Rhodes Scholarship, a fully-funded program, is intended for international students beginning PG programs at the University of Oxford. Recipients are provided with the scholarship for the duration of the Oxford postgraduate program.
Details of the Rhodes Scholarship:
- Level: postgraduate degrees.
- Funding: £17,310 per annum (£1,442.50 per month).
- Eligible Nationalities: International students
- Type of Study: Full-Time Course.
- Country: United Kingdom.
- University: university of Oxford.
- Field of Study: Postgraduates accredited courses in the University of Oxford.
- Duration of the Scholarship: The Rhodes Scholarship is for two years in the first instance.
Also apply; INCIGHT Scholarship Program 2022
Eligibility of the Rhodes Scholarship:
To secure benefits of the Rhodes Scholarship, applicants must be admitted at the University of Oxford. Apart from that, applicants must fulfill the eligibility requirements listed below:
- Nationality: Citizen of a Rhodes eligible country such as India, Australia, Germany, Singapore, etc.
- Education: Completed education from your home country for at least 4 years in the last 10 years.
For example, Indian applicants could have completed their 10/12th standard and/or UG program at an Indian university.
- Age: Between the age group of 19 to 25 years, at the time of the scholarship application.
- Academic Achievement: Completed or will complete the UG degree with first class.
Recommended for you; KFM Making A Difference For Autism Scholarship
Benefits of the Rhodes scholarship:
Rhodes Scholarship will cover the recipient’s tuition fee, travel expenses (2 economy class tickets), health insurance, and accommodation expenses to stay in UK. Furthermore, recipients will get a monthly stipend. For the academic year 2021/22, the stipend offered will be GBP 15,900 per annum i.e, GBP 1,325 per month.
How to Apply for Rhodes Scholarship:
- Eligible students who want to receive a Rhodes Scholarship to study at the University of Oxford, one of the top-ranking universities in the UK, have to apply online. The application process for the same is mentioned below:
- Register and Create an account on the website of Rhodes Trust.
- Complete the Rhodes Scholarship Application form
- Submit personal details along with the list of required documents.
- Submit the application package before the deadline.
- Rhodes Scholarship applications should be submitted along with documents listed below:
- Personal statement of 1000 words focusing on why an applicant deserves the scholarship.
- Academic Transcripts from previous Institution (English translations, if required)
- Letters of Recommendation (list of referees along with relevant details)
- Valid Indian Passport
- Updated Resume (not more than 2 pages)
- A valid photograph of the candidate in jpg format.
- IELTS or TOEFL score.