GIST Scholarship in South Korea 2023-24 (Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology) is a fully-funded scholarship program that will cover all the expenses of the selected students. GIST offers a unique opportunity to get an education and experience in one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world.
The Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST) was established in 1993 located in South Korean. GIST is a research university by Korean Government. According to QS World Universities Ranking it is ranked at 3rd in worldwide and at 4th in South Korea. Students can learn leadership qualities in this university.
GIST has quickly become known for its cutting-edge research and academic excellence. The university offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs in fields such as engineering, science, and technology. With state-of-the-art facilities and a strong commitment to research, GIST is playing a leading role in transforming South Korea into a global innovation hub. In addition to its world-class research, GIST is also known for its beautiful campus and vibrant student life. Located in the picturesque city of Gwangju, GIST provides students with an ideal environment for studying and living. With its cutting-edge research and outstanding facilities
Details of GIST Scholarship in South Korea 2023-24
- Country: South Korea
- University: Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology
- Course Level: Masters, PhD
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligibility: International
- Deadline: 15th April 2023
You may also check Xiamen University CSC Scholarship 2023-24 in China
List of Available Programs:
School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
School of Mechanical Engineering
School of Life Science
Department of Physics and Photon Science
Department of Biomedical Science and Engineering
Artificial Intelligence Graduate School
Department of Chemistry
School of Integrated Technology
School of Materials Science and Engineering
School of Earth Sciences and Environmental Engineering
Benefits and Amount of Scholarship in South Korea 2023-24
All selected international candidates will be entitled to a scholarship covering all their expenses:
- Tuition fully covered.
- Monthly stipend: $115 per month for master’s students, $244 per month for doctoral students.
- Meal allowance: about $83 per month.
- Research assistant: $3955 per year for master, $10,136 per year for Phd.
- Health insurance.
- Reimbursement of flight expenses
Eligibility of GIST Scholarship in South Korea 2023-24
- All international students are eligible to apply for the GIST Scholarship 2023-24.
- Applicants applying for the Masters program must hold a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree.
- Applicants applying for the Ph.D. program must hold a master’s or equivalent degree.
- Citizens of Korea with dual nationality cannot apply.
- The applicant must be proficient in English Language
Also read 30 Fully-funded Computer Science Scholarships
Benefits of GIST Scholarship in South Korea 2023-24
The award will cover all the expenses to complete your degree. Detail is given below:
- Complete Tuition Fee: 3,415,000 won per semester
- Monthly Stipends:
- Masters Degree: 140,000 won per month
- PhD Degree: 295,000 won per month
- Research Assistantship (All students participating in research projects):
- 4,820,000 won per year of MS
- 11,480,000 won per year of PhD
- Health Insurance (All International Students)
- 60% of the Korean National Health Insurance fee is supported.
- Annual Medical checkup
- Flight Reimbursement (All Incoming International Students)
- Reimbursement for a one-way flight to Korea
How to Apply to GIST Scholarship in South Korea 2023-24
In order to apply for Xiamen University CSC Scholarships 2023-24 in China, applicants have to follow the given below steps. Also visit the Official Advertisement link for more details
- The applicant has to apply online for the GIST South Korea scholarship.
- The applicant has to submit a matriculation fee of 680,000 however, the matriculation fee can be waived off on the recommendation of the dean/head of the department/college.
- In order to apply successfully, all the applicants must carefully fill out the GIST online application form.
- Don’t leave blanks instead write NA.
Check Stanford Online Masters Comprehensive Guide 2023
Document Required for GIST Scholarship in South Korea 2023-24
- Statement on Application Documents Submission (Form1)
- Official transcripts & certificates.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- English proficiency test
- Candidate Passport Copy
Deadline for GIST Scholarship in South Korea 2023-24
The application deadline to apply for the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology Scholarship 2023-24 in Korea for international students is 15th April 2023.
FAQs on GIST Scholarship in South Korea 2023-24
How do I get a scholarship for GIST?
The candidates have to apply online through the online application system.
Sign up and keep a record of your application.
The recommendation letter must not be submitted by the students but it will be sent by the recommender directly.
Is GIST a good school?
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST) is one of the top public universities in Gwangju, South Korea. It is ranked #=288 in QS World University Rankings 2023.
Top picks for you