discount for students. This is probably because Zipcar offers a discount to students who enroll through their institution.
Can a Zipcar that I reserve be driven by my friend?
Zipcar does not permit this, so no. Based on your own driving history and your agreement with Zipcar, you are qualified to operate a Zipcar. You cannot let your buddy drive the car you have reserved, even if they are a Zipcar member. If they want to drive, they should make a separate Zipcar reservation for themselves.
When are Zipcars available for renting?
You can reserve a car with Zipcar online, round-the-clock. It's a self-service platform, so you won't have to interact with any other users to make it function. Using the Zipcar app, you may reserve a vehicle whenever you want, day or night.
Once you have your Zipcard, renting a car is simple. Simply open the Zipcar app, search for a vehicle nearby, then select the day and time of your reservation. After that, make your reservation with a few taps.
When it’s time to use the car, locate the location where it is parked, go there, and tap your Zipcard on the card reader that is built into the windshield to unlock it. Enter, make sure everything is in working order, and take note of the supplied gas card, which is located under the driver’s side visor.
Now is the time for your trip!
Drive the car for the allotted amount of time, then drop it off at the same parking space where you picked it up. Make sure to leave the next driver with at least 1/4 of a tank of petrol (but since Zipcar pays for all the gas, you might as well fill it up completely unless you’re in a rush).
TOP PICKS FOR YOU:
- Uhaul student discount 2023
- Italian Government Scholarship 2023
- Headspace Student Discount Comprehensive Review 2023
- Imperial College Business School Global Leadership Scholarship in UK 2023