Hello! The UC Berkeley acceptance rate for the academic years 2022 to 2026, admission data, and entrance requirements are described here.
A Snippet of UC Berkeley’s History
In Berkeley, California, there is a public land-grant research institution known as the University of California, Berkeley (UC Berkeley, Berkeley, Cal, or California). It is the first land-grant university in the state and the original campus of the University of California system. It was founded in 1868 under the name University of California. Its fourteen colleges and schools enroll 31,814 undergraduate and 13,243 graduate students and provide more than 350 degree programs. One of the best universities in the world has historically been Berkeley.
The academic business of the university is divided into 14 colleges and schools, each of which has 180 departments and 80 multidisciplinary divisions that offer more than 350 degree programs. While most schools exclusively accept graduate students, some do offer undergraduate majors or minors, colleges cater to both undergraduate and graduate students.
- Rausser College of Natural Resources
- School of Information
- School of Law
- Wertheim School of Optometry
- School of Public Health
- School of Social Welfare
- College of Chemistry
- College of Engineering
- College of Environmental Design
- College of Letters and Science
- Graduate School of Education
- Graduate School of Journalism
- Haas School of Business
- Goldman School of Public Policy
Berkeley Extension at UC (currently has two locations, in downtown Berkeley and downtown San Francisco).
We will discuss the UC Berkeley acceptance rate for the Class of 2026 and acceptance statistics by majors, the SAT/ACT/GPA and Grade requirements, the acceptance rates for in-state and out-of-state students at UC Berkeley, early and international acceptance rates, early decisions, special students, and the acceptance rates for the University of California, Berkeley in 2022.
Also Read: Peacock student discount 2023
UC Berkeley Admission Requirements for Freshmen and Transfer Students (in-state and out-of-state)
You have just begun an amazing trip. Let’s move forward.
The decision to attend UC is a significant one. However, we’re certain that you’re choosing wisely.
Each location provides a staggering variety of opportunities and academic options. There is something for everyone, whether they like to live in a large city, tucked away in a redwood forest, or on a hill overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
You are invited to join it at the University of California, Berkeley.
Having everything ready before you begin your application will prevent you from scrambling to find information at the last minute.
What you will need for the UC Berkeley application:
- Transcripts: At this time, don’t send your transcripts to UC; instead, use them to check the information you put on the application.
- Test results: UC won’t take the SAT or ACT into account when selecting applicants or giving out scholarships. Test results that you choose to submit with your application may be used as an alternative method of meeting eligibility requirements or for course placement once you’ve enrolled.
- Annual income for the previous and current years: (if you are a dependant, your parents’ income; if you are an independent, your income). Unless you’re requesting a waiver of the application cost or are applying for the Educational Opportunity Program, this is optional.
- Social Security Number. In order to link your application to documents like your final transcripts, test score report, and Free Application for Federal Student Aid, if you’re applying for financial aid, we use this information.
- You must enter your country of citizenship (or “No Selection”) to indicate your citizenship. You must disclose your immigration status and the type of visa you are applying for if your country of citizenship is not the United States.
- Every K–12 student in California’s public schools receives an ID number. This is a state-wide program. Consult your counselor or the registrar if it isn’t listed on your transcript.
- Credit card: You may send your payment if you’d rather use a check.
NOTE: Veterans or members of the military currently in active duty: By checking the box in the “About You” part of the application, you can indicate that you want to submit your military transcript if you have completed courses offered by a branch of the U.S. military. If you are accepted and accept an offer of admission, you can then send the UC campus your official military transcripts (such as ACE or SMAART).
Also Read: Walmart student discount 2023
UC Berkeley Acceptance Rate
the rate of acceptance of undergraduate students (students and refresher students) at UCB for admission to the class of 2026, as demonstrated, in particular, by the UC Berkeley acceptance rate 2022/2026 class statistics.
The UC Berkeley acceptance rate is only 17%, making it exceptionally selective. The typical SAT or ACT score for applicants to UC Berkeley is between 1310 and 1530, or 30-35. November 30 is the deadline for UC Berkeley’s regular admissions applications.
The 17% admission percentage at UCB merely implies that, out of 100 applicants, 17 were accepted.
This demonstrates how tough the university is!
UC Berkeley Admissions Statistics
- Acceptance Rate – 17%
- Early Decision Acceptance Rate –
- Total Applicants – 88,062
- SAT Range – 1310-1530
- SAT Reading – 650-740
- SAT Math – 660-790
- Students Submitting SAT – 82%
- ACT Range – 30-35
- ACT English – 27-35
- ACT Math – 27-34
- ACT Writing –
- Students Submitting ACT – 41%
Also Read: 10 Best Communication Colleges in the US
What GPA is required to attend UC Berkeley?
Here is the response to your question on the GPA requirements for admission to Berkeley. Many colleges state that applicants must have a minimum GPA, however the lowest grade for which an application can be accepted is 3.89. A 3.89 GPA is required by UC Berkeley, thus you must be at the top of your class and much above average.
Also Read: Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship 2023
Application Process to University of California, Berkeley UC
- Click here to apply: https://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/apply-now.html
- To begin, click “start your application.”
- Create an account
- Please read the website’s requirements carefully before applying.
How to Complete Your UCB Application: What You’ll Need
- GPA in high school is necessary
- Neither a high school rank nor a recommendation
- Also necessary is a high school transcript
- Also required are college preparatory courses.
- SAT/ACT testing is encouraged but not necessary.
- Though not required, recommendations are also taken into account.
Also Read: UVA Acceptance Rate: Admission Requirements 2023
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it difficult to enter UCB?
Yes! Entry to UC Berkeley is quite competitive. The acceptance rate has demonstrated everything, yet it is not impossible! It's not an insurmountable task! Just make sure your application is really robust!
What academic field at UC Berkeley is renowned?
The most sought-after majors at the University of California, Berkeley are in the social sciences, computer and information sciences, engineering, biology, and biomedical sciences, as well as multi/interdisciplinary studies, business, management, and related support services.
Is UC Berkeley among the Ivy League?
UC Berkeley is not an Ivy League institution, despite being a highly regarded institution with exceptional chances for students.
Are UC Berkeley Graduates Rich?
A student at U.C. Berkeley has a $119,900 median family income, and 54% of students come from the top 20%. At U.C. Berkeley, 4.9% of students were raised in a low-income family and went on to become wealthy adults.
The reason the UC Berkeley acceptance rate, which is only 17%, is so low is that there are increasingly more candidates. You must therefore submit a very solid application to the University of California, Berkeley (UCB) in order to get accepted.
- 10 Best Communication Colleges in the US
- Cornell University MBA Review 2023
- Study at Global Cyber University 2023
- Barnes and Noble Student Discount Review 2023