Pre Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities is a scholarship program provided by the Indian government to help students from economically disadvantaged groups of society who are studying pre-matriculation education.
The fellowship aims to motivate underprivileged students to finish their studies and raise their academic standing. The scholarship, which covers tuition fees, test fees, and other education-related costs, is available to students in grades 1 through 10.
The Pre Matric Scholarship is provided by the Ministry for Minority Affairs. As a separate government agency, the ministry was created in 2006 to promote the welfare and development of religious minorities, particularly Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, and Parsis. To apply for this award, the student must fill out an application and submit the necessary paperwork.
The amount of the scholarship is chosen by the state government. These funds can be used by the students to pay for their tuition, books, uniforms, and other essentials. This program offers the students financial support, a sense of community, and motivation to pursue their study further. Several minority community students have benefited from this program and been assisted in pursuing higher education.
Requirements for Pre Matric Scholarship
- Students in classes one through ten who are members of minority communities are given the pre-matric scholarship.
- The student must present an income certificate from a competent authority in the state government attesting that the combined income of their parents or guardians does not exceed Rs 1 lakh annually.
- Also, the student must present a community certificate that they have self-certified or one that their parent or legal guardian has given.
- The student’s prior final exam grade must have been at least 50%.
- Students of all faiths, including Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, and Parsis, are eligible for the grant.
- The youngster must attend a public or private school that is approved by the federal or state governments.
- To receive the scholarship money into their bank account directly, the student must present a legitimate bank account number and IFSC code.
- There cannot be any other scholarships offered by the federal or state governments that the student is receiving.
- The pupil must not have left school early at any grade level.
- A student application must be submitted online.
Pre Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
Pre Matric Scholarship For Students With Disabilities has been introduced for the students pursuing or doing pre-matric classes in order to address the lakhs or thousands of kids who wish to study more or higher but won’t be allowed to do so due to their disability marks. Students will get variable scholarship amounts according on the category of disabilities to which they belong.
Pre Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities was established by the Department of Empowerment of People with Disabilities so that the government could achieve social and economic equality between citizens in the normal category and pupils in the person with disability quota. Several pupils have given up on finishing their pre-Matric education as a result of this discrepancy.
Pre Matric Scholarship Program Highlights
The highlights of this Pre Matric Scholarship are as follows: –
|Name Of The Scholarship||Pre Matric Scholarship For Students With Disabilities|
|Launched By||Department of Empowerment For Person With Disabilities|
|Delegated Ministries||Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology
Ministry of Empowerment For Person With Disabilities
|No. of Delegated Ministries||2|
|Allocated Portal||National Scholarship Portal (NSP)|
|Objective||To provide equal opportunities among the students of PWD categories|
|Benefit||Financial assistance will be given for studying Pre-matric classes|
|Applicable To||Citizens of India|
|Student Category||Person With Disabilities|
|Scholarship Reservation for Girls||30% to 50%|
|Mode Of Transfer||DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)|
|Payment Mechanism||e-payment mechanism|
|Form of Benefit||Scholarship amount|
|Amount of benefit||May be varying from one scholarship scheme to another|
|Hosting Site||National Information Center (NIC)|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
|Mobile Application||National Scholarships (NSP)|
|Office Address||National Scholarship Division,
Ministry of Human Resource Development,
Department of Higher Education,
West Block 1,
Room No. 6,
R. K. Puram,
New Delhi 110066
|Helpline Number||0120 – 6619540|
Objectives Of Pre Matric Scholarship For Person With Disabilities
The Pre Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities was established with the sole goal of lowering the dropout rates among PWDs, which are typically caused by the difficulties that these students experience. Each disadvantaged student will receive a scholarship to attend lessons in grades 9 and 10.
Pre Matric Scholarship For Students With Disabilities’s other goal is to raise the educational bar for PWD students in grades 9 and 10 at the pre-matric stage so they can better prepare themselves for finding employment that will allow them to fit in with society.
The lists of eligible classes are as follows:-
- Class 9th
- Class 10th
There are 2 student types which are as follows:-
The categories of beneficiaries who will be permitted and granted permission to get registered under this Pre Matric Scholarship program are subject to specific restrictions set up by the government. Students with disabilities such as visual impairment, hearing impairment, physical disability, and cerebral disability will be given preference when it comes to receiving financial aid.
The number of the Pre Matric Scholarships to be awarded for the year has also been limited to a minimum by the Department of Empowerment for Persons with Disabilities. Around 25,000 disadvantaged children receive scholarships each year for grades 9 and 10. It is obvious that there will be about 25000 scholarships given out.
The following allowances are covered under this scholarship:-
- Maintenance Compensation
- Grant for Books
- Book Allowance
Rate Of Scholarship
The rate of the Pre Matric Scholarship are as follows:-
|Maintenance Allowance for 12 months||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 800/-|
|Book Allowance||Rs. 1000/-||Rs. 1000/-|
The rate of disability allowance for per annum are as follows:-
|Visually Impaired||Rs. 4000/- per annum|
|Hearing-Impaired||Rs. 2,000/- per annum|
|Physically Disabled||Rs. 2,000/- per annum|
|Intellectual Disability||Rs. 4,000/- per annum|
Some Other Allowances
The rates of other allowances are as follows:-
|Monthly Reader Allowance||Rs. 160/-|
|Monthly Transport Allowance||Rs. 160/-|
|Monthly Escort Allowance||Rs. 160/-|
|Monthly Helper Allowance||Rs. 160/-|
|Monthly Coaching Allowance||Rs. 240/-|
In the selection process handled by the selection body, selection criteria play a significant and crucial role. The type of impairment the student has will be the primary criterion used by the selection committee to determine whether or not to award them a Pre Matric Scholarship scholarship. Students must adhere to the given requirements and include the necessary supporting documentation with their application.
