How to share youtube tv with family!
Family sharing on YouTube TV enables subscribers to share youtube tv with family and friends. Family groups can be advantageous in terms of splitting the cost of a live TV subscription, but there are restrictions users and family members should be aware of prior to share youtube tv with family.
YouTube TV remains a popular option for consumers who wish to stream live television over the internet. YouTube TV already has millions of customers, making it one of the most popular live TV streaming services alongside Sling TV and Hulu Live TV, after launching countrywide in early 2019.
YouTube TV is now more accommodating to numerous family members than ever before, as the channel lineup has continually grown in tandem.
YouTube TV is an excellent alternative for live TV streaming due to its limitless cloud DVR, diverse channel lineup, and additional premium features. At $64.99 per month, YouTube TV is not the least expensive service available. Herein lies the utility of how to share youtube tv with family and, arguably, its primary benefit.
What Is a YouTube Family Plan?
A YouTube family subscription allows you to share YouTube Premium, YouTube Music Premium, and YouTube TV with your family.
You will continue to use your own Google Account to access the Premium membership as a member of a family group. You can also share more Google services with family members.
Before you purchase the family plan, please consider the following:
- If you have previously purchased a family plan for another YouTube or Google product, the same family group will be associated with your YouTube Premium family subscription.
- Whoever establishes the family plan assumes the role of family manager.
- The remaining members of the home must be at least 13 years old.
- Up to five members of your household can share the YouTube Premium family plan.
- Only the family manager has the ability to add or remove members.
- The family manager and other family members should share a single residence.
- Once every twelve months, you may change your family group.
- Within the family group, each member’s name, photo, and email address are displayed.
- If you are a member of an existing Google family group, you cannot purchase a family package. However, you can ask your family manager to buy it for you.
- You may only access your own library, subscriptions, and suggestions.
Read also: How to make money on YouTube 2022
How to share youtube tv with family:Benefits
YouTube TV subscribers can share a single subscription with up to five others, for a total of six users per account. By sharing a subscription with others, a subscriber can split the cost of a subscription by reducing the individual contribution for live television.
In fact, if a subscription is shared by a maximum of six people, the cost is drastically reduced.
A further advantage to share youtube tv with family is the enhanced user experience. While many services permit the creation of multiple profiles, YouTube TV elevates the experience. Each member of the family receives not only their own profile, but also their own settings, preferences, and an unlimited cloud DVR.
As a result, what one family member records will not be visible to other family members, creating an experience almost identical to having a separate live TV subscription for each family member.
While a subscription is shared among multiple users, this does not mean that each account is identical. When setting up family sharing, a family manager must be designated, and this is not merely a status, as this individual is ultimately responsible for the subscription, including the monthly payment.
At the YouTube TV level, the cost of a shared YouTube TV subscription cannot be divided between family members. Instead, the family administrator must make the payment and collect individual contributions from each family member.
How to share youtube tv with family limitations
In addition to the fact that a family manager is ultimately responsible for a YouTube TV subscription and other family members have limited control, there are additional restrictions of how to share youtube tv with family to be aware of.
The first is concurrent streams. Despite the ability to share an account with up to five others, YouTube TV only permits subscribers to simultaneously stream on three devices.
Considering this is half the total number of family members (including the family manager), it is likely that some family members will be unable to watch live television.
This simultaneous streams policy affects not only live TV channels, but also on-demand and recorded content. In such cases, family members must wait until those who are already streaming have finished watching. In addition to the issue with multiple devices, YouTube TV also imposes location-based restrictions.
Technically, YouTube TV is intended to be a single-home service, which can cause issues when attempting to stream from outside the home.
YouTube TV generally has no problem with subscribers streaming outside the home, but the service does require them to check in periodically. Individual members may lose access to YouTube TV until they reconnect to their home network.
Additionally, YouTube TV’s home region is determined by the home location of the family manager. Due to this, YouTube TV’s family sharing feature is not an ideal way to share an account with people who reside in different homes.
A final restriction to keep in mind is the number of family groups a member can belong to. YouTube TV allows users to join only one family group at a time.
