About The Jason Lang Scholarship
This scholarship program gives recognition to the outstanding academic achievement of the students continuing full-time studies of Alberta post-secondary and doesn’t just stop at recognition but rewards such efforts made by the students via giving scholarship awards to students thereby encouraging them to continue in their undergraduate or professional program of study. The Jason Lang Scholarship Program was established in memory of Jason Lang. Late Jason Lang is a 17-year-old high school student who was killed in a school shooting. These scholarships are funded by the Government of Alberta through Alberta Advanced Education and are administered by the University of Alberta in conjunction with Alberta Student Aid.
Details Of Jason Lang Scholarship
DEADLINE: January 18, 2022.
TYPE OF STUDY: Full-Time Course
ELIGIBLE NATIONALITIES: Canada
Also Apply: Marie Curie Scholarship UK 2022
Eligibility For Jason Lang Scholarship
To be eligible an applicant must:
- Be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible),
- Be an Alberta resident and to be considered an Alberta resident one of the following conditions must apply: one parent or legal guardian has maintained permanent residence in Canada for at least 12 consecutive months immediately before commencing post-secondary studies and be residing in Alberta, or Alberta is the last place the student has lived for 12 consecutive months immediately before commencing post-secondary studies, or the student’s spouse/partner has maintained permanent residence in Alberta for 12 consecutive months before the person attending post-secondary.
- Be enrolled full-time in the second or subsequent year of an undergraduate program at a publicly funded post-secondary institution in Alberta,
- Have achieved a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.2 on a 4.0 point scale based on an 80% full course load in the previous fall and winter terms.
Students are not eligible for a Jason Lang Scholarship if they:
- Are enrolled in a one-year certificate program,
- Do not return to a publicly funded post-secondary institution in the fall or winter terms of the next academic year,
- Are recipients of a Louise McKinney Scholarship for the same period of study, or
- Have received the lifetime maximum of three Jason Lang Scholarships.
How to apply
Submit your completed application form to the Student Awards Office at your educational institution.
Benefits Of Jason Lang Scholarship
Jason Lang Scholarships, valued at $1,000 each, recognize and reward the outstanding academic achievement of Alberta post-secondary students and encourage them to continue in their undergraduate or professional program of study.
Also Apply: Niche $2,000 “No Essay” College Scholarship
Deadline Of Scholarship
The deadline for this scholarship is January 18, 2022