Each academic year, UTA awards more over $30 million in scholarships to students. Students and their needs are prioritized at UTA. The purpose of this generous UTA scholarship program is to increase college access while also honoring academic performance.
December 1, 2022, is the deadline for priority consideration for the Presidential Honors Scholarship and the Presidential Scholarship for the fall of 2023. The Maverick Academic Scholarships have a deadline of February 14, 2023. The application date for the $2,000 to $5,000 per year Transfer Scholarships is February 14, 2023. The $1,000 Transfer Scholarship may be given to some students who meet the deadline because it is given based on their academic transfer profile. The Transfer Scholarships with an annual value of $1,000 have a final date of July 3, 2023.
Before the scholarship deadline, students must submit all the paperwork needed by UTA Admissions to be considered. These scholarships are automatically given to all students. No additional application is required. All of the UTA scholarship listed below are open to applicants accepted for the summer and fall semesters of 2023. These scholarships are not available to UTA freshmen starting in the spring.
Also Read: 10 Best Business Grants For Disabled Veterans In 2023
UTA scholarship 2023
These are some of the UTA scholarships for the 2023 academic session:
Nursing Students Loan (NSL)
The University of Texas at Arlington and the Secretary of Health and Human Services have entered into a promissory note for the Nursing Student Loan (NSL), which is solely available to undergraduate nursing majors. This is a loan that needs to be repaid, NOT a scholarship. The applicant must be an American national or citizen, as well as a valid permanent resident. Upper division undergraduate BSN students who have finished 12 credits are eligible for this loan. This loan is solely to be used to pay for school. Applicants will need to “accept” the loan and go through an interview before any payments are paid. Loans are only offered in a small quantity.
- Target Audience: Nursing College
- Deadline: January 6, 2023
Supplemental Questions and Qualifications:
- The student must be an American citizen or a legal permanent resident of one of the following countries: the United States, Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Northern Mariana Islands, Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, or Trust Territory of the Pacific. You are NOT eligible for the NSL if you are in this country on a student or visiting visa.
- Please accept that you are aware that you will need to sign a promissory note that binds you to the loan’s repayment terms because it is a student loan.
- I also understand that I must ‘accept’ this loan before any money is disbursed.
- I understand that an interview will be necessary before any money is disbursed.
- How many hours have you put toward your nursing degree? (Responses can only be in numbers. Exactly one character.)
- Have the UTA or the federal government provided you with any additional financial aid?
If yes, kindly state the name of the recipient and the total amount granted as of the application date. (For instance: FASFA-$1000
Do you have any additional student loans that are past due?
- Please confirm that you are aware that during each application period, you are required to disclose changes to your financial situation, including the receipt of additional funds.
- Please state if you are enrolled in UTA’s on-campus (ONC) or off-campus (AO) nursing programs.
- Please check the box to confirm that the loan’s funder has permission to share your UTA classification, GPA, mailing address, and progress toward graduation or other criteria.
- Please confirm that you are aware that this loan is not extendable. You may nonetheless apply each semester.
- I certify that the data I’ve provided in this application is accurate and true.
Also Read: Best Business Grants For Disabled Veterans In 2023
Terry Scholars Scholarship
The Terry Freshman Scholarship is given to first-year students who are pursuing their first undergraduate (Bachelor’s degree) and are entering in the fall semester right after graduating from a Texas high school. All Terry Scholars exhibit the potential for academic success, the ability to lead, and the need for financial assistance.
Qualification – An applicant for the Terry Scholarship who will be a first-year student must:
- Have shown leadership and participation in community, collegiate, or other organizations.
- Be able to prove financial need; cases will be reviewed individually.
- Possess superior academic skills as demonstrated by grades.
- Graduate from a Texas high school or a Texas home school in 2023.
- Apply for on-campus accommodation by April 15th and be prepared to live on campus for at least the first year.
- Before the Terry application deadline, apply for admission to UTA as a full-time student for the academic year 2023–2024.
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid must be completed (FAFSA). Receiving government help is not necessary in order to be eligible for the scholarship. Before the application deadline, the FAFSA must be finished.
- Be accepted for the Fall semester, full-time, with the intention of finishing a first baccalaureate.
- Be a citizen or lawful resident of the United States.
Application Process – The following is what complete applications consist of:
- Students cannot submit applications to the Terry Foundation directly; they must go through the university admission procedure.
- Identify the two people who will provide letters of recommendation and include their names and email addresses. One of your teachers from your key subjects should have written at least one of your recommendations (English, math, history, science, language). Both recommendations should attest to your leadership and intellectual prowess.
Terry Scholarships cannot be given out without a positive interview. If you are selected for an interview for the scholarship, the Foundation will cover your travel costs if you live more than 60 miles away from the interview location. New Scholars will be contacted within a month of the final selections, which will be announced in the week that follows the interviews.
- Award: Variable based on overall attendance expenses. Up to eight semesters are renewable.
