The Graduate Management Admission Test(GMAT) is an online test used to assess certain analytical, writing, quantitative, verbal, and reading skills in written English for admission use for a graduate program, such as, MBA program.
Measures Of GMAT?
The GMAT exam measures the verbal, quantitative, integrated reasoning, and critical thinking skills that are mostly for graduate business education.
- Verbal Reasoning— This measures the ability to read and understand materials in other to evaluate arguments.
- Quantitative Reasoning— This measures the ability to analyze data and draw conclusions with the help of reasoning skills.
- Integrated Reasoning— It measures the ability to analyze data and evaluate information in form of multiple formats.
- Analytical Writing Assessment— This measures the ability to think deeply and to communicate ideas.
The GMAT exam includes the Verbal, Quantitativel, Integrated Reasoning and the Analytical Writing Assessment (AWA) section. The sections contain numbers of same questions and time per section as the current test center-based GMAT exam.
The sections are:
- Quantitative Reasoning: It consists of 31 questions and the time range is 75 minutes.
- Verbal Reasoning: It consists of 36questions and the time range is 75 minutes.
- Integrated Reasoning: It consists of 12 questions and the time range is 30 minutes.
- Analytical Writing Assessment: It consists of 1 question and the time range is 30 minutes.
How Much Does GMAT Cost
The GMAT fee differs by country.
The Section Order for the GMAT™ online exam:
- The candidates would be allowed to choose from these orders
- Analytical Writing Assessment, Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative, Verbal
- Verbal, Quantitative, Integrated Reasoning, Analytical Writing Assessment
- Quantitative, Verbal, Integrated Reasoning, Analytical Writing Assessment
It enables the candidate to choose the ones they can do base on their strengths or preferences.
How The GMAT Is Being Scored
The GMAT exam has the same type and number of items and section times as the exam is being administered in the test centers. They have the same scoring algorithm and score scale for the Section Scores and Total Score.
They are able to preview their unofficial Total, Quant, Verbal, and IR scores at the end of the exam. The scores will be made available to candidates via their mba.com account within 7 business days (but might prolong a little bit in some cases)
The candidates will be able to receive their official score report, they will be able to see their individual scores as well as their total scores. They will be able to view the percentiles of their score in their score report.
GMAT online exam scores can be used for 5 years and will count towards candidates’ 12-month and lifetime GMAT limits.