The Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship has announced scholarship opportunities for international students. Brunei scholarships are available for students who want to study free in Brunei. The scholarships are fully sponsored by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Brunei. Brunei Government invites students from different countries to study under the scholarship program each year.
Scholarships are offered to facilitate and support talented and outstanding students with good academic records and provide them with knowledge and professional skills to compete in this fast-paced, challenging world. The Brunei Government Scholarship aims to attract international students to study in universities of Brunei and increase the ratio of international students in Brunei’s top universities. This scholarship program will advantage the government as well as international students by providing them full academic support. A wide range of majors and disciplines are offered for potential students to study in Brunei.
The duration of international scholarships vary from program to program; the duration of the scholarship for undergraduate program is different from the scholarship for postgraduate degree programs. Applicants must go through the details thoroughly before applying. Make sure to apply for the fully-funded scholarship before the deadline ends.
Details of The Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship
- Study in: Brunei
- Eligible Nationals: International Students
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Graduate & Diploma
- Funding: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 15th February 2023
Also read 30 Best Fully-Funded Scholarships without IELTS
Duration of The Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship
- The diploma Program duration is three years
- The undergraduate degree program duration is four years
- The Master’s degree program duration is 1-2 years
Eligibility The Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship
To be eligible for the government of Brunei Darussalam scholarship, candidates must fulfill following requirements:
- Applications are open to citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth and OIC member countries.
- Applicants should be nominated by their Government.
- Applicants must be certified to be medically fit to undertake the scholarship and to study in Brunei Darussalam, by a qualified medical practitioner who is registered with any Government Authority(ies) prior to arrival in Brunei Darussalam. Any and all costs incurred in obtaining this certification are to be borne by the applicant.
- Applicants must be, between the ages of 18-25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programmes and must not exceed the age of 35 for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programmes on the 31st July 2021.
- The award is NOT eligible to Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.
Benefits of The Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship
The Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Exemption from paying tuition fees including acceptance, examination, registration, and orientation fees for the duration of the program;
- An economy class air ticket to Brunei Darussalam from the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/ country of domicile prior to the commencement of the course and an economy class air ticket from Brunei Darussalam to the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the course;
- A monthly personal allowance of BND$500.00;
- A monthly meals allowance of BND$150.00;
- An annual book allowance of BND$600.00;
- Accommodation at the residential college of the University/ Polytechnic;
- Baggage allowance for shipment of the scholarship recipient’s personal effects to the country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the program, at a maximum amount of:
- BND$250.00 to a country within the ASEAN region; or
- BND$500.00 to a country outside the ASEAN region
Recommended for you Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship 2023-2024
How to Apply to The Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship
- The applicants have to apply online.
- The applicants first need to download the application form from the website.
- You must provide personal details, educational experience, and language proficiency details.
- You are required to fill all the fields with due care.
- You must mention the first choice and second choice Programme of study and the university.
- Your complete application form must be endorsed either by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the National Focal point.
- You must submit the security clearance statement from your National Security Agency or Police Station in your country.
- All supporting documents should either be in form of Word, pdf, or jpg format.
- If you are applying for University Brunei Darussalam, you are required to fill out the application from their own website also.
- For more details information, visit the official website
Required Documents for The Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship
- Passport size photo of the applicant
- Certified copies of the academic qualification
- Documents must be provided in the English language
- Copies of supporting documents like Testimonials, Transcripts, and Certificates
- Copies of the applicant’s passport
- Recommendation letters from referees
Deadline for The Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship
The Application can be submitted till 15th February 2023
FAQs on The Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship
How can I get Brunei Scholarship?
The applicants have to apply online through the official website
How to Get a Full Scholarship?
The Brunei Darussalam scholarships 2023-2024 require students to conform to the rules and regulations for them to get selected
Can a foreign student work in Brunei?
Every foreigner who intends to work in Brunei must have a valid Employment Visa authorized by the Department of Immigration and National Registration and issued at the Brunei Embassy.
TOP PICKS FOR YOU
- Best Jobs for MBA Graduates
- Grand Canyon University Scholarship
- QuestBridge MBA: Eligibility, Application Steps & Important Dates 2022
- University of Phoenix MBA Ranking: Important Admission Requirements 2022
- Best mba programs in south carolina
- Asu National Merit Scholarship 2022