Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program 2023!
A Fulbright program, the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program brings talented young and mid-career professionals from developing nations to the United States for ten months of non-degree graduate education and related practical work experiences. The Humphrey program was established in 1978 to celebrate the memory and achievements of the late United States Senator and Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey.
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship is designed to meet the needs of policy makers, planners, administrators, and managers in the government, public and private sectors, and non-governmental organizations who have a commitment to public service, demonstrated leadership potential, and dedication to the development of their own country.
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship are awarded in the fields of Agricultural and Rural Development; Communications/Journalism; Contagious and Infectious Diseases; Economic Development; Educational Administration, Planning and Policy; Finance and Banking; Higher Education Administration; HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention; Human Resource Management; International Religious Freedom; Law and Human Rights; Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change; Public Health Policy and Manage; and Public Health Policy and Manage.
see also: Best International MBA Programs in 2023
In the case of ‘Teaching English as a Foreign Language,’ curriculum specialists and teacher trainers from teacher training institutes, public or private organizations working with English language teaching and development are encouraged to apply. Applications from all fields listed are encouraged. Women and members of minority and disadvantaged groups who are qualified are urged to apply.
Young and mid-career professionals in leadership positions with a dedication to public service and the possibility for professional progress are suitable candidates. Candidates must demonstrate the appropriate experience, talents, and commitment, as well as indicate how they will benefit from this program in ways they have not before experienced and are unlikely to experience absent the Humphrey program.
Candidates must be fluent in both written and spoken English and will be needed to take the English as a Foreign Language Internet-based Test (iBT) (TOEFL).
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship is now offering Long-Term English (LTE) language instruction to encourage the participation of candidates from non-elite communities, rural locations, minority groups, and other demographics who may be good prospects but lack the required language abilities. LTE participants will be brought to the United States for a four-month rigorous pre-academic language training.
Humphrey fellows engage in master’s-level work that is directly relevant to their professional demands and areas of interest, but does not culminate in a degree. They are sent in groups of 8 to 15 to the university that offers the best suitable program in their area of interest. Geographically balanced, these clusters permit interaction amongst fellows from various nations.
The host universities are selected on the basis of their expertise in the Humphrey domains and the resources and support they provide to Humphrey Fellows. American University, Washington College of Law; Arizona State University; Boston University; Cornell University; Emory University; Massachusetts Institute of Technology; Michigan State University; Pennsylvania State University; Syracuse University; University of California, Davis; University of Minnesota, Humphrey School of Public Affairs; Vanderbilt University; Virginia Commonwealth University will be the host universities for 2021-2022. A candidate’s desired placement at a specific university cannot be arranged.
see also: 19 Best Motorcycle Mechanic Schools in the World
The Humphrey fellows’ programs will commence in August 2023. They consist of master’s-level academic coursework and place a significant emphasis on activities such as seminars, special projects, field trips, attendance at professional meetings and conferences, networking with professional counterparts, and professional affiliations with relevant organizations. These activities provide fellows with outside-of-university experience in their respective professions. Each fellow builds his or her own program with the support of the Humphrey coordinator.
Details of the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
- Country: USA
- Funding: Fully funded
- Deadline: Depending on Your country
- Number of Fellowship: 200
- Field of Study:
- Agricultural / rural development.
- Climate change.
- Communications / Journalism.
- Economic development.
- Education / Educational planning.
- Environmental policy.
- Finance and banking.
- HIV / AIDS policy and prevention.
- Human resources / personnel management.
- Law, civil society, human rights and democratic development.
- Natural resource management.
- Analysis of public policies and public administration.
- Public health policy and management.
- Drug addiction education, prevention, and treatment.
- Technology policy and management.
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language.
- Policy and prevention of trafficking in persons.
- Urban and regional planning.
Benefits of the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
A Humphrey fellowship provides tuition and fees, a monthly maintenance allowance, Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges in accordance with U.S. Government regulations, a modest allowance for books and supplies, round-trip international air travel to the host institution, domestic travel to the Washington, D.C. workshop, and allowances for professional activities such as field trips, professional visits, and conferences.
These fellowships do not include a dependent allowance, and the salary offered by the grant is insufficient to maintain a family. There will be a lot of activities where dependents will be tough to include.
Eligibility of the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
- must have earned the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in the United States. Applicants must hold either a four-year bachelor’s degree or a completed master’s degree, or a full-time postgraduate diploma if their bachelor’s degree was completed in fewer than four years.
- must have at least five years of extensive professional experience in the particular field (before to August 2023) and be eligible for leave;
must have exhibited leadership abilities
- should have a track record of community service; and
- must commit to returning to India upon conclusion of the fellowship.
How to Apply for the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
- Online submissions must be made at https://apply.iie.org/huberthhumphrey
- Before beginning your online application, please thoroughly examine the Hubert H. Humphrey Applicant Instructions.
- Please upload the Employer’s Endorsement Form to the online application if you are currently employed.
- In the event of employees of the federal or state government, the signed copy of the employer endorsement form must be forwarded through the cadre controlling body. In the case of employed candidates, the employer must declare that leave will be allowed for the fellowship in the employer’s endorsement form. Please attach a scanned copy of the employer’s recommendation to your online application.
- Applications that are incomplete or submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Applicants are advised to ask two referees using their online application portal and suggest that they submit their recommendations online in accordance with the directions provided in the applicant instructions. Referees must submit a private reference report by the application date.
FAQs On Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship
How long is the Humphrey Fellowship Program?
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program provides 10 months of professional enrichment and non-degree graduate-level study in the United States for accomplished mid-level professionals from designated countries.
How to apply for Humphrey Fellowship Program?
The online application for the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship is found here: https://apply.iie.org/huberthhumphrey .
What is the disadvantage of fellowship?
The main downside is that they are highly competitive — so just because you apply, it doesn't mean that you will be awarded a fellowship.
What GPA do you need for a fellowship?
The 3.2 GPA requirement is for a cumulative GPA, which includes all courses taken at all institutions at a college/university level.
- Graduate Research Scholarships- Australia 2023
- Canada Graduate Scholarships for International Students 2023
- Swiss government excellence scholarships 2023-2024
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023 (Fully Funded)
- Victoria University of Wellington Scholarships Comprehensive Guide 2023
- Italian Government Scholarship 2023
- The Ignacy lukasiewicz scholarship program- Poland 2023
- Japanese Government Scholarships (monbukagakusho: MEXT) 2023