The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarships 2023 are the best scholarship offered to international students in Ireland and are accessible for all disciplines. Participants in the program are selected for their potential as future research leaders.
All nationalities are afforded equal access to the Ireland Scholarship 2023. The Irish Research Council collaborates with enterprises, civil society organizations, and the government to maximize the societal worth of researchers’ skills, expertise, and talent.
The main goal of this award is to enhance the candidates’ skills in order to better serve the community. These degree programs’ classes will be taught in English.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program is a nationally recognized initiative administered by the Council and funded by the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation, and Science. The Ireland Government Scholarship 2023 Program is unique in the Irish research field, and it complements other postgraduate funding alternatives in Ireland.
For remarkable research achievements, students will receive significant rewards. It invests in discovery research and ground-breaking ideas that address key community challenges by supporting a wide range of brilliant researchers at various stages of their careers.
Government of Ireland Scholarships in Europe enable postgraduate students from around the world to study in Ireland for free.
The Postgraduate grant is the top award in Ireland for students pursuing a master’s or doctorate degree full-time who are enthusiastic about research and perform academically. The scholarship fund is extremely competitive, with an 18% success rate over the previous five years. The program’s emphasis is on transforming candidates into enhanced versions of themselves.
The eligibility requirements for this Irish scholarship include world-renowned universities such as Trinity College Dublin, University College Dublin, and the Royal Irish Academy.
This great chance enables applicants from all disciplines to engage with individuals from other cultures and exchange ideas in order to lend a hand to communities in resolving their most persistent challenges. In 2019, 1,193 Postgraduate Scholars were awarded, bringing the total number of candidates awarded this prize for outstanding research to almost 5,000. The Council of Ireland annually funds 280 new postgraduate scholarships in Ireland.
see also: 10 Best colleges in Baltimore
Details of the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship
- Country: Ireland
- Level: Masters and PHD
- Funding: fully funded
- Host: The Ireland scholarships for international students 2023 is funded by the Department of Education and Skills and managed by the Council, Government of Ireland
- Duration: One – Four years depending on the type of degree being pursued and the date of first registration (where applicable).
Benefits of the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship
- The student will get an annual stipend of €18,500.
- The award will pay the cost of tuition.
- The student will earn €3,250 per year for research expenses.
- Individuals will receive big incentives in their own names for great research.
- As part of a judicious selection procedure, a global, impartial, expert peer review is conducted.
- The candidates would have the opportunity to attend top colleges in Ireland.
- The scholarship will cover up to €5,750 in costs for candidates from outside the European Union.
Eligibility of the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship
- Applicants of any age may submit an application for the Ireland scholarship.
- Before gaining access to an application form, all applicants must complete and pass an online eligibility test.
- All applicants must be affiliated with one of the universities listed above as Eligible.
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree to pursue a Master’s, and a Master’s Degree to pursue a PhD.
- Candidates must be proficient in both spoken and written English.
- Academic referees and supervisors must provide positive reports of the applicants.
- In order to be considered, applicants must not have failed twice in their previous applications for the same program. This is true regardless of whether the applicant’s host institution or research topic has changed since their previous application.
- Students awaiting their Results are also eligible to apply. However, they must get provisional certificates from their home institutions.
- The applicants must hold degrees with a first-class or upper-second-class standing.
- Applicants seeking a research master’s degree or a doctoral degree must not possess or have held an Irish Research Council scholarship in the past.
- All applicants must have a supervisor who is willing to supervise their research projects throughout their time in Ireland.
- The candidates who have research topics related to; humans, Human modification (except for cancer research), and the production of human embryos.
How to Apply for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship
- Apply using the online application platform for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarships Program 2023. No hard copies or electronic applications will be accepted.
- For supervision of an admission letter, please contact the academics listed above from Ireland’s higher education institutions (strongly suggested to contact but without this, you can apply as well).
- Applicants are asked to submit totally original applications. i.e. no plagiarism
- To verify that transcripts are official papers of the institution, they must be stamp- and signature-embellished.
- Applications may only be submitted in English or Irish.
- Candidates are required to create an account in order to access the application.
- The applicant must then complete the application form, supervisor form, and reference form according to the example provided.
Required Documents for the Government of Ireland Scholarships:
- Educational documents
- Study plan/Statement of Purpose
- Research Proposal
- Copy of Passport
- Supervision details (if any)
- Recommendation forms
- Language proof (if any)
- Additional documents if any
Deadline for the scholarship
- Varied by course
FAQs On Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship
Can I get full scholarship in Ireland?
One of the leading scholarships in Ireland is the Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships. This scholarship open to non-EEA/EU students offers an individual allowance of €10,000 and full tuition fee waiver to 60 recipients for one full year education on a Bachelor, Master or PhD programme.
How much CGPA is required for masters scholarship?
Must have 60% marks or CGPA 2.50 out of 4.0 in the final degree for MS Scholarships. Maximum two second divisions and no third division throughout academic career.
What is a good GPA for masters scholarship?
Minimum requirements range from around 2.0 on the lower end to 3.75 or higher for competitive academic scholarships. Generally speaking, a 3.0 GPA or higher will give you a decent shot at qualifying for a variety of scholarships.
Can I get funding to study in Ireland?
The Student Grant Scheme is the main financial support scheme for students studying in Ireland and abroad. It is also known as the SUSI grant because the Student Universal Support Ireland (SUSI) is the awarding authority for the Student Grant Scheme.
- Chevening Scholarship 2023 (Fully Funded)
- Graduate Research Scholarships- Australia 2023
- Canada Graduate Scholarships for International Students 2023
- Swiss government excellence scholarships 2023-2024
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023 (Fully Funded)
- Victoria University of Wellington Scholarships Comprehensive Guide 2023
- Italian Government Scholarship 2023