University of California Los Angeles Online Courses: The University of California-Los Angeles, more formally known as UCLA, is situated in Los Angeles, California, as suggested by its name. UCLA is the oldest undergraduate institution in the University of California system after University of California-Berkeley. UCLA grants degrees at the graduate and undergraduate levels in close to 340 different fields of study. UCLA is the largest institution in the state of California in terms of enrolment, with a combined annual enrollment of slightly over 42,000 students (12,000 graduate and 30,000 undergraduate). It is also one of the institutions in the US with the highest applications, receiving nearly 112,000.
The best universities in the country consistently include UCLA. UCLA was placed 16th globally in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings for the best universities in 2015–2016. Its MBA program was ranked 13th in the country and 23rd worldwide by the Financial Times. In the globe, UCLA was placed 12th by the QS World University Rankings. Numerous university departments and programs are listed among the top 10 in the country for their particular specialty.
The 340 degree programs provided by the institution are distributed among 5 undergraduate academic colleges and 7 graduate schools. colleges for undergraduates include:
- College of Letters and Science
- School of the Arts and Architecture
- School of Theater, Film and Television
- School of Nursing
- Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science (HSSEAS)
Professional Graduate Schools include:
- Graduate School of Education & Information Studies (GSEIS)
- Luskin School of Public Affairs
- Anderson School of Management
- David Geffen School of Medicine
- School of Law
- School of Dentistry
- Fielding School of Public Health
- Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior
- Fielding School of Public Health
UCLA is well known for the caliber of its staff, researchers, and graduates in addition to the caliber of its academic programs. Thirteen Nobel laureates, three Turing Award winners, and one Fields Medalist have all taught, attended, or conducted research at UCLA. The Institute of Medicine, American Academy of Arts and Sciences, National Academy of Engineering, and National Academy of Sciences all have professors and researchers on their current faculties.
UCLA provides student-athletes with access to a world-class academic program as well as the chance to play on a variety of student sports teams. The Pac-12 Conference is where UCLA student-athletes compete under the moniker “Bruins.” Over 250 Olympic medals have been won by UCLA student-athletes since the institution’s founding. Basketball, football, cross country, rowing, soccer, volleyball, track and field, softball, golf, water polo, and tennis are just a few of the collegiate sports that UCLA sponsors.
UCLA is an exclusive university. It is difficult to enter. UCLA is one of the most selective colleges in the state of California and the Western United States, although not being as selective as Harvard (7% admission rate) or Stanford (11% admission rate). The unweighted average GPA for incoming freshmen is 3.89. SAT scores for first-year students range from 1940 to 2240. (640-760 for Writing, 620-740 for Critical Reading, and 650-770 for Mathematics). For incoming freshmen, the ACT ranges from 28 to 34.
UCLA’s graduate programs are also highly selective. The average acceptance rate for professional programs and graduate schools is between three and five percent. The UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine is one of the most renowned and competitive medical schools in the country, with an admission rate of 3.2%.
Also Read: Top Scholarships and Deadlines 2023-2024
University of California Los Angeles online courses
For students to supplement their on-campus learning, UCLA offers online courses. UCLA’s online programs give students more flexibility in finishing their degrees. Individual departments and programs offer online courses, certifications, and even whole degree programs. Students must first be accepted to UCLA through the standard application procedure used for all students in order to enroll in an online degree program.
How Online Learning at UCLA Works
Use your computer browser or the Canvas mobile app to log into UCLA’s user-friendly, cloud-based learning management system, Canvas. Go over the course outline, join your peers in the discussion board, and start studying. You can get the link for your course through Canvas if your course uses Zoom.
- Obtain the required books, videos, webinars, discussion boards, and other course resources.
- Contact your instructor if you have any concerns about your work, your development, or if you want to learn more about a certain subject.
- Send in your coursework through Canvas for review and comment. If you need help using Canvas, get in touch with technical support 24 hours a day.
Students must possess the fundamental computer abilities necessary to utilize email, word processing programs, and web browsers like Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. Students are in charge of understanding the Canvas Learning Management System and completing the necessary technical prerequisites.
Additionally, it is the responsibility of the student to maintain a duplicate of every assignment and piece of work turned in as well as to be informed of all assignments, deadlines, and course requirements.
Also Read: How to Apply to Notre Dame University in 2023
University of California Los Angeles Online Courses Formats
- Online: Course material is supplied once a week via an online learning environment where you can interact with the instructor and other students whenever it’s convenient for you. There are no mandatory class meetings, but assignments are needed on a regular basis. Zoom provides available office hours with the instructor. You can access course material at any time, anywhere with this flexible learning approach, according to your schedule.
- Remote: Zoom is used to arrange and conduct all class sessions, enabling live contact between students and teachers. Through an online learning environment, students can access course materials whenever they want.
- Hybrid (Remote): This learning format combines remote and online instruction and consists of some scheduled, live class meetings using Zoom and some pre-recorded lessons, activities, discussion boards, or other course materials that are accessible through an online learning platform where you can connect with your teacher and classmates.
Also Read: Target student discount 2023
Check the University of California Los Angeles online courses by Study Area:
- Accounting & Taxation
- Architecture & Interior Design
- Business & Management
- Design & Arts
- Digital Technology
- Environmental Studies
- Finance & Investments
- Health Care & Counseling
- Landscape Architecture & Horticulture
- Real Estate
- Writing & Journalism
Frequently Asked Questions
Does UCLA provide classes online?
For students to supplement their on-campus learning, UCLA offers online courses. UCLA's online programs give students more flexibility in finishing their degrees.
Is it possible to attend UCLA classes without being a student?
Through the UCLA Extension's Concurrent Enrollment program, the general public (18 years or older) may enroll in a select number of daytime regular session UCLA courses during the quarters of Fall, Winter, and Spring.
Is UCLA a Private or Public School?
Public university University of California, Los Angeles was established in 1919. The campus is 419 acres in size, has a total undergraduate enrolment of 32,119 (fall 2021), and is located in an urban area. It makes use of an academic calendar based on quarters.
Does taking online classes improve your GPA?
Can students improve their GPA with online courses? Yes, all of these questions have an answer. A student's academic record may be impacted positively or negatively by taking online courses. How effectively students use the choice will determine this.
- Dental Hygienist Salary in US: Factors and Job’s Prospect 2023
- Barnes and Noble Student Discount Review 2023
- How to get the Aritzia Student Discount 2023
- Lehigh University Acceptance Rate 2026