Application for the United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023 is now open! International students all over the world are eligible to apply for the fellowship in USA. The program is holding for 9 months. Candidates who are selected will be spending 6 months in the host institution and 3 months in New York. The fellowship is available fo the academic session 2022/2023. This is a great opportunity for all students around the world.
Details of the United Nations Nippono Foundation Fellowship 2023
- Funding: Fully funded
- Deadlinee: 14, September 2022
- Country: United States
- EligibleNationality: Open to all international students
Duration: 9 months
- You must be between 25 and 40 years old.
- You must successfully complete your first university degree, and demonstrate the ability to conduct independent advanced academic research and study.
- You must be a mid-level professional from a national government agency in a developing state, or from another government or non-government agency in a state that deals directly with maritime affairs, and your professional position guides you. Allows to help. Nation in policy formulation and / or implementation in the region. This includes the relationship between marine sciences and science policy.
- Your“Nomination and Recommendation Form” must be completed by a government official or other official who can verify the nature of your work in relation to the government’s maritime affairs and maritime activities law, and explain how the award is made. These activities directly
- Your proposed research and study program should directly assist in the formation of your nation and / or law enforcement of maritime affairs and maritime policies and programs.
- You must be free of all non-association responsibilities throughout the fellowship period unless authorized by the Division
Also Read: Oxford University Scholarship
List of Host Institutions:
- Ankara University Research Center of the Sea and Maritime Law
- Australian National Centre for Ocean Resources and Security (ANCORS), University of Wollongong (Wollongong, Australia)
- Cardiff University, School of Law and Politics, (Cardiff, U.K.)
- Centre de Droit Maritime et Océanique, Université de Nantes (Nantes, France)
- Centre for Resource Management and Environmental Studies (CERMES), University of West Indies (Cave Hill Campus, Barbados)
- Centre d’Etudes et de Récherches sur le Droit des Activités Maritimes et l’Environnement
(CERDAME), Institut du Droit et de la Paix et du Développement, Université de Nice Sophia Antipolis (Nice, France)
- Coastal Resources Center, Graduate School of Oceanography, University of Rhode Island
- Columbia Law School, Columbia University (New York, U.S.A.)
- Department of Public, Civil Procedure, International and European Law of the University of Milan (Milan, Italy)
- Edinburgh Centre for International and Global Law, Edinburgh University (Edinburgh, U.K.)
- Faculty of Law, The University of New South Wales (Sydney, Australia)
- Gerard J. Mangone Center for Marine Policy, University of Delaware (Newark, U.S.A.)
- Graduate Program in Marine Affairs, Department of Marine Affairs, University of Rhode Island (Kingston, U.S.A.)
- Leibniz Center for Tropical Marine Ecology – ZMT (Bremen, Germany)
- Marine and Environmental Law Institute, Dalhousie University in partnership with the International Ocean Institute-Canada (Halifax, Canada)
- Marine Affairs Programme, Dalhousie University (Halifax, Canada) in partnership with the International Ocean Institute-Canada (Halifax, Canada)
- Marine and Shipping Law Unit, University of Queensland (Brisbane, Australia)
- Marine Law and Policy Research Centre, Istanbul Bilgi University (Istanbul, Türkiye)
- Maritime Institute, University of Ghent (Ghent, Belgium)
- Max Planck Institute for Comparative
- PublicLaw and International Law, (Heidelberg, Germany)
- Melbourne University Law School (Victoria, Australia)
- National Oceanography Centre (NERC), (Southampton, U.K.)
- Nelson Mandela University South African Research Chair in the Law of the Sea and Development in Africa, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
- Netherlands Institute for the Law of the Sea, Utrecht University School of Law (Utrecht, The Netherlands)
- NOVA University, School of Law, (Lisbon, Portugal)
- Saint Mary’s University (Halifax, Canada)
- Strathclyde Centre for Environmental Law and Governance (SELG), University of Strathclyde (Glasgow, Scotland)
- Sydney Law School, University of Sydney (Sydney, Australia)
- School for the Environment, University of Massachusetts Boston (Boston, U.S.A.)
- Tulane Maritime Law Center, Tulaneq University (New Orleans, U.S.A.)
- University of Milano Bicocca (Milano, Italy) : Dipartimento di Giurisprudenza and Dipartimento di Scienze dell’Ambiente e della Terra “Marine Sciences Programme
- University of Tromso (Tromso, Norway)
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (Woods Hole, MA, )
- World Maritime University (Malmo, Sweden) and Global Ocean Institute (Malmo, Sweden)
Benefits of the United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023
- Fellows receive a monthly stipend from the host organization.
- Local transportation costs are covered.
- The stipend rates are different for each country and are in line with the UN stipend rates for each country.
- Return economy air tickets are provided by the host organization.
- Visa processing and visa processing fees will be covered by the United Nations.
- Medical insurance will be covered by the host organization.
- Host organizations will provide accommodation costs.
- Partners will receive a $100 / month book allowance.
How to Apply
- Application must be typewritten or word processed.
- Applicants must answer all questions thoroughly and clearly.
- Special attention should be paid to sections 18, 19, 20, 21, and 23 of the application.
- The applicant must provide an accurate personal history.
- A proposed research and study program should be planned.
- The application form must be signed or certified by the nominating authority or officer in charge.
- Submit the signed form through email directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The last date of the United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023 is September 14, 2022.