The DAAD Helmut Schmidt Programme 2023 of the DAAD is a fully-funded scholarship program for students from poor nations. This program’s moniker, Master’s Scholarship for Public Policy and Good Governance, is well-known worldwide. This program assists aspiring leaders from developing nations who are committed to promoting democracy and social justice in their native communities.
Thus, social, political, and economic progress will establish itself in developing nations. On the way to the principles of good governance, highly qualified students are invited to study law, economics, political science, and administration in Germany on DAAD scholarships. Thus enabling them to attain leadership positions in their home nations.
The purpose of the DAAD Helmut Schmidt Programme in Europe is to satisfy the needs of a public sector beset by complex organizational issues. In response to the demand for strategic policymaking, these possibilities equip participants with the most up-to-date theoretical knowledge, relevant skills, and developmental training in the essential domains. Young leaders-to-be are urged to seek jobs at one of Germany’s finest colleges.
It is one of the top scholarship programs for gifted students who wish to gain leadership abilities by immersing themselves in a foreign culture. It offers students the opportunity to learn under the guidance of skilled professional leaders. Therefore, Germany becomes a network of future leaders.
During the duration of the master’s program, the Germany Government scholarship enables exceptional students from developing nations to advance their careers by imparting quality-oriented professional skills. In addition, it facilitates the exchange of viewpoints and the persuasion of peers and other participants with practical answers through elegant presentations.
The aspirants have the opportunity to collaborate with diverse individuals and contribute to the economies of their home countries in particular and Italy in general by enhancing their knowledge and leadership skills. Thus, making Italy a symbol of integrity fosters humanism and a sense of belonging among individuals and promotes global progress.
see also: 12 Tuition-Free Universities in Germany in 2022
The DAAD Helmut Schmidt Programme for overseas students will assist students in acquiring professional leadership abilities in a globally acceptable and polished atmosphere, while also providing them with exceptional post-graduate degrees.
The country of Germany is renowned for its diversity and inclusiveness, as it welcomes people from all cultures, races, religions, genders, and social groups to join its prestigious international scholarship program, which is surrounded by numerous benefits such as travel allowances, a monthly stipend, and study grants, among others. Thus, future leaders will be inculcated with sociocultural and religious tolerance, and they will be better able to comprehend the common needs of the communities they wish to serve in the future.
The DAAD Helmut Schmidt Programme 2023 in Germany aspires to contribute to the uplift of civil societies by promoting values of good governance and restructuring social institutions in developing nations across the globe in the most productive manner possible.
Future leaders are provided with access to these disciplines, which are crucial to the social, cultural, economic, and political growth of the Global South. Professional training prepares leaders for a desirable position in the world system. Moreover, these brilliant brains are urged to contribute to democratically driven economic and social forms that help eliminate social inequality.
Details of the DAAD Helmut Schmidt Programme
- Country: Germany
- Deadline: Ongoing
- Level: Masters
- Scholarship Program duration: The program duration for the scholarship is a minimum of two years
- Host Universities:
- Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg
- University of Duisburg-Essen
- University of Erfurt
- Otto Von Guericke University Magdeburg
- University of Applied Sciences Osnabruck
- University of Passau
- University of Potsdam
- Social Protection.
- Development and Governance.
- Public Policy.
- Peace and Conflict Studies.
- Management in Non-Profit Organization.
- Development Studies.
- Governance and Public Policy.
- Public Management.
Eligible Countries for DAAD Helmut Schmidt Programme:
- Bosnia and
- North Macedonia
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African
- Congo, Democratic
- Côte d’Ivoire
- Equatorial Guinea
- São Tomé und
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Cook Islands
- Marshall Islands
- North Korea
- Papua N. Guinea
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
- Latin Am
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Rep.
- El Salvador
- Vin. & Gre.
Benefits of the DAAD Helmut Schmidt Programme
- Waiver of tuition costs.
- Participation at events and seminars.
- A monthly allowance of Euro 931.
- Health insurance protection
- Travel reimbursements.
- Research funding
- Research funding.
- Rent subsidies.
- Prior German language instruction.
see also: Best Mechanical Engineering Universities in Germany 2022
Eligibility of the DAAD Helmut Schmidt Programme
- Graduates from underdeveloped nations are eligible to apply.
- The list of qualified countries is maintained by the DAC.
- If you have resided in a nation not on the DAC list for more than 15 months, you are ineligible to apply.
- You cannot apply if you have lived in Germany for more than 15 months.
- Candidates with a strong academic background in social and political sciences, law, economics, public policy, economics, and administration are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have a strong desire to contribute to the sociopolitical and economic well-being of their country.
- Applicants must have appropriate job experience.
How to Apply for the DAAD Helmut Schmidt Programme
- Applicants must apply online via the official website in either English or Spanish.
- Clearly indicate the chosen courses by prioritizing the selections (you can apply for a maximum of two courses).
- Carefully complete the DAAD application form.
- A single application for two courses is sufficient for consideration.
- Submit the application form and supporting materials to the master’s program university, not to the DAAD.
Criteria for Selection for the DAAD Helmut Schmidt Programme:
- Academic record.
- Quality of the letter of motivation.
- Alignment of the letter of inspiration with program objectives.
- Relevant practical experience
- The decision of the master’s course selection committee as well as DAAD.
- The DAAD will contact selected candidates, who will subsequently be required to provide documentation to the DAAD portal.
Document required for the DAAD Helmut Schmidt Programme
- Checklist template
- Application for the DAAD
- Curriculum vitae in reverse chronological order
- A solitary letter of encouragement.
- Diplomas from institutions of higher learning.
- Certificate of experience in the workplace.
- Language certificates (either in German or English).
- Reference letters from your current employer or professor
Deadline for the scholarship
FAQs On DAAD Helmut Schmidt Programme
Is DAAD internship fully funded?
Fully funded DAAD/RISE scholarships include: a monthly stipend of 861 Euro, international travel subsidy, health insurance and accident and personal/private liability insurance, and an allowance of 160 Euro for travel within Germany.
Who is eligible for DAAD scholarship?
The minimum requirement to apply for a DAAD scholarship normally is an IELTS (band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score 550 paper based, 213 computer based and 80 internet based). German: For those courses taught in German, a DSH 2 or Test DaF 4 certificate is necessary for matriculation.
Is it hard to get DAAD scholarship?
DAAD scholarships in Germany requirements aren't too difficult to meet. To secure DAAD funding, applicants must have completed a Bachelors degree or be in their final year of studies. There is no upper age limit, although there may be a maximum time between finishing your Bachelors and taking up a DAAD grant.
Does DAAD pay tuition fee?
Yes. DAAD does not pay tuition fees for its scholarship holders. Even as a scholarship holder, you should therefore ask your chosen host university whether tuition fees are charged for your programme.
- Graduate Research Scholarships- Australia 2023
- Canada Graduate Scholarships for International Students 2023
- Swiss government excellence scholarships 2023-2024
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023 (Fully Funded)
- Italian Government Scholarship 2023
- The Ignacy lukasiewicz scholarship program- Poland 2023