A leader in the profession, Wake Forest University CRNA program. This program offers a challenging curriculum, cutting-edge training environments, and possibilities in global health. The program belongs to a select group of CRNA programs situated in medical schools.
The Wake Forest University School of Medicine awards academic degrees. The Council on Accreditation has given their three-year full-time anesthetic program, which leads to the Doctor of Nursing Practice degree, full accreditation. This program requires two years of on-site study, including clinical instruction, and one year of full-time distance learning.
Wake Forest University CRNA program Overview
- Winston Salem, North Carolina 27101, 525 Vine Street, Suite 230
- Program Director: Michael Rieker, DNP, CRNA.
- PH: (336) 716-1411
- Fax (336) 716-1411
- email: email@example.com
Quick Facts about Wake Forest University CRNA program:
- Degrees Offered: DNP, Master of Science in Nurse Anesthesia are the CRNA degrees available.
- Program Duration: Three years
- Hours of Credit: 84 hours of credits
- Beginning in August
The Wake Forest University CRNA program has switched to an essentially rolling admissions process. Applications are continuously examined, and those who meet the requirements may be invited to a virtual interview that is held once a month. To qualified candidates, offers are made on a first-come, first-served basis.
Benefits of Choosing Wake Forest University CRNA Program
U.S. News & World Report has named the hospital and Wake Forest University CRNA program as two of the best in the nation. You have the following benefits of enjoy:
- The clinical faculty is made up of members of the hospital’s medical staff, each of whom routinely performs clinical service as well as teaching.
- You’ll have plenty of chances to get clinical experience and routinely outperform the certification eligibility standards. Clinical instruction consists of:
- 800 cases approximately (25 percent greater than the minimum required)
- 2,500 hours in a clinic (25 percent greater than the minimum required)
- More than 30 medical facilities both inside and outside of North Carolina.
Atrium Wake Forest Baptist Health, Cone Health, Novant Health, Massachusetts General, North Carolina Veteran’s Affairs Hospital, Portsmouth Naval Medical Center, Cabell-Huntington Hospital, Appalachian Regional Healthcare, and Nationwide Children’s Hospital are just a few of the prestigious institutions that serve as clinical sites.
The Cost of Wake Forest University CRNA Program
The rate for 2021–2022 is used to calculate the tuition fee. The majority of schools raise their tuition each academic year. Expect to pay a tuition that is 5% to 15% more than what is listed here during the course of the program.
- Tuity Expenses: $109,950
- Fees & Expenditures: $14,794
- Overall: $124,744
*Fees as well as program fees. Your obligation to maintain health insurance will remain.
Wake Forest University CRNA Program Admissions Requirements
Let’s take a look at the Wake Forest University CRNA program requirements:
- License: BSNWork Experience: A minimum of two years’ worth of full-time work experience (2,080 hours). Accepted: ICUs for surgery, medicine, trauma, newborns, cardiology, neurology, burn care, or pediatrics. Objected to: Direct patient care in a clinical setting that exhibits autonomy in decision-making is required (time in orientation or in managerial positions is not applicable).
- Experience in the Workplace: 3.0
- GPA: At least 3.0
- GRE: Satisfactory result on the Miller Analogy Test during the previous five years, or the Graduate Record Examination (recommended).
- ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) (Advanced Cardiac Life Support)
- BLS (Basic Life Support) (Basic Life Support)
- (Inferential), as well as chemistry (3 semester hours each)
Wake Forest University reports that their application pool is still very strong after the 2021 interview season. Those admitted into the new class have an average GPA of 3.6, a verbal and quantitative GRE score of 305, three years of ICU experience, and three and a half years of RN experience.
Also Read: 6 Effective ways to Fund your NGO
Curriculum & Admission Retaining
- Maintaining a “B” average in both academic and non-credit courses is a requirement for advancement.
- Obtaining grades of B or higher in all nursing specialty courses, with a maximum of 6 credit hours being below that mark (clinical courses).
- Adequate clinical performance, which is assessed every day throughout the course of the 24 months.
- North Carolina Baptist Hospital Inpatient Surgery.
- Pediatric Surgery in Brenner Children’s Hospital
- Carolinas Medical Center- North East
Forsyth Medical Center
- High Point Regional Health System
- Iredell Memorial Hospital
- Lexington Memorial Hospital
- Medical Park Hospital
- Moses Cone Memorial Hospital
- Rowan Regional Medical Center
- Sara Lee Center for Women’s Health
- Wesley Long Hospital
- Wilkes Regional Medical Center
- Women’s Hospital of Greensboro.
How to Apply for Wake Forest University CRNA program
The Nurse Anesthesia (CRNA) Program is looking for diverse, highly accomplished candidates with strong academic records and a demonstrated dedication to helping others.
Important Dates for Admission:
The admissions procedure for the CRNA program is essentially rolling. Applications are continually examined, and some may receive invitations to a monthly interview. Qualified candidates are given interviews based on a first-come, first-served policy.
You are advised to apply as soon as possible. There are a certain number of interview slots, which determine admission for August of the following year.
The application period for the 2023–2024 academic year is now over. For further information regarding admission for the academic year 2024-2025, please check back in January 2023.
