The Neporany doctorate Fellowship is an esteemed initiative created to aid outstanding doctorate candidates in achieving academic excellence and cutting-edge research. The fellowship was started in 2005 with the intention of giving worthy people access to funding, mentorship, and networking opportunities. Fellowship winners join a prestigious academic community and have access to beneficial resources that advance their academic and professional development.
Students from a range of academic disciplines, including but not limited to the social sciences, humanities, natural sciences, and engineering, are eligible for the Neporany Doctoral Fellowship. The program promotes multidisciplinary research and accepts applications from candidates with ground-breaking and novel concepts.
The fellowship uses a stringent application procedure to find people who have excellent academic potential, intellectual curiosity, and a desire to make substantial contributions to their areas.
By the start of the fellowship, candidates must have earned their master’s degree or its equivalent in order to be eligible for the Neporany Doctoral Fellowship. They should also have a proven track record in the classroom, as shown by their grades, research background, and publications, if any. The fellowship places a strong emphasis on cooperation and involvement with peers and mentors, so applicants must also have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
Details of the Neporany Doctoral Fellowship:
- Country: Canada
- University: University Of British Columbia
- Level Of Study: Doctoral
- Sponsored By: Canadian Foundation for Ukrainian Studies
- Value: $5,000 to $20,000.
The Neporany PhD Fellowship is available from the Canadian Foundation for Ukrainian Studies to PhD candidates with a focus on Ukraine in the social sciences, economics, politics, or related fields (social sciences, economics, political, and social studies). People who are finishing their dissertations, students enrolled in Canadian universities, and Canadian citizens and residents will be given preference.
The value of this award could be between $5,000 and $20,000. The Neporany Fellowship may be given in conjunction with other awards. This fellowship is either reduced or cancelled if more than $30,000 has been contributed overall. A full academic year may be covered by the fellowship.
The Osyp and Josaphat Neporany Educational Fund was established in 1978 as a result of the wishes of the late Osyp and Josaphat Neporany and CFUS. The main goal of the Fund was to provide funding for post-doctoral studies, research grants, bursaries, and scholarships in the fields of economics, political science, and related fields.
The Neporany Fellowship Program was subsequently launched to give financing. It has supported postgraduate exchanges, grants, scholarships, and fellowships for instruction and research over the years. It was initially created in 1982.
The main goal of the Neporany Fellows Program is to provide recently graduated students with the opportunity to develop their academic standing by providing teaching positions or financing for research that leads to publications. The Fellowship is now available to Doc who recently completed their dissertations.
The annual award recognizes academic excellence and the excellence of the research/dissertation proposal. The conditions of the award and the evaluation process will be decided by the University of Alberta-based Canadian Institute of Ukrainian Studies (CIUS). The Canadian Foundation for Ukrainian Studies (CFUS) is in charge of overseeing and managing the Educational Fund.
- The Neporany fellowship may be offered in addition to other awards, but it will be canceled or reduced if the total value of all awards (including this fellowship) reaches $30,000.
- One academic year is the duration of the fellowship.
- Candidates for the Neporany Doctoral Fellowship must have studied economics, politics, or a related subject in college in Ukraine (including economic social sciences, economics, politics, and social history).
- This gives Canadian history, university students studying there, and dissertation writers precedence.
- The fellowship will be awarded to the chosen individuals for one academic year.
- Information on awards that have been accepted or requested
Benefits of the Neporany Doctoral Fellowship
A comprehensive package of advantages and money is provided by the Neporany Doctoral Fellowship to assist the chosen applicants in completing their doctoral degrees. The fellowship is extremely competitive and offers chances for financial support, mentoring, and professional development. The fellowship offers the following advantages and financial support:
- Stipend: As part of the Neporany Doctoral Fellowship, recipients get a sizeable stipend to help with living expenses while pursuing their doctoral degrees. The stipend amount is established in accordance with the local cost of living at the university or other organization where the beneficiary is enrolled.
- Tuition and Fees: For the duration of the PhD program, the scholarship will pay all tuition and associated costs. This guarantees that the winners can concentrate only on their academic and scientific endeavors without being constrained by financial commitments.
- Grants for Research and Travel: The fellowship offers grants for research and travel to assist the recipients in their research endeavors. These funding may be used for costs associated with conducting research, such as gathering data, buying equipment, going to conferences, etc.
- Mentorship and Networking: Recipients of the Neporany Doctoral Fellowship have access to a network of eminent academics who serve as mentors and peers. The mentorship program helps the participants traverse their academic and professional journeys by offering direction, support, and insightful advice.
- Professional Development Opportunities: To improve the grantees’ research and professional skills, the fellowship arranges conferences, workshops, and seminars. These chances give the beneficiaries the chance to learn more, build their networks, and keep up with the most recent developments in their area of study.
Eligibility for the Neporany Doctoral Fellowship
To be eligible for the Neporany Doctoral Fellowship, applicants must fulfill a series of strict eligibility requirements. These requirements guarantee that the fellowship is given to deserving candidates who have the potential to succeed academically. The following are the requirements for the Neporany Doctoral Fellowship:
- Background in education: Candidates must hold a master’s degree in their field of study, or an equivalent degree. The university or other organization where the degree was earned should be respected.
- Academic Excellence: Candidates must have a good academic history, as evidenced by their excellent academic standing and accomplishments. Research experience, scholarly publications, and presentations at conferences or seminars are also given the benefit of the doubt.
- Research Proposal: Applicants must submit a thorough research proposal explaining the doctorate study they propose to conduct. The objectives, approach, and anticipated results of the research should all be clearly stated in the proposal.
- Language Proficiency: Successful completion of the PhD program requires proficiency in the language of teaching. Candidates must submit proof of their language skills, such as transcripts or test results.
- Letters of Recommendation: Candidates must submit letters of support from professors or other experts who can speak to their academic ability and abilities. These letters ought to shed light on the applicant’s aptitude for research, drive, and fellowship appropriateness.
Neporany Doctoral Fellowship Application Process
The Neporany Doctoral Fellowship application process is simple yet extremely competitive. To be eligible for consideration for the fellowship, applicants must closely adhere to the requirements and submit all necessary documentation. The steps involved in the application procedure are as follows:
- Study and Identifying Appropriate Programs: Candidates should conduct in-depth study on the PhD programs provided by universities or other organizations that fit with their areas of interest in research. Before submitting an application, it is crucial to confirm if the program qualifies for the Neporany Doctoral Fellowship.
- Prepare Application Materials: Applicants are needed to compile all necessary application materials, which normally include a completed application form, academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, a research proposal, and, if necessary, results of language proficiency tests. Prior to submission, it is essential to thoroughly study and proofread each document.
- Application Submission: After completing all necessary steps, applicants should submit their applications either online through the appropriate site or by mail, as directed by the fellowship. It is crucial that the application be turned in by the deadline.
- Selection Process: The Neporany Doctoral Fellowship selection procedure includes a careful examination of the applicants’ academic credentials, research proposal, letters of recommendation, and other supporting documentation. Candidates who have made the short list can be requested for more information or given an interview invitation.
- Results notification: Those who are chosen for the fellowship will be informed of their selection. Applicants can anticipate receiving the results within a few months of the application deadline, while the precise timing may vary based on the fellowship’s schedule.
- A cover letter that includes your postal address, phone number(s), email, citizenship or residency paperwork (if you’re a Canadian resident), and
- Transcripts, a current CV, and a recent resume.
- A summary of the thesis (1,250–2,500 words)
- Two recommendation letters, one of which is from their thesis advisor.