IMF Internship program 2022 will gain an insider’s view of the member-country-focused mandate and critical international work of the IMF. Interns will build professional networks while they apply their research and analytical skills to help IMF explore questions of real importance to the organization’s member countries and to global economic stability. Whether Interns see a future for themselves in international organizations or are simply curious about policy and operational work, this is an ideal opportunity for them to familiarize with both while leveraging their gotten cutting-edge skills and expanding their research experience.
IMF recruits for the FIP on a global basis with about 50 students from around the world joining them each year at the IMF headquarters in Washington, D.C, United States of America. These paid internships take place between June and October and will run for a minimum of 10 weeks to maximum of 12 weeks.
About IMF (International Monetary Fund):
The International Monetary Fund organization works to foster global monetary cooperation, secure financial stability, promote high employment, diversity culture and sustainable economic growth, and reduce poverty to the possible extent. IMF missions work on the macroeconomic benefits of challenges such as empowering women, modernizing the global trading system, wage inequity, and climate change, provides new ideas to safeguard the stability of the international monetary and financial system and addresses the world’s most pressing macroeconomic and financial issues while providing solutions.
- Funding: Full Funding.
- Level: All levels.
- Opening: December, 2022.
- Country: United States of America.
- Host: International Monetary Fund.
- Duration of Internship: 10-12 weeks.
- Nationality: International
- Number of Interns: 50.
Field of Interns Disciplines:
- Monetary and international economics.
- Public finance.
- Financial markets
- Economics or a related field.
Eligibility of IMF Internship Program 2022:
For the Economic internship, you be enrolled in monetary and international economics, public finance, financial markets, economics or any other related field. To edge other applicants for consideration, applicants should possess strong analytical and quantitative skills and also have an excellent command of written and oral English language.
For applicants currently completing a PhD, they must be:
- Registered as an active student which signifies that they are returning to university studies after completing the internship.
- Below the age of 32 at the start of the internship.
Applying master’s degree current candidates must be:
- Registered as an active student at the time of application if not yet graduated.
- Below the age of 28 at the commencement of the internship
- Applicants who are not citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. and do not have work authorization that would allow them to work at the IMF will need a G4 visa.
Applicants of the Legal Department Internship must be:
- Within one to two years of completing an LLM, J.D, or equivalent advanced degree in law
- Provenly below the age of 32 at the commencement of the internship.
How to Apply for IMF Internship Program 2022:
- Applications for the IMF Internship Program will be open in early December. Interested students are welcome to apply for the program at that time by visiting the IMF’s website and follow the application procedures.
- A system-automated acknowledgement of your application by IMF will be received by you.
- Only candidates who are short-listed for further assessment will be contacted by a FIP recruiter.
Benefits of the Scholarship:
- A competitive intellectual summit.
- Applicants are entitled to a Round-trip restricted economy class air travel from their universities to Washington, D.C.
- Medical insurance and health coverage.
- Outstanding interns will have their research published by IMF.
- Excelling interns may be recruited by IMF career department.
- You may gain a longer-term position.
- Identification passport.
- Academic transcript.
- Personal statement, including achievements.
- Application form.
- Research works. (Master’s, Ph.D).
- G4 visa (Non-citizens).
- Applicants studying in the US who have an F-1 visa, an acceptable work authorization would need to be obtained i.e CPT.