The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2023-2024 is a fully-funded award for international college students. This Swiss government excellence scholarships is available for master’s, doctoral, and postdoctoral study. This award gives a monthly stipend, tuition waiver, health insurance, airfare, and a housing stipend.
The Federal Commission of Scholarships (FCS) and the Swiss government support the Swiss Scholarship. Swiss Government Scholarship provides grants to over 180 countries. Participants of any Nationality may participate. This Swiss government excellence scholarships is open to highly qualified postgraduate researchers from all academic disciplines and young medical physicians.
Research scholarships are awarded for research or study at all Swiss cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences, and the two federal institutes of technology. The Research Scholarship is available to post-graduate researchers in any field (with a minimum master’s degree) who are planning to pursue research or further studies at the doctoral or post-doctoral level in Switzerland.
Details of the Swiss government excellence scholarships
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD, Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): Swiss Government / Swiss Universities
- Country: Switzerland
- Opportunity Focus Areas: See types below.
- Program Period: Depends on the chosen degree.
- Deadline: Country specific. You can check from here
Types of Swiss Government
- The research fellowship is accessible to post-graduate researchers in any field (who hold at least a master’s degree) who are going to do doctoral or post-doctoral research or study in Switzerland.
For research or study at all Swiss cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences, the two federal institutes of technology, and the four research institutes, research scholarships are offered. Only candidates submitted by a faculty advisor at one of these colleges or universities will be considered.
- Art students who desire to pursue a master’s degree in Switzerland are eligible for available scholarships.Art scholarships are available for studies at any Swiss conservatory or art university. This award is only offered to students from a select few countries.
see also: 15 Best Pre Law Schools in the US
Benefits of the Swiss government excellence scholarships
- The monthly value of the scholarship is CHF 1,920.
- Only for non-EU and non-EFTA grantees is mandatory Swiss health insurance covered by the FCS.
- No family allowances exist.
- Non-EU and non-EFTA scholarship recipients receive a flight stipend (lump money) for a return ticket to their home country (provided at the end of the scholarship).
- Special housing allowance of CHF 300 (paid once at the beginning of the scholarship).
- Half-price public transportation pass for one year.
- Support services and a variety of vacations, banquets, and sightseeing tours are planned for recipients of the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship.
- Refer to the country-specific fact sheets for details on individual scholarship perks.
see also: 10 Best colleges in Baltimore
Eligibility of the Swiss government excellence scholarships
- Language Required: English
- All countries in the world are eligible.
- Master’s degree or an equivalent university degree earned before to July 31, 2022 (degree certificate) that is acknowledged by the Swiss university. Before the start of the scholarship, the degree must be presented to the Federal Commission for Scholarships as proof.
- Candidates must have been born after December 31, 1987.
- Applicants who have lived in Switzerland for more than a year prior to the September start date of the scholarship are ineligible.
- Applicants are required to submit a letter from an academic host professor (together with a brief curriculum vitae) at the selected Swiss university explaining why he or she is ready to supervise and support the research. Without this evidence, the application will be denied.
- Applicants are required to submit a research proposal with a timeline. This is the most important aspect of the application. The applicant must give it all the necessary attention.
- Applicants must possess the required language proficiency for the research/studies.
- Applicants who have already received a Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship are ineligible to submit a second application.
- Scholarship recipients are expected to relocate to Switzerland during the duration of their grants.
How to Apply for the Swiss government excellence scholarships
Please follow the steps below when applying for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships:
(1) Prepare the documents listed below:
- Typed and printed FCS application form bearing your signature
- A complete curriculum vitae containing a list of scholarly papers and honors
- A motivation letter (max. 2 pages).
- A comprehensive research proposal (no more than 5 pages, signed) utilizing only the FCS research proposal template
- A copy of the letter from an academic host professor at the selected Swiss university (with her/his brief CV) indicating why she/he is willing to supervise and assist the research.
- A concise curriculum vitae of the mentor at the home institution.
- Two confidential recommendation letters from two professors in the applicant’s profession (use exclusively the FCS reference form – originals in sealed envelopes only for the 1st set). No copies for the second set.
- Beginning with the most recent, photocopies of certificates and grade sheets from previously attended universities/colleges and diplomas with grades. If not in English, French, Italian, or German, with English translations attested and approved. Not required to produce original certificates.
- Signed medical certificate (use only the FCS health certificate form).
- Two passport copies for the applicant (main page with personal data). Dual nationals are required to submit copies of both passports. Applicants residing in Switzerland during the application process must include a copy of their Swiss residence permit.
(2) The application package can be obtained from your country’s Swiss delegation.
(3) Please provide two sets (one original and one copy) of the following application documents: The first set includes the original, signed documents as well as the secret letters of recommendation and, if relevant, the English translations that have been attested. The second set is identical to the first set with the exception of the confidential letters of recommendation (only 1st set). No copies for the second set.
FAQs On Swiss government excellence scholarships
What is Swiss Government Excellence scholarships?
The Switzerland government scholarship 2023-2024 is intended for highly motivated, competitive young researchers who have graduated from university (postgraduates). These scholarships will enable applicants to undertake research work in the fields in which the Swiss universities are particularly active.
Can I get full scholarship in Switzerland?
The application process for a Swiss government scholarship is free of charge. Swiss government scholarships are offered by the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students exclusively via Switzerland's official diplomatic representations in the applicants' countries of origin.
Which country is easy to get scholarship?
Germany. A particularly popular country for admission among students from all over the world. No wonder: In Germany almost all universities are free of charge and the country's largest scholarship fund — DAAD — provides a scholarship to cover living expenses.
How much GPA is required for fully funded scholarship?
Must have first division (in annual examination system) or CGPA 3.0 out of 4.0 or 75% marks in the final degree for PhD Scholarships.
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023 (Fully Funded)
- Italian Government Scholarship 2023
- Imperial College London PhD Scholarship 2023
- Harvard University MBA scholarship 2023
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2023
- Government Of Ireland Scholarship 2023
- University Of Sussex Graduate UK Scholarship 2023 (Funded)
- Orange Knowledge Program Scholarship 2023 (Fully Funded)