Read Also: 10 Top Accounting Certifications in Canada
Maximum Yearly Income
Yearly Income Limit is a key selection criterion that influences student selection. The student must meet the income threshold that the selection committee has mandated. The family’s gross annual income must be at least Rs. 2,50,000. If it does, it will expressly say that the student is capable of paying his or her tuition.
The following are some of the key announcements made by the government:-
- All students are required to be aware that 50% of the scholarship quota will go to female applicants. In the event that there are insufficient female applicants, the government-mandated norms and regulations will dictate that the female candidates’ quota reservation will be transferred to the male candidates.
- Just two children will receive scholarship aid if there are more than two students or children in the family; the additional children will not be eligible for this chance.
- After carefully reviewing their provided paperwork and forms, the selection committee will compile a list of the eligible beneficiaries.
- Due to the implementation of the PFMS system, students will be able to receive scholarship amounts in a cashless format.
Reservation Of Female Scholarship Quota
The government has taken several significant measures to pique the interest of female students and candidates. Pre-Matric and post-Matric female students who were first in their class will be given a 50% reservation of the scholarship spots. If the required quorum of female applicants is not present, the slots may also be shifted to male applicants.
Mandatory Fields To Be Filled
- Applicant Name
- Father Name
- Mother’s Name
- Domicile State
- Correspondence Address
- Email Id
- Educational Qualifications
- Course Name Currently pursuing
Advantages Of Pre-Matric Scholarship For Disabled Students
The following are the advantages of this scholarship:-
- Students from PWD Communities will receive financial aid from the Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disability.
- The ability to receive financial support and assistance will be available to students.
- The PWD Scholars and Hostelers will receive a scholarship in the range of Rs. 500 to Rs. 800.
- The pupils will be allowed to complete their ninth and tenth grade coursework.
- The pupils would receive an annual disability stipend ranging from Rs. 2,000 to Rs. 4,000.
- The pupils will receive financial support in the form of reader, transport, escort, and helper allowances totaling Rs. 160.
- The scholarship money will be available to the students for a full year.
- Most allowances will be covered by the scholarship money awarded to the students.
- By the deadline, students must submit an online application for the Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities.
- There will be a 50% scholarship quota set up for female students.
Pre Matric Scholarships For Pupils With Disabilities: Highlights
The following are some characteristics of this scholarship:-
- The Pre Matric Scholarship For Pupils With Disabilities has been introduced by the Department of Empowerment For People With Disabilities.
- The recipients of this grant must be students who have received a disability-related grade.
- The kid must be enrolled in either class 9 or 10.
- The hostel residents will receive a maintenance allowance of Rs. 800.
- A monthly scholarship award of Rs. 500 will be provided to scholars.
- The students will get book grants and disability allowances on an annual basis.
- A 50% scholarship quota will be set aside for female students in order to provide them with the right possibilities.
- Students will receive a coaching grant each month in the amount of Rs. 240.
- Before the deadline, the scholars will be asked to submit their online applications for the Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities.
- The pupils must go to the official website to obtain additional information.
The following qualifying requirements must be met by applicants in order to register online for this scholarship:-
- Candidate must be enrolled in school.
- The student must be a permanent citizen of India.
- He or she must qualify as a person with a disability (PWD).
- The student must be enrolled in ninth and tenth grade classes.
- 40% of the disability must be present in the applicant.
- The applicant’s yearly salary must be at least Rs. 2.50 lakhs.
Some of the important documents to apply online under this scholarship are as follows:-
- Aadhar Card
- DOB certificate
- Annual Income Certificate
- Latest Passport Size Photograph
- Bank accounts details
- Educational Certificates
- Active Mobile number for receiving OTPs
- Working Email Id for future reference
- Disability Certificate
If there are any queries and questions coming t your mind regarding the Pre Matric Scholarship For Students With Disabilities, then you can contact the mentioned below office address and helpline no., email ID: –
- Office Address:-
- National Scholarship Division,
- Ministry of Human Resource Development,
- Department of Higher Education,
- West Block 1, 2nd Floor,
- Wing 6,
- Room No. 6,
- R. K. Puram,
- Sector 1,
- New Delhi 110066
- Helpline No: – 0120 – 6619540
- Email ID:- email@example.com
FAQs on Pre Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
What is the use of pre matric scholarship?
The scholarship at pre-matric level will encourage parents from minority communities to send their school going children to school, lighten their financial burden on school education and sustain their efforts to support their children to complete school education.
How much is up pre matric scholarship?
From the Pre-matric program the General category students will get 25,546 INR (Urban Area) and In rural areas 19,884 INR and in the ST & SC category students will get 30k INR.
What is National scholarship Scheme for disabled students?
Financial assistance will be available to Indian students with at least 40% disabilities certified as per definition under Persons with Disabilities Act 1995. Financial assistance will be given for pursuing post-Matric/Post-Secondary technical and professional courses including Ph. D & M.
Recommended for you: