University of Leicester, department of Management is offering a number of Tuition Fee Waivers for successful PhD applicants commencing January 2023. All international students in the Management field are invited to apply for this offer, open to PhD applicants only.
- Funding: £11,004
- Level: PhD
- Deadline: September 14, 2022.
- Type of Study: Full Time/Part Time
- Country: England
- University: University of Leicester
- Field of Study: Management (Business)
- Nationality: International
Eligibility of University of Leicester Management Scholarship:
To apply for this University of Leicester Management Scholarship for PhD students, you must meet the following criteria;
- Applicants are required to hold a UK Bachelor’s Degree with at least a 2:1 and a Master’s Degree or overseas equivalent qualifications. Equivalency of overseas qualifications: If you’re an international applicants and you need advice on the equivalency of your qualification(s), you can contact the University of Leicester Admissions Office.
- The University of Leicester English language requirements apply.
- UK and International Students are eligible to apply.
- Your undergraduate qualification should normally be in a subject relevant to the subject of the PhD you are applying for.
- In some subject areas and for this studentship scholarship, you must hold a Masters degree.
- In addition to the academic entry requirements, you must satisfy the English language entry requirements.
- Research degrees are demanding and intensive programmes. To succeed at this level, you must be highly motivated, be able to work both independently and as part as part of a team, be able to plan and manage your own work, and have an appropriate familiarity with the discipline and the associated research techniques.
- Qualifications not completed at time of application: If you have not yet completed your Master’s degree, you may still be considered if you can provide evidence that you will complete this qualification before the start of the PhD and that your marks/grades to date are at an appropriate level.
- The full title and subject area of your qualification(s)
- The name and country of the awarding institution
- Your marks or grades to date.
- If you’re applying for a distance learning research degree programme, you must hold the standard academic entry requirements as mentioned above. In addition, you may need to demonstrate that you have access to appropriate research facilities and resources – such as an academic library.
The University of Leicester prides itself on the diversity of its student population and on being an inclusive employer. University of Leicester encourages applications from candidates who represent the diversity of its student population, local communities and wider society. In particular, the University welcomes applications from Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates, as these are the groups currently underrepresented in the University.
For enquiries about the proposed research please email the relevant supervisor listed on the application page. Application enquiries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply for University of Leicester Management Scholarship:
To apply for this University of Leicester Management scholarship for PhD students, please go through these steps;
- select click on the Apply button provided below this page.
- Look at the supervisors and research areas provided and prepare your research proposal on the Proposal Form
- With your application, please include:
- In the proposal section please provide the name of the your proposed project supervisor (from the list given) and your project title.
- Upload your completed Research Proposal Form
- Personal statement explaining, briefly, your interest in the project and your experience. International applicants also must demonstrate on their personal statement how they intend to fund the difference in fees (£11,004 per year) and their living costs for the duration of their studies.
- Degree Certificates and Transcripts of all degree level study already completed and if possible transcript to date of study currently being undertaken
- Evidence of English language proficiency, if applicable.
- In the reference section, provide the contact details of your two academic referees in the boxes provided or upload letters of reference if already available.
- In the funding section please select CSSAH Fee Waiver
- Incomplete applications and Research Proposals not submitted using the Proposal Form will not be considered and automatically voided.
- UK applicants may apply for either full time or part time study.
- International applicants may only apply for full time study if they require a Student Visa to study in the UK
Benefits of the University of Leicester Management Scholarship:
The University of Leicester School of Business offers the following;
- Up to 15 UK Tuition Fee Waivers for 3 years for full time study or 6 years part time study (part time only available to UK applicants)
- Full Time Overseas Fee waiver for 3 years
- International applicants must demonstrate on their personal statement how they intend to fund the difference in fees (£11,004 per year) and their living costs for the duration of their studies.
- There is no stipend or additional funding available to support living costs.
- The fee waivers are not available for distance learning study.
You May Consider; Hof University Scholarships in Germany.
- Completed Research Proposal Form
Personal statement explaining, briefly, your interest in the project and your experience.
- Degree Certificates and Transcripts of all degree level study already completed and if possible transcript to date of study currently being undertaken.
- Evidence of English language proficiency
- Two academic referees
What to Consider before Applying for a scholarship:
- Be well organized: Organize your documents and avoid misplacing any vital document. Write down the necessary documents you would be needing to avoid exempting any from it.
Make sure you include all required documents/information: Avoid applying for many scholarships, make time and work well towards the one that draws your interest most.
- Presentation: Job application and scholarship application are almost the same thing. Work on your writings, good impression, spellings and your writing.
- Make provisions for correct information: Ensure the details you will be dropping are correct, make sure you painstakingly cross-check before submitting the documents.
Final tips before you submit a scholarship application:
When you are done with the requirements you should follow the following tips:
- Check all what you have submitted again and correct all the spelling and grammar errors you have made.
- Follow the rules keenly and avoid passing the word limits.
- Ensure you submit all the documents needed and avoid submitting unnecessary ones.
- Make extra copies of all what you are about to submit, incase you might still be needing them.
- Ensure you submit all the documents on time and avoid late submission, it is advisable you submit them before the given deadline.