- Focus: Terry Scholars, University College, Provost’s Office
- Deadline: January 6, 2023
College of Business. Department of Finance and Real Estate Scholarship for M.S. in Quantitative Finance Students
With preference given to incoming out-of-state or international students, the Department of Finance and Real Estate offers scholarships to students accepted in the M.S. Quantitative Finance Program during their first semester. The scholarship is competitive, subject to funding constraints, and awarded at the department’s scholarship committee’s discretion.
- Award: $1,000.00
- Areas of Study: Finance and Real Estate in the College of Business.
- Deadline: January 15, 2023
- When (Spring 2023 or Summer 2023) do you intend to begin enrolling in classes for the MSQF program?
- Will you be enrolled full-time in the M.S. in Quantitative Finance program in Spring 2023 and taking a minimum of nine graduate credits?
Also Read: Top 10 Online Masters in Instructional Design
Univision Tu Futuro Tu Comunidad Scholarship
Through a collaboration between Univision and UTA, this extremely distinguished award is made available to a driven and resilient student who is dedicated to having a significant influence on the community after graduating from UTA. All incoming freshmen are eligible for this award, which is renewable for up to three more years.
- Incoming freshmen who were accepted to UT Arlington in the fall immediately after high school graduation are required to apply.
- The FAFSA or TASFA must be completed by applicants.
- The scholarship recipient is required to enroll at UTA full-time for the period of the award. Twelve hours or more per week during the autumn and spring semesters is considered full-time.
This scholarship will consist of a generous $10,000 annual award from Univision and at least a $10,000 annual match from UTA. To guarantee that candidates get a minimum of a combined $20,000 scholarship and financial aid package, this match can include federal, state, and institutional grant funding as well as UTA institutional awards. In March 2023, two awardees will be chosen and informed.
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or The Texas Application for State Financial Aid must be completed in order to meet the criteria for this scholarship, which includes “demonstrated financial need” (TASFA). For more information and help, please visit http://www.uta.edu/fao/ if you haven’t already.
- Awarded: $20,000 annually
- Until: January 15, 2023
- How are you going to use your college experience to better your community?
- Have you submitted your TASFA or FAFSA forms for the 2022–2023 school year?
Also Read: 10 Cheapest Countries to Live in Africa
Ann H. Benham Endowed Scholarship
The Ann H. Benham Endowed Scholarship will be used by the College of Science to provide merit-based financial aid to undergraduate students.
This scholarship will be given in equal installments between the fall of 2023 and the spring of 2024 and applied to the recipient’s student account during the spring 2023 semester. To be eligible for this full scholarship grant, the student must declare COS as their major, be enrolled in classes for Fall 2023 and Spring 2024, and maintain good academic standing.
- Prize: varies
- Target Audience: Science College
- Until: February 19, 2023
- Please submit a personal statement outlining your career objectives and why you deserve this grant.
- Please submit a resume. Ensure that it includes a list of your extracurricular activities, memberships in professional and honor organizations, volunteer work, and employment history.
Nancy C. Sommerman Memorial Scholarship
College for Honors The University of Texas at Arlington now has The Nancy C. Sommerman Memorial Endowment thanks to Mr. Andrew B. Sommerman’s kind donation. The mother of Andrew B. Sommerman, Nancy C., is honored with this scholarship. Its purpose is to give full-time students at UTA financial aid. This scholarship expires after one year.
Eligibility Requirements: 3.2 cumulative GPA; participation in extracurricular activities; full-time, active Honors students who are making enough progress toward their Honors degree (typically, this translates to at least 6 hours per academic year). Candidates who don’t fit the requirements won’t be taken into consideration.
- Award: $1,000
- Objectivity: Honors College
- End date: March 3, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is it simple to apply to UTA?
There is some selection in UTA admissions, with an acceptance rate of 88%. The typical SAT or ACT score for applicants to UTA is between 1050 and 1250, respectively. The rolling deadline for UTA's regular admissions applications.
Does UTA offer whole rides?
The Blaze Forward Program is one that UTA is pleased to provide. Undergraduate students will be provided with a combination of grants and other financial aid that will pay 100% of their tuition and required fees for the Fall and Spring semesters assuming they complete all eligibility conditions and deadlines.
How can I apply for a full Scholarship to UTA?
High School Rank in the Top 15%. 3.9 high school GPA (estimated by the UTA Admissions Office using an unweighted 4.0 scale) A minimum 31 ACT or 1400 SAT score. comprehensive analysis of a student's academic history and the difficulty of their finished high school courses.
What is the best Degree that UTA offer?
Best Nursing Colleges and Universities list, number one. On Study.com's list of the Best Nursing Colleges and Universities for 2021, UTA is ranked first.
TOP PICKS FOR YOU:
- 10 Best Christian Colleges in Texas
- Free Online Marine Biology Courses 2023
- How to become a Forensic Scientist in 3 Easiest Steps
- 4 Important Job Skills you have that you don’t know