Commonwealth Professional Fellowship are for mid-career professionals from low- and middle-income countries to spend a period of time at a UK host organisation working in their sector for a programme of professional development.
The UK Department for International Development funds the Commonwealth Professional Fellowships; the program will cover all the basic expenses related to fellowship, including tuition fees, monthly stipend, travel ticket, visa fees, grants for disadvantaged people, and many other benefits.
The purpose is provide professional with the opportunity to enhance knowledge skills in their given sector and have a skyrocketing effect on their workplace.
Details of Commonwealth professional fellowship:
- Sponsor: Commonwealth scholarship commission
- Eligible: Developing countries
- Program: Fellowship
- Country: UK
- Deadline: December 15,2022
Eligibility of Commonwealth professional fellowship:
To be eligible for these Fellowships, prospective fellows must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Have at least five years’ full-time, or equivalent part-time, relevant work experience.
- Be in employment at the time of application at an organisation that they will return to upon completion of the Fellowship
- If nominated for a Professional Fellowship, prospective Fellows will be required to provide at least two references.
- Not have undertaken a Commonwealth Professional Fellowship within the last five years (at the time of taking up the award)
- Not be seeking to undertake an academic programme of research or study.
- Be available to start and complete their fellowship within prescribed dates
Benefits of Commonwealth professional fellowship:
Each Fellow will be provided:
- Approved return airfare from the fellow’s home country to the UK
- Reimbursement of the standard visa application fee
- Stipend (living allowance) payable monthly (or pro rata) for the duration of the award at the rate of £1,782 per month, or £2,197 per month for those at organisations.
- If a fellow declares a disability, a full assessment of needs and eligibility for additional financial support will be offered by the CSC.
- Arrival allowance of up to £972.59 (rates quoted at 2021/22 levels), including an element for warm clothing
- For the Clean Energy, Air and Oceans programme a £1,000 travel allowance per fellow to facilitate attendance at events.
- A maximum of £3,000 per fellow can be agreed by host organisations for short courses/conferences as well as travel to visit other UK organisations.
Suggested for you:University of Saskatchewan Scholarships
How to apply for the fellowship:
n the application form, prospective fellows will be asked to:
- List all undergraduate and postgraduate university qualifications obtained (where applicable)
- List up to 10 publications and prizes (if applicable)
- Provide details of your employment history and explain how each job is relevant to the programme you wish to undertake in the UK (up to 100 words per employment)
- Provide a statement on the relevance of your previous work experience to the proposed fellowship (up to 300 words)
- Provide a Development Impact statement in 4 parts.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage
Deadline of the fellowship: December 15,2022.