The motivation letter is used when applying for a scholarship. A good motivation letter has not only helped a lot in winning scholarships both professional and academic practice, It also helps in employment opportunity with large companies. We would be telling you everything you need to know about motivational letter for scholarships while writing it. We would be discussing on how to develop your own template so that you can write a motivation letter and stand your chances of winning scholarships abroad.
What Is Scholarship Motivational Letter
A motivational letter is a cover letter for your scholarship application. It serves as a tool use to stand out while applying for a scholarship. It is a way of showcasing ones skills and knowledge before the personal interview. Motivational letter are not required in all scholarship application, but if you have a chance to include one for your application, then you should include.
The Motivational letter comprises of 3 elements, which are:
Scholarship motivation letters vary by award, but they usually consist of three elements:
- An introduction: The introduction must include your name, level of education and the degree program.
- The body:
The first body paragraph includes any world-related experience you have experienced. Which can include both paid and unpaid internships. The growth of your career should be presented in chronological order. Make a suggestion of how your professionality will boost with continued education.
The second body paragraph should include what you hope to gain from your education. Think of the problems you aim to solve.
The final body paragraph should explain your plans for the future.
- Conclusion: The conclusion should state why you should be chosen.
What Not To Include When Writing A Motivational Letter
- The motivational letter should be well written with no grammatical errors.
- Make use of a professional writing and advanced phrasing (no colloquialisms or slangs)
- Provide specific examples about your past, present and future
- Stay away from unclear generalizations
- Vagueness makes a writing look as if the writer lacks knowledge about what is being written.
- It takes time and commitment to write a motivational letter for scholarship letter.
- Make plan on what you are about to write and allow at least two days before you write the letter, review it, step away from it and edit it.
- The extra time will provide the best chance of success with your application
Mistakes to Avoid When Writing a Motivation Letter for Scholarship
The motivation letter is one of the most important documents when it comes to applying for a scholarship. A well written motivation letter brings about attainment of employment and even volunteering.
The motivation letter for scholarship does not only bring about mentioning your desires to acquire new opportunities, it defends the idea of why it should be you and not one of the other very capable candidates.
- It is difficult to express the reasons one should be chosen but easy to express ones desires to travel or study in a particular country.
- You should be able to take ownership and express deep knowledge
- That your reasons should not be limited to the comfort of living in a developed country. The study scholarship providers expect you to be genuinely interested in the study program and the positive impact you will make with what you learn.
- Follow the rules painstakingly