The Shanghai Government Scholarship (SGS) is open to international students seeking to pursue higher education at educational institutions in Shanghai, China for the 2021-2022 academic year. SGS (Shanghai Government Scholarship) was founded in 2006 with the aim of developing international student education in Shanghai and attracting more and more brilliant international students.
Details of the shanghai scholarship
Level: undergraduate, masters, phd
Deadline: Each year between January and June
Funding: Up to CNY3500 per month is covered by this scholarship to cover tuition fees, accommodation, medical insurance, and living expenses.
Eligible Nationalities: open to all international students
Type of study: full time study
Field of study: Philosophy, economics, law, education, literature, history, management, science, engineering, agriculture, medicine, and fine arts.
Eligibility of the shanghai scholarship:
The following requirements must be met in order to qualify for the Shanghai Government Scholarship:
- Required Languages: Applicants should have a Chinese proficiency level of HSK4 and meet the language requirements of the applied university.
- Eligible Countries: All countries except China.
- Non-Chinese citizens and in good health are required.
- Candidates for the pre-college program must have a high school diploma and be under 23 years old.
- A high school diploma and a minimum age of 25 are requirements for the bachelor degree program.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35 to qualify for the master’s program.
- Candidates for the doctoral degree program must hold a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Academically outstanding.
- Meeting the admission requirements of the applied university and program.
- A candidate who has received any other scholarship offered by the Chinese government or organizations is not eligible to apply to SGS.
Benefits of the shanghai scholarship:
Type A (Full Scholarship)
- Students are exempt from the full tuition fee.
- On-campus accommodations
- Insurance coverage that is comprehensive
- Living Expenses:
- CNY3500: Doctoral program
- CNY3000 is the graduate program
- CNY2500: Undergraduate program
Type B (Partial Scholarship)
- The school provides comprehensive medical insurance and is exempt from tuition fees.
How to apply for the shanghai scholarship:
To apply for the Shanghai Government Scholarship, please follow these steps:
- You can register and apply online at http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/en/ise.html. Complete the online application and download the application form.
- An applicant should register and apply online on the university’s website (a list of universities is provided above). Apply online and pay the application fee (if applicable).
- The application form can be downloaded and printed after you submit the online application. Send two hard copies of the application documents (1 set of originals and 1 set of photocopies) to the university where you have applied.
- Application Form at http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/en/ise.html
- Transcripts (notarized photocopies): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be accompanied by notarized translations into Chinese or English.
- (Notarized photocopy of highest diploma):
- Copy of health certificate and blood test. Make sure you have your original documents with you when entering China.
- Passport photocopy, including all Chinese visa pages.
- Certificates of achievement from your high school (not mandatory).
- A letter of guarantee from a guardian is required for applicants under 18.
- You might miss some IMPORTANT INFORMATION if you don’t check your email regularly and make sure your email address is accurate.
- Both in your application account and on the International Students’ Office website, the result of your application will be announced.
- To register, admitted students must bring their original graduation certificates and diplomas on the dates specified in their admission letter. Students who fail to provide the appropriate certificates will have their enrollment cancelled.
Deadline of the shanghai scholarship: Each year between January and June