Anyone wishing to join another group must first leave their current group or request removal from the family manager. Moreover, individuals may only switch families once every twelve months.
Summary of How to share youtube tv with family
Family sharing can be an excellent choice for families and households seeking to share subscription costs. Not only may six users share a single subscription, but each has access to a fully personalized streaming experience, complete with a cloud DVR. However, a designated manager who is exclusively responsible for monitoring and paying for the subscription is required for family sharing.
The number of devices that can access the service concurrently is less than the maximum number of family members that can share the account. Additionally, YouTube TV’s home area limits can restrict family members’ access to live TV, on-demand content, and recorded videos.
How to Create a Family Group and share youtube tv with family
After purchasing or upgrading to the family plan, you must now create a family group:
- Invite no more than five close relatives. You can send invitations via email or text message.
- Once family members have accepted your invitation, they can authenticate their membership by tapping “Get started.”
- Members of the household can join the group and gain access to the family plan upon accepting the invitation.
Managing the Family plan
There are a few functions that only you (as the family manager) can accomplish on YouTube, such as adding and removing family members. Similar to raising Thor’s hammer, correct?
Here’s how to proceed:
- Sign in to the Google Account associated with your Premium subscription.
- Proceed to “Paid Memberships.” Or, select “Paid memberships” from the app’s drop-down menu.
- Select “Manage your subscription”
- Select the “Edit” button that appears next to the family sharing settings.
- Click “Invite a relative.”
- Enter the family member’s telephone number or email address.
- Press “Send.” You will be notified if a new member joins the family plan.
- Follow the preceding steps 1-4.
- To remove a family member, click on the name of the individual in question.
- Choose “Remove member”
Points to Consider
- Upon removal, access to the family plan will be refused. Additionally, they will no longer have access to family-wide shared services.
- The deleted party and other members of the family group will receive an email advising them of the removal.
- Any content they added to the family library is removed.
- You can only modify your YouTube Premium family members once a year (for each family member).
Family Manager Qualifications
The family manager is the ship’s captain. They alone can purchase the plan and make membership decisions for the group. As a family administrator, you must also set the household’s location.
To establish the family plan:
- At least 18 years old.
- Have an existing Google account.
- You must reside in a country where YouTube Premium is offered.
- not registered for a Google Workspace account
- Not having changed family groups in the past year.
- Not participating in another family plan.
Family Member Conditions
Consider other family members as passengers on a cruise if the family manager is the ship’s captain. There are, however, a few restrictions to joining a family plan:
- You must have a Google account; a Google Workspace account will not suffice.
- You and the family manager must share the same residence.
- You should not be a member of another family.
- You should not have changed families during the past year.
FAQs On how to share youtube tv with family
Can I share my YouTube TV account with family in another house?
The family manager sets the home area, and each family member must primarily live in the same household. Family group members need to periodically use YouTube TV in your home location to keep access. Otherwise, the family manager will have to change the home location.
Can I watch YouTube TV at 2 different houses?
Yes, you can watch YouTube TV in multiple locations. However, you'll have to check in at your Home Area at least every three months in order to see your local networks.
Why is YouTube TV not working for family sharing?
If you're not in the correct/supported region, you won't be able to watch YouTube TV via a family group. If you're using a VPN, try switching to a different one. If the other VPN works, it means the one you were originally using has been blocked.
Can you watch YouTube TV simultaneously in different locations?
You can use YouTube TV on up to three devices at the same time. Note that watching YouTube TV on a computer and a mobile device at the same time counts as two of the three available devices.
How many people can be on a YouTube TV account?
Yes, your YouTube TV membership comes with 6 accounts to share with roommates or family members in your household. (Ages 13 and up.) Everyone gets their own login, personalized content recommendations, and individual DVR Library. Membership comes with up to 3 simultaneous streams.
- All About the YouTube TV Student Discount in 2022
- Employee spotlight posts
- Best Online Tutoring Jobs in 2022
- How to make money on YouTube 2022
- How much money Victoria’s Secret model make
- 20 Easy Jobs to Get with No Experience But Pay Well