The SMART scholarship 2022 is granting a £2000 discount that will be applied to the first year of your tuition fees. The scholarship is awarded as part of the admissions process and is based on your application to study; there is no separate form to complete. Successful applicants will be informed in their offer letter.
The scholarship is applicable to both undergraduate, masters and Doctoral students currently pursuing degree in one of the 21 STEM disciplines. SMART vibrant scholars acquire full tuition fee, annual stipend, internship and guaranteed employment.
Scholarships are awarded for 1 year to a maximum of 5 years of funding, depending on degree requirements. The scholarships are for undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral students. Students pursuing a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) subjects can apply for these scholarships. A great chance to get a guaranteed job after graduation. The program encouraged you to apply for the SMART Scholarship in the USA.
Every year, from August to December, the application for the students their degrees in engineering, physics, mathematics, architecture, oceanography, and operations research. It is a great opportunity for international student to pursue their study as well as research in the USA. Also, paid internships in the USA will be offered to interested students. For more details and to apply please read the complete article given below.
Details of The SMART scholarship 2022:
- Level: undergraduate| maters| PhD
- Deadline: August to December every year
- Funding: fully funded
- Eligible nationalities: open to all international students
- Type of study: full time course-work
- Country: USA
- University:Science, Mathematics, and Research for Transformation (SMART)
- Field of study: Check various list below
The subsequent is a list of SMART’s 21 approved STEM disciplines.These disciplines are general umbrella disciplines – specific applicant majors or fields of study may fall under one or more discipline on this list:
- Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Cognitive, Neural, and Behavioral Sciences
- Computer and Computational Sciences and Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Sciences
- Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Information Sciences
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Operations Research
Eligibility of The SMART scholarship 2022:
All applicants must be:
- a citizen of the United States, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, or United Kingdom at time of application,
- 18 years of age or older as of August 1, 2023
- requesting at least 1 year of degree funding prior to graduation (which starts at the program start date),
- able to complete at least one summer internship (multi-year scholars only)
- willing to accept post-graduation employment with the DoD,
- a student in good standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale,
- pursuing a technical undergraduate or graduate degree in one of the 21 STEM disciplines listed below,
- able to produce a fall 2022 college transcript from a regionally accredited US college or university, OR be pursuing a graduate degree at a regionally accredited US college or university.
Recommended for you:Imperial college London studentship 2022
Benefits of The SMART scholarship 2022:
The benefits of this scholarship comprise:
- Full tuition and education related educational expenses (meal plans, housing, and parking not included)
- Stipend paid at a rate of $25,000 – $38,000 a year depending on degree level (may be prorated depending on award length)
- Summer research internships ranging from 8 to 12 weeks
- Health Insurance allowance of up to $1,200 per academic year
- Miscellaneous allowance of up to $1,000 per academic year
- An experienced mentor at one of the Sponsoring Facilities
- Employment placement at a DoD facility upon degree completion.
How to apply for the The SMART scholarship 2022:
All applicants are required to tender their applications online by December 1 at 5:00 PM EST. Additional materials, such as references letters, must be received by December 1 at 5:00 PM EST. Conventionally, applicants are notified of their award in the spring. Application materials are not returned to applicants.The following information may be useful in planning and preparing your application packet.
Documents required for The SMART scholarship 2022:
- A High School Certificate or the equivalent of 12 years of schooling is required.
- Transcripts of Bachelor’s Degrees are mandatory for Master’s Degrees.
- Students’ Passport
- A concise resume/CV
- Statement of Purpose.
- Study plan or research proposal. (Only For the Masters and Ph.D. students )
- Two letters of recommendation
Deadline of the The SMART scholarship 2022: The scholarship duration is August to December of every year.
Otherwise, if you’re thinking of studying abroad, your program must meet the following criteria:
- The curriculum must contribute to the completion of your degree requirements
- Your participation in the program must not interfere with your graduation date or post-graduate employment start date
- The program must not interfere with your ability to complete a DoD internship or post-graduation employment
- You must maintain full-time enrollment status while studying abroad
- Tuition for your study abroad program must be paid to your U.S. institution where you are already received funds (from the SMART Scholarship)
- The program must not impact your eligibility to keep the security clearance required for the DOD internship or post-graduation employment
Although this may all seem like a lot, the DOD Smart Scholarship is a great opportunity. Thus, we highly recommend not to lose your chance to participate in the program by losing your full-time enrollment status during college (or otherwise failing to meet the eligibility criteria).
If you have not yet applied for the scholarship, but are planning on doing any of the things listed above (interning/researching off-campus or studying abroad), just keep in mind that you may have to be flexible and be open to the possibility that your plans will change. However, we hope that you will be able to keep the scholarship all while staying true to your college plans.