DSS Portal Recruitment. If you are a young Nigerian who aspires to serve your nation, you should think about applying for DSS recruitment. DSS does not often make much of an effort to publicize the recruitment process, thus we have supplied in this page thorough information on DSS recruitment, the compensation, the application process, and the application portal.
Nigeria’s top national intelligence agency is the department of security services (DSS), often known as the state security service (SSS). Fundamentally, its main duties include gathering intelligence data from across the nation and ensuring the safety of top government figures like the president and governors.
The National Security Advisor is in charge of the SSS, which is a department of the executive branch of government.
Ibrahim Babangida issued Decree Number 19 in June 1986 to carry out one of the promises he made during his inaugural speech as president. The National Security Organization (NSO) was abolished by this decree, which also reorganized Nigeria’s security forces into three distinct organizations that fall under the purview of the Office of the Co-coordinator of National Security.
The National Intelligence Agency (NIA) handled external intelligence and counterintelligence, while the State Security Service (SSS), commanded by Director-General Ismaila Gwarzo and Deputy Director Lt. Col. A.K. Togun, was now in charge of domestic intelligence.
The Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) was in charge of gathering military intelligence both inside and outside of Nigeria. The agency’s original offices were at 15, Awolowo Road, Ikoyi in Lagos; this is now the location of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.
During the rule of General Sani Abacha, the SSS headquarters were finally relocated to Abuja; the headquarters structure is colloquially known as the “Yellow House.” It is situated on Aso Drive in Maitama, Abuja, on the northern border of the three-arms zone. analytics
The Federal Republic of Nigeria’s office of the president, however, has direct control over the State Security Service and appoints its leaders.
The President appoints the Nationwide Security Adviser to oversee the activities of the State Security Service, and the NSA also has influence on SSS personnel decisions.
Function of the State Security Service
In essence, the State Security Service is in charge of protecting all senior government figures, including the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, state governors, and foreign envoys.
They also defend Nigeria from any domestic danger. They are also in charge of upholding and enforcing Nigerian criminal law.
The State Security Service provides criminal justice services to both the federal and state governments.
In addition to guarding these high government leaders, the men of the State Security Service are also tasked with guarding the officials’ relatives.
In addition, the State Security Agency is in charge of guarding all former presidents and their spouses. Candidates for vice president and president must also have protection from the State Security Service.
However, not all candidates are eligible for this type of protection; the SSS only offers safety to candidates who are extremely well-liked and who may attract threats as a result.
Recommended: 10 Highest Paid Military Branch
What Will You Do At The SSS?
Being given the chance to serve your country is actually a huge honor. Hence, becoming an SSS official will allow you to prove your patriotism and achieve a certain level of social standing.
As intriguing as this may sound, it’s crucial to realize that it comes with a lot of responsibility, and you must exercise discretion when carrying out your everyday tasks. This is due to the fact that all information concerning SSS is private and classified.
As an officer at the SSS, you should be prepared for information about you and your family to be classified. Also, you should anticipate having an incredible State Security Service rank and pay structure.
You might also become the Director-General of the SSS, with a mouthwatering salary of one million Naira on average every month, thanks to your hard work and commitment to duty. Do you still wish to discover what to anticipate working for the SSS?
Visit the SSS headquarters in Aso Drive in Maitama, Abuja, or the official website.
Department Of State Services Salaries And Rankings
We can confirm with authority that the Director-General of the State Security Service receives up to N1 million every month thanks to a trustworthy source of information.
Nevertheless, no information was available regarding the monthly salaries of the State Security Service’s other employees.
This is due to the fact that their salaries are confidential and not made known to the general public.
Yet, the State Security Service (SSS) average net wage at the Department of State Service in Nigeria is roughly N210K. 2 employees provided salary estimates.
What Rankings are Obtainable in DSS?
The State Security Service’s highest position is that of Director-General. The positions held by director generals before to their appointments can be found in the available sources.
Colonel Abdullahi Mohammed served as the inaugural Director-General. Keep in mind that Nigeria’s military organization is the only one where the rank of colonel exists.
Moreover, SSS Nigeria rank information is all classified. Yet, they share similar ranks and are a component of Nigeria’s military system.
SSS Nigeria Ranks
- Staff Sergeant.
- Second Lieutenant;
- Brigadier General;
- Major General;
- Lieutenant General;
Achievements of the DSS
Since its establishment in 1986, when the military administration of Babangida was in power, the Department of the State Service in Nigeria has accomplished a lot of things. These documented accomplishments include:
The 1993 capture of Egyptian bomber Omar Mohammed Ali Rasaq as he attempted to cross the Nigeria-Benin Republic border into Nigeria
The discovery of a sizable stockpile of weapons and ammunition with Iranian origins at Apapa port in Lagos in October 2010.
Many religious extremist organizations, including the Boko Haram sect, were infiltrated in the nation.
Rev. Fr Sylvester Chukwura, the parish priest of St. Bernard’s Catholic Church Eguaholo in Edo state’s Orhionmwom local government area, was freed from a kidnapper’s hideout by the SSS in October 2011.
