Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023-2024 is a fully-funded international scholarship. This award is for master’s and doctoral study. This scholarship gives an annual income of £18,744, health insurance, up to £2,000 for academic advancement, and a maximum family allowance of £15,612.
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship Program was created in October 2000 with a 210 million dollar grant from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge, the largest single donation to a UK university.
In 2023, Gates Cambridge will provide 80 full-tuition scholarships to outstanding candidates from outside the United Kingdom who wish to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject offered by the University of Cambridge. Approximately two-thirds of these prizes will be given to PhD candidates, with 25 awards available in the US round and 55 awards available in the International round.
Details of the Gates Cambridge Scholarship
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- University: University of Cambridge
- Country: UK
- Field of study: Various course available
- Deadline: Ongoing
Benefits of the Gates Cambridge Scholarship
- University Composition Fee at the proper amount
- A maintenance allowance for a single student (£18,744 for 12 months at the rate for 2022-23; pro rata for courses less than 12 months; the award is for up to four years for PhD students).
- One economical single flight at the start and finish of the course.
- Costs for incoming visas and the Immigration Health Surcharge
- Academic development funding ranging from £500 to £2,000, based on the length of your programme, to attend conferences and courses.
- Family allowance – up to £10,944 for a single child and up to £15,612 for two or more children (2022-23 rate). A partner is not provided with any funding.
- Fieldwork — During PhD fieldwork, you may request to receive up to your normal maintenance allowance (the Trust does not fund other fieldwork costs as these should be funded by the University Composition Fee).
- Maternity/Paternity money – if you need it, you can request to interrupt your studies for up to six months while continuing to receive your maintenance allowance.
- Funding for unforeseen academic hardships faced by the student
Eligibility of the Gates Cambridge Scholarship
To be eligible for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship, candidates must meet all of the following criteria:
- Language Requirement: English
- All countries in the world are eligible.
- Academic excellence.
- You should be able to make a compelling argument for a particular Cambridge postgraduate degree.
- A dedication to bettering the lives of others.
- A leadership capability.
- To pursue a full-time postgraduate degree, applicants must be from outside the United Kingdom.
How to Apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship
- Submit an application for admission to a course, a college position, and the Gates Cambridge financing portion.
- Create an account on the site.
- Fill up your personal details
- Submit the following files:
- Please explain in no more than 3000 characters (about 500 words) why you are applying for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship and how you fit the four primary criteria.
- Proposed research (PhD applicants only)
- In addition to two academic references for admission, applicants for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship must provide a third reference addressing their suitability for the scholarship.
5. Answer the questions on the application.
6. Send in your application
FAQs On Gates Cambridge Scholarship
How hard is it to get a Gates Cambridge Scholarship?
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship is extremely competitive and the acceptance rate for it is 0.3%. Only a fraction of applicants is selected for the scholarship.
How do I get selected for Gates Cambridge Scholarship?
To be considered for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship you must complete the section to apply for admission to a course and a College place and the Gates Cambridge part of the funding section. Gates Cambridge has access to the full application for admission and funding when reviewing applications.
How much is Gates Cambridge Scholarship?
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers the full cost of studying in Cambridge and may be held for one to three years of study. The value of the scholarship depends on the level of tuition fees for individual courses but is around $32,000 a year.
Is Gates Cambridge Scholarship a fully funded?
Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023-2024 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is offered for masters and PhD studies.