Global Korea Scholarships for the 2022-2023 session is now accepting international students from different countries under BS, MS, and doctoral degree programs. No application fee required for the GKS Scholarship.
This GKS scholarship provides an undergraduate or bachelor’s degree and doctorate degree to all the students who apply and got selected for this scholarship program. The Global Korea Scholarship program partners almost all universities in South Korea.
GKS scholarships is available for 220 international students, so hurry and apply now for this opportunity! All the expenses will be covered by the Government of Korea, regardless of your program and level.
The announcement was made in February and it is still open for Application till the ending of October.
- Funding: Full Funding.
- Level: Undergraduate, Master’s & Doctoral.
- Deadline: October 2022.
- Type of Study: Full Time.
- Country: South Korea.
- Host: GKS
- University: Any Korean university in partnership with GKS
- Field of Study: Any
- Nationality: International
- Number of Awardees: 220
Each programs has its duration and they are;
- Doctoral Degree Program spans for 4 years
- Korean language program is for a year.
- Regular degree program: 3 years.
- Master’s Degree Program: 3 years.
- Research Program is for 6 Months.
Eligibility of Global Korea Scholarships 2022:
To be eligible for Korean Government’s Global Korea Scholarship program, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Both an applicant and his/her parents must be citizens of their country of origin.
- Applicants should not possess Korean citizenship.
- Applicant must be adequately healthy enough, both mentally and physically, to stay in a foreign country for a long time.
- Applying candidates for Undergraduate programs should be under 25 years of age at the date of entrance.
- Master’s applicants should not be beyond 40 years of age at the date of entrance.
- If you are an Undergraduate program applicant, you must have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of all elementary, middle, high school courses by the date of arrival.
- You must possess a grade point average above 80% from the last educational institution attended.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree certificate if you are applying for a Master’s program.
- Doctorate students must hold a Master’s degree certificate by the date of arrival.
- Applicants who have previously benefited in any undergraduate program, master’s program or doctoral program in Korea are not eligible for this program.
Read Also; Chevening Scholarship
- Applicants must hold or must be expected to hold a Bachelor’s Degree to be enrolled in a Master Program or hold a Master Degree to be enrolled in Ph.D. Degree Program.
- Research Program Applicants must hold a degree or a level of education equivalent to or higher than a Master’s degree.
- Postdoctoral Research Program applicants must hold a doctoral degree or a level of education equivalent to a doctoral degree.
- Applicants who are expected to graduate at the time of applying must first submit the certificate of expected date of graduation at the time of applying.
- English Language proficiency Requirements. Certificates such as IELTS.
How to Apply for Global Korea Scholarships 2022:
Applicants have choices to apply in two types of institutions:
- The two choices are Embassy Track or University Track to apply for Global Korea Scholarships 2022.
- Embassies of the Republic of Korea (Embassy track)
- Korean Universities designated by NIIED (University Track)
- Through Embassy Track, applicants must apply through their respective South Korean embassies.
- You will be nominated by the embassy and ask you to apply to some university (NIIED will be nominated).
- The final selection will be made by the NIIED.
- The University Track requires candidates to apply directly to the university.
- You will be nominated as a GKS candidate for 2022 by the university, which will send your nomination to NIIED.
- Fill out the online application form.
- Read the Instructions Scholarship Application
Benefits of the Scholarship:
Global Korea Scholarship formally called The Korean Government Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship in Korea for international students. All costs of staying in the country pertaining to education are covered by the Korean government.
Selected Applicants will enjoy the following;
- Round flight tickets
- Resettlement Grant worth KRW 200,000.
- Living Allowance valued at KRW 900,000.
- Medical Insurance worth 20,000 KRW.
- Free language courses.
- Full Tuition.
- Award for outstanding Korean language skills
- Research Support that ranges from KRW 210,000 to 240,000.
- Thesis printing Cost (KRW 500,000-800,000)
- Graduation grant.
- Academic transcript.
- Personal Statement.
- Identification photograph (passport).