How to Submit an Application:
Please correctly and completely fill out the application. All submitted information must be accurate. Any time there is proof of inaccurate, deceptive, or misleading information, the nurse anesthesia program will be terminated or rejected without a tuition or fee refund. Applications that are incomplete won’t be reviewed. The applicant must confirm that all required documents have been received.
Do not click the “my account” link on the Apply page. Click “start application” instead. If you use your prior login information, the new application should launch with a lot of your previous data already filled in.
- ACLS (Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support)
- BLS (Basic Life Support)
- Further professional accreditations
- An RN license (printed from State Board of Nursing website)
- CV, sometimes known as a resume
- Unauthorized transcripts (official transcripts will be required should you be selected for an interview)
- Report of an unofficial GRE score (official report will be required should you be selected for an interview)
- Recommendation forms, which must be submitted by the application deadline, will be forwarded to the people you designate as your recommenders.
- $100 application fee that is not refundable
- To make sure that all papers are uploaded and submitted to the appropriate locations, please study the comprehensive submission procedures and steps below.
Interviews & Selection Criteria
The Wake Forest University CRNA program’s Admissions Committee looks over each applicant’s qualifications, giving close attention to the prerequisites.
Interviews with the selection committee will be extended to qualified candidates. Even those who match the requirements but whose qualifications are not among the most competitive may not be invited to an interview because there are so many highly qualified applicants. A candidate may only be interviewed once each year.
The “most competitive” applicants may be given an early acceptance decision in May. In any other case, they will remain in the running for the balance of the cycle, up until August of the following year.
Applicants may update their application in order to reapply the following year. An invitation to interview may not be sent to those who do not meet the requirements or who have already been rejected admission after two interviews.
Numerous factors influence the final decision. The applicant’s suitability for admission is not determined by any one criterion in isolation. Professionalism and contact with the program throughout the application and interview processes will also be taken into consideration when choosing candidates for an interview or admission to the program.
The Nurse Anesthesia (CRNA) Program at Wake Forest University School of Medicine is dedicated to giving all applicants equal consideration, regardless of their race, color, country origin, religion, gender, age, sexual preference, or physical or mental disability. Based on their academic performance, moral character, and general suitability for the study of anesthetic nursing, applicants are chosen for admission in a competitive process.
- Make careful to respond to all of the questions. Admission is competitive, and a missing or irrelevant response will make it impossible for your application to be fairly evaluated in comparison to others.
- Exams for admission (like the GRE) attest to your academic aptitude. The experts at Wake Forest University advise against taking them unprepared. Additionally, it is important to take the test early so that, in the event that your results do not accurately reflect your abilities, you will have enough time to retake it before the application deadline.
- Your references aid Wake Forest University in understanding your level of expertise in clinical nursing. Someone who has closely observed you at work in a critical care setting will probably be able to give a more accurate assessment of your skills than someone with whom you have only had limited contact.
Some people ask people they hardly know for recommendations, including anesthesiologists, CRNAs, department heads, program alumni, etc. Remember that a person’s title alone won’t make a reference more favorable if they aren’t personally familiar with your work.
Wake Forest University will schedule interviews all year long as long as they receive a sufficient number of “highly competitive” applicants. Your interview date might be announced in the spring or summer. Early applications are screened against a smaller pool and have a better chance of getting selected for an interview.
Interviews are planned for applicants received after the deadline once they have received all required paperwork. Wake University guarantees that enough time is allotted, regardless of whether you have an earlier or later interview date, so that the final interviewee has the same chance to be accepted as the first.
It is preferable for you to provide a curriculum vitae with your application, while it is not absolutely necessary. Wake Forest University CRNA program focuses on developing leaders, and your CV is a fantastic way to show the range of your leadership and extracurricular experiences.
FAQs about Wake Forest University CRNA
Is Wake Forest University’s CRNA program a reputable one?
A leader in the profession, Wake Forest University School of Medicine's Nurse Anesthesia (CRNA) Program. This program offers a challenging curriculum, cutting-edge training environments, and possibilities in global health. The program belongs to a select group of CRNA programs situated in medical schools.
Can CRNAs work three shifts of 12 hours?
Typically, a certified registered nurse anesthetist (CRNA) works two shifts of 24 hours each every week. A certified registered nurse anesthetist (CRNA) may work 8 or 12-hour shifts in various situations, but 24-hour hours are also typical.
Do CRNAs maintain a healthy work-life balance?
Adaptable timetables. CRNAs have a lot of options, so they can pick a schedule that works for them. Working full-time, part-time, as needed, on call, or even overnight are all alternatives. Finding the ideal work-life balance is made much easier by this flexibility.
What is Wake Forest University known for?
The university is known for its rigorous liberal arts program and excellent academic ranking. Wake Forest upholds the teacher-scholar paradigm and values one-on-one communication between staff and students.
TOP PICKS FOR YOU:
- Louisiana State University CRNA Degree Program Comprehensive Guide 2022
- Best Christian Schools in Ohio 2023 | University, High School
- Top 15 Schools for the Blind in 2023 | Requirements
- Walden Master of Social Work 2022 Review