Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarships is currently open! International undergraduate students who perform academically are given the International Undergraduate Scholarship in acknowledgment of their achievements.
- Degree Level: Bachelor’s
- End date: May 31, 2023
- Study In: Australia
- Course Starts: Sept. 2023.
- Host Institution: University of Melbourne, Australia
- Field of study: Any of the University of Melbourne’s undergraduate degrees
- Awards: Approximately 1000.
- Target audience: Foreign students
Scholarship Worth and Components
This award offers one of the following:
- $10,000 in waivers of undergraduate tuition fees in the first year,
- 50% of the three years of an undergraduate degree’s fees are waived, or
- 100% of the fees for a three-year undergraduate degree are waived.
Eligibility for Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarships
In order to be eligible for the Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarships, you must:
- Not be a permanent resident of Australia and have citizenship from a nation other than Australia or New Zealand.
- Have been given a firm offer for a course in undergrad.
- Have achieved excellent grades in their last year of school, including:
– GCE A-levels: a minimum of three numerical A* grades and an average score of 93% in the top three subjects.
– The majority of Australian Foundation Studies: a minimum 98% overall outcome
– International Baccalaureate (IB): a minimum 42-point score
– US High School: a GPA of at least 3.9 and an ACT or SAT score of at least 31 or 1500, respectively
– A grade of at least 97% overall is required for Canada Secondary School.
– A cumulative score of at least 95% on the India Secondary School Examination (CBSE, ISCE, or State Board Exam).
– At least a 90 total score for Vietnam High School
- Not have done any postsecondary courses in the past, with the exception of extension studies finished as part of a year 12 programme;
Application is not necessary. Automatic consideration for this award will be given to you. All qualified candidates who have been unconditionally admitted to a bachelor’s degree programme will be taken into consideration. For Semester 1, 2023, the deadline for applications was October 31, 2022, and for Semester 2, 2023, it was May 31, 2023.
In order to obtain the application form and receive comprehensive instructions on how to apply for this scholarship, it is crucial to go to the official website.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I obtain an undergraduate scholarship from Melbourne International?
The Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship will be automatically assessed for applicants who apply for the undergraduate programme at the University of Melbourne through the standard admissions process.
Which Australian university awards the most undergraduate scholarships?
The University of Melbourne Scholarship offers the most free master's, MPhil, and doctoral degrees for domestic and international students to study in Australia.
Is Australia accepting of 2.4 GPA?
For the majority of bachelor degree programmes at Australian universities, a solid first division or at least a GPA of 2.8 in NEB or an equivalent is the fundamental entry criterion. For admittance into Bachelor degree programmes, students who have completed their A-levels must have 3.5 A-level credits and an overall A-level grade of C.
What is the ielts score minimal for institutions in Australia?
In general, you must have an IELTS score of at least 6.5 overall, with no band lower than 6.0 for your postgraduate degree, in order to study in Australia.
How to Improve your Chances of Getting a Scholarship
How can I make sure my scholarship application stands out? you may be wondering. Here are few methods to accomplish it.
1. Maintain Organization
When submitting applications for grants and scholarships, organization is essential. Whether it’s an athletic scholarship, a merit scholarship, or a grant for college, you’ll probably have to submit a number of paperwork. Typically, applications for scholarships call for transcripts, letters of recommendation, and even an essay.
Don’t put off finishing your applications until the last minute, and try making a calendar to keep track of scholarship deadlines. When the time comes to apply, be prepared with a list of your volunteer work, extracurricular activities, and transcripts. Throughout the year, keep the list updated to make sure that everything is correct for your scholarship applications.
2. Ask for Recommendation Letters in advance
Make sure to inquire at least four weeks in advance if you need letters of recommendation from professors, mentors, coaches, bosses, classmates, or anybody else. They will have plenty of time to finish it because of this. You should offer them a file with all of your personal details, accomplishments, honors, details about the scholarship, leadership activity, and a résumé to make the process easier for them.
Even if the scholarship doesn’t demand one, you can be given the choice to include additional pertinent documents in your application. Your chances of making a positive impression on the scholarship committee can be increased with a strong letter of recommendation.
3. Pay Close Attention to the Requirements and Details
Many scholarships offer rules for submitting your application, such as formatting requirements for essays, additional submission deadlines, or required attachments. Your application’s chances of being accepted or rejected can depend on how closely you follow instructions and conditions. Make sure you are adhering to the guidelines and conditions of the scholarship by checking them again.
4. Avoid Pasting Copied and Pasted Essays.
Every scholarship essay is unique, as are the prompts. Because of this, it’s crucial that you DON’T reuse your scholarship essays. Essays will need to demonstrate your various objectives and who you are. Even if you make minor edits to previously published pieces, such as changing names and dates, the judges could still be able to discern that you didn’t create a unique piece of writing specifically for them.
5. Recognize Your Sponsor
This is crucial to adding personality to your essay. Do your homework on the scholarship’s sponsor. It could be a corporation, cult, brand, small business, financial aid office, or even a specific person. Learn about their goals, activities, causes, donations, and any other details that can be useful. This foundational information can assist you in tailoring your essay to that organization, creating a more distinctive composition.
6. Highlight What Makes You Special
Many scholarships are awarded depending on the uniqueness of the candidate. A remarkable essay will be greatly aided by the expression of your distinctive hobbies and points of view. Share the events and hobbies that make YOU special.
The experiences you share need not be restricted to only your senior year. High school sports are popular, but perhaps you offered to help coach young athletes. Many college students work part-time jobs, but perhaps you established a workplace giving campaign. Think about what you can say about yourself that most people can’t.
- Schwarzman Scholars Program at Tsinghua University
- Teesside University International Scholarships 2023
- DAAD Scholarships in Germany for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses
- King Abdullah University Scholarship 2023-24 in Saudi Arabia
- Singapore Government Scholarships 2023-24