Arrested renowned kidnapper and murderer Binebi, who was wanted in part for the 2010 murder of an SSS agent and the burning down of a state patrol boat in Gelegele.
Failures of the DSS
Even though the SSS achieved several notable victories, it also experienced numerous setbacks that drew harsh criticism. Among these failures are the following:
- Despite his father having earlier notified security officers of the son’s extreme perspective on America, allowing Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab to board a Northwest Airlines flight from Lagos.
- After the bombing of the United Nations House in Abuja on August 26, 2011, the agency received harsh criticism as well.
- The public lost trust in the SSS as a result of the organization’s ineffective and timely information management.
General DSS of Nigeria Requirements
Graduates and postgraduates are invited to apply for posts with the Department of State Security. Also, it outlines the general prerequisites for those who want to join the Nigerian security services. The DSS Nigeria requirements are as follows:
- You must be either a Nigerian by birth or a Nigerian by parentage. Foreign nationals are not permitted to apply for DSS Nigeria jobs.
- Male candidates should be at least 1.7 meters tall (but it’s not required for all positions).
- Female candidates should be at least 1.64 meters tall (but it’s not required for all positions).
- The candidate’s extended chest measurement must be at least 0.87 meters (although it’s not required for all positions).
- The candidate needs to have a government medical officer’s certification.
- Must be in good mental health to serve.
- The applicant should be in good physical health to serve.
- Pregnant women
- Flat Foot
- Major orthopedic operations in the past\
- Natural disabilities (fractures, stammering, and others)
- Interested candidates must provide at least a bachelor’s degree with a Second Class Upper Division.
- You can also provide the National Certificate of Education/National Diploma from a recognized institution. The credits and fields are listed below:
- Any candidate who wants to apply for DSS in Nigeria can’t be a serviceman if he/she has been found guilty in any criminal offense in Nigeria or any other country;
- Candidates who have any form of financial embarrassment can’t apply for DSS Nigeria recruitment;
- Candidates who exceed 30 years of age can`t apply for DSS Nigeria.
Available DSS Recruitment Jobs
- Software Developer
- Satellite images interpreter
- Pediatrician/Pediatrician nurse
- Orthopedic surgeon
- Mathematics education
- Hospitality Managers
- English education
- Computer Engineer/Computer science education/Network engineer/Data Administrator
- Electrical/Building/Mechanical/Satellite Communication engineer
- Physical and Health Education;
- Electrical Engineering/Electronics Engineering/IT Specialist;
- Peace and Conflict Resolution;
- Guidance and Counseling (for females only);
- Computer Science;
- Medical Doctors, Medical Officers, Consultants, Dental Officers, and Nurses can also apply for DSS in Nigeria. However, such candidates should have the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria Licence.
How To Apply For DSS Recruitment Jobs
It is crucial for all applicants to understand that in order to apply for the DSS Nigeria, you must go to the state security service office in YOUR state of origin.
The Department of State Services (DSS) is not currently accepting applications. But, we anticipate that they will begin hiring soon. As soon as the application form is out, updates on the recruiting will be posted here, so keep checking back for more information.
State Security Service Headquarters
The main office of the State Security Service is situated on Aso Drive in Maitama, Abuja. You may find them online at www.dss.gov.ng. “Loyalty, Vigilance, Verity” is their motto.
Steps to Take When Applying for the DSS Recruitment Exercise
Follow the steps listed below to apply for the DSS position:
- Your local government of origin should be mentioned in a formal letter that you write.
- Please be aware that the letter must be signed by the president of your local government’s area council or another senior person.
- The letter of application must be written by hand and addressed to the Director-General of the Department of State Service.
- You should provide your entire statement of results.
- Two current passport photos, preferably with a colored backdrop, are required from applicants.
- After completing the aforementioned steps, get in touch with the DSS office in your state of origin and submit your application.
FAQS on DSS Portal Recruitment
Is DSS recruitment form out for 2023?
DSS 2023 form is available currently for interested applicants. See more details on DSS Job vacancies below.
How do I apply for DSS?
You can apply for DSS job on the website www.dss.gov.ng portal and also get shortlisted
How much is SSS salary in Nigeria?
The average salary for State Security Service Nigeria (SSS) is 257,250 Naira. This data is collated by 2 employees from State Security Service Nigeria (SSS).
How long does DSS training last?
The DSS training usually lasts for two (2) weeks.
The Directorate of State Services is another name for the State Security Service (DSS).
This organization is in charge of gathering intelligence in Nigeria. The Federal Republic of Nigeria’s office of the President appoints the leaders of the State Security Service, which is immediately under its direct supervision.
Every year, the State security service (DSS) opens its application portal to receive applications from people who want to join them.
Recommended for you:
- Top 10 Low Cost Universities in London for International Students
- The Best Medical Schools in Indiana
- 15 Best Schools for Psychology in the World
- 15 Highest Paid State Employee in Michigan
- 10 Best Nutrition Schools in US