Twenty students are accepted each year into the Levine Scholarship Program, which offers them the community, support system, and tools they need to get ready for lives of visionary leadership and beneficial societal influence.
- Target: United States citizens or lawful permanent residents of the United States
- Benefits: The entire tuition, accommodation and board, books, required fees, a $8,000 service grant, and four summer experiences are all included in the four-year scholarship. Researchers gain from: networking in the workplace. Individualized mentoring.
- Level: In any discipline, at the college or university level.
- Host Insitution: University of North Carolina (UNC) – United States
- Deadline: Closed
Levine Scholarship Description
The Levine Scholars Program at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte is looking for exceptional high school seniors who can provide evidence of experience, motivation, and commitment. A four-year full undergraduate experience is created through the curriculum, integrating coursework, extracurricular activities, community service, and leadership opportunities. Each year, it gives scholarships to about 20 incoming freshmen.
Outstanding high school seniors who are eager to begin a life-changing college experience are sought after by the Levine Scholars Program. requirements consist of:
Following high school graduation, students must apply to UNC Charlotte for freshman enrollment in an undergraduate program for the fall semester. Note: To be eligible for a Levine Scholarship, applicants must be accepted to UNC Charlotte.
- Students must be citizens or legal residents of the United States.
- Students must have a dedication to community service, have academic accomplishments that reflect a persistent love of learning, and be capable of ethical leadership that holds other students to a higher level.
- The Levine Scholarship does not have minimum requirements for SAT, ACT, or grade point averages; rather, applicants must demonstrate academic excellence as well as experience, motivation, and dedication to the program’s goals.
Also Read: Best Medical Schools in Tennessee 2023
The four-step nomination/application process for the Levine Scholars Program entails the following steps:
1. Self-nomination or Nomination by the School:
Students must either self-nominate online or be nominated by their current high school’s guidance counselor. There is no cap on the number of high school pupils that can be nominated. Students who are homeschooled may nominate themselves or be nominated by a professor or teacher who is not connected to them. On August 15, the self-nomination and school nomination forms will be made accessible online. The deadline for nominations is October 8.
- For the current application cycle, you can access the self-nomination questionnaire here beginning on August 15. We kindly ask that you take your time in responding to the questionnaire in order to determine your eligibility for the Levine Scholarship. Your ability to access the self-nomination form will be based on how you answered the questionnaire.
2. UNC Charlotte Admissions Application:
You can find instructions on how to access, complete, and submit the online freshman admissions application at this link. By November 1st, applications for undergraduate admissions must be submitted.
- The SAT or ACT submission is optional.
- Test results, if provided, will not be the main factor in our choice; rather, they will be taken into account along with other factors.
3. Submission of an Additional LEVINE Scholarship Application
Following their nomination, students will receive an email directing them to the Levine Scholars Portal, where they can access the additional scholarship application and essay prompts. Students must finish Section A of the application as soon as possible in order to email people who will be providing letters of recommendation. By November 16, the full supplemental application must be finished and submitted online.
4. Online Recommendation Submission:
Only two recommendations will be necessary, however students may have up to three recommendations filed on their behalf. The first required recommendation should come from someone who is personally familiar with the applicant’s academic potential and achievements, and the second required recommendation should come from someone who is personally acquainted with the applicant’s commitment to volunteerism and ethical leadership. The third recommendation is optional and might come from anyone who has interacted with the student in a professional or social situation. A reference from someone who has firsthand knowledge of their academic potential and achievements is encouraged in order to better align the Levine scholarship application with other merit scholarship applications at UNC Charlotte.
When submitting the supplemental scholarship application, students will be requested to provide the names and email addresses of their two mandatory recommenders and one optional recommender. An email with a link to the online recommendation form will be issued to the recommenders right away. The deadline for submitting recommendations is November 16.
Important Dates and Deadlines
- July 2022: Information about nominations is sent by the Levine Scholars Program to high schools in North Carolina and a few other states.
- 15 August 2022: High school counselors and college advisors can get the nomination form for the school online.
- 8 October 2022: The Levine Scholars Program nomination deadline for students is today. The Levine Scholars Program has a deadline for students to self-nominate.
- January 1, 2022: Deadline for candidates to send UNC Charlotte Undergraduate Admissions a finished freshman admissions application.
- 16 November 2022: The deadline for nominees to submit their online Levine Scholars supplemental applications. By this date, all recommendations must also be submitted online.
- 30 November 2022: Through the Future 49er portal, semifinalists and all other applicants are informed of their standing.
- 4. January 2023. All applicants, including finalists, are informed of their status via the Future 49er portal.
- 12 and 13 February 2023: Program for Levine Scholars Finalists
- March 1, 2023: Through the Future 49er portal, recipients and all other candidates are informed of their status.
- April 15, 2023: The recipient’s notification to the Levine Scholars office that they have accepted a scholarship offer.
Also Read: 10 Best Communication Colleges in the US
How will I know that Levine Scholars has Received my Application Materials?
You can check the status of your scholarship documents by signing into the Future 49er Portal after submitting the online portions of the scholarship application. You are responsible for making sure that the Office of Undergraduate Admissions gets your official high school transcript, official SAT/ACT scores, and authorized fee waiver by November 1 and that your recommenders have submitted their letters of recommendation by the November 16 deadline. Applications that are incomplete won’t be accepted.
- For applicants who are freshmen, taking the SAT or ACT is optional.
- IF test results are provided, they will not be the main factor in our admissions decision; rather, they will be taken into account along with other factors.
Frequently Asked Questions
What criteria apply to the Levine Scholarship?
Candidates must be citizens or legal residents of the United States. Students must have a dedication to community service, have academic accomplishments that reflect a persistent love of learning, and be capable of ethical leadership that holds other students to a higher level.
What is the value of the Levine Scholarship?
The complete tuition, accommodation and board, books, required fees, a $8,000 service grant, and four summer internships are all included in the four-year scholarship. Researchers gain from: networking in the workplace. Individualized mentoring.
What is the Levine Scholars Program?
Outstanding high school seniors who are eager to begin a life-changing college experience are sought after by the Levine Scholars Program.
How many students are awarded the Levine Scholars?
Twenty students are accepted each year into the Levine Scholars Program, which offers them the community, support system, and tools they need to get ready for lives of visionary leadership and beneficial societal influence.
TOP PICKS FOR YOU:
- Education Future International Scholarship 2023
- Study at Global Cyber University 2023
- American Musical and Dramatic Academy 2023 Review
- Is it Illegal to Quit a JOB without Notice?