About Independence Foundation Scholarship
The Independence Foundation is a private, not-for-profit philanthropic organization serving Philadelphia and its surrounding Pennsylvania counties. The mission of the Independence Foundation is to build leadership, provide services, and encourage systems and cultural change through the support of organizations in the fields of healthcare, human services, legal aid, and the arts. The Foundation invests in people and programs that protect, improve and enrich the life experiences of residents of Philadelphia and its surrounding Pennsylvania counties, with a focus on the vulnerable and excluded. Its work is based on the belief that a region that promotes physical well-being, provides equal access to justice and services, and appreciates the value of the arts, will thrive for generations to come.
Details of Independence Foundation Scholarship
- LEVEL: College Freshman, College Sophomore, College Junior, College Senior.
- DEADLINE: December 31, 2022.
- FUNDING: Between $500 to $2,000.
- ELIGIBLE NATIONALITIES: Philadelphia and its surrounding Pennsylvania counties: Bucks, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery.
- TYPE OF STUDY: Full-Time Course
- COUNTRY: US
- FIELD OF STUDY: Various Fields.
Also apply for: INCIGHT Scholarship Program 2022
Eligibility for Independence Foundation Scholarship
- Candidates must be disabled;
- Official nominating organizations are comprised of local non-profit arts and cultural organizations who have been grantees of the Independence Foundation, and who elect persons to participate in this program.
- Criteria for nomination may include;
- Overall artistic merit;
- Future artistic promise;
- The strength of the proposed project;
- The likelihood that the project will be completed; and
- Financial need.
- All applicant artists must be Pennsylvania residents of the five county Philadelphia region (Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery or Philadelphia counties).
- All applicant artists must have 3-5 years professional experience in the visual or performing arts.
- Artists who have received an Independence Foundation Fellowship in the Arts within the last five years are ineligible.
Benefits of International Foundation Scholarship
- Award of up between $500 to $2,000 to individuals.
How to Apply
- Independence Foundation does not accept unsolicited proposals. Each year the Foundation sends out a limited number of Request For Proposals (RFP) in each of our funding initiatives.
- Organizations not previously or recently funded by Independence Foundation are encouraged to send a two page Letter of Inquiry including organizational background information, amount being requested and description of the program/services for which the funds will be used. Please note that the Independence Foundation’s funding area is restricted to Philadelphia and its surrounding Pennsylvania counties: Bucks, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery.
- For enquiries, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be required to;
- Fill out the application form;
- Write a 500 word essay about how your physical limitation(s) has/have presented challenge(s) and how you have worked to persevere despite the disability. Describe your academic/career aspirations and why you feel that you are deserving of this award.
December 